285

HAPPY 1 MILLION TO DEVOTION AWE!!!!thank you so much for everything omfg!! This chapter is extra long so enjoy!:)

Day 70 without Amelia

Harry Styles

I shut my car door, parked outside of Children's Aid. Today was the day, the day I've been waiting for.

Today was the day I got to finally see Briar, and it was all I've been living for.

I locked my car on the side of the road, basically running up the ten stone steps towards the entrance. I ran my hand back through my hair while grabbing the door with my other hand, opening it up. The visitation was at 11, but I was fifteen minutes early because I rather wait at the place then at the house.

I've moved back to my house yesterday, and Mary has been staying with me to make sure I was okay. It's been weird having her around my house on the daily but overall comforting in a way. She wished me luck as I left out the door earlier, and gosh I needed it.

I walked into the building and strided right up to the desk to the receptionist.

"Hi, I have a visitation booked." I take off my sunglasses, my foot tapping the floor in eagerness.

"Can I have a name please?" She asked while looking at the computer.

"Styles." I answered.

"Here for Briar Styles?" She clarified like we didn't have the same last name for a reason.

"Yes." I nodded, I won't be snarky today.

"Perfect, I'm just gonna have you go wait in room 107 just down that hallway." She pointed with a smile.

"Thanks." I said while walking away and towards the room at the end. My palms were sweating and my stomach was a storm, but I was excited. I've been waiting to see her for so long now, I was dying to see her face after just imagining it after all this time.

I opened the door thinking I'd be the first one here, but I wasn't.

When I opened the door to the grey carpeted room with a table, chairs, a couch and toys on the floor— I saw my baby sitting there on the floor with her stuffed duck, her green eyes lighting up in joy when she saw me.

My heart stopped as I saw her smile at me with her messy brown hair that looked longer to me. I couldn't even process how amazing it was to see her face.

I ran over to her on the floor, not even taking account to the woman sitting at the table. All that was on my mind was Briar.

I feel to my knees and picked her up, she laughed and I pulled her to me in an embrace. I shut my eyes and held her tightly, taking in her smell and how tiny she was. I buried my closed eyes into her small shoulder, enjoying the moment that I actually got to hold her before she was gone again.

I pulled back and looked at her while I was sat on my knees in the middle of the floor. Her green eyes looked at me in pure happiness and it was a look I missed from her; She was so beautiful.

"I missed you muppet." I smiled before hugging her again, never wanting to let her go.

She giggled in my ear and it was a sound I never thought I'd miss so incredibly much. No words could describe how lost I've been without here. And although I was bettering myself while she was gone, my only goal was to get her back. Without her I had nothing to really live for, she was what made this recovery experience all worth it.

"You're getting so big." I pulled back and just looked at her glowing features, knowing a week felt like a lifetime.

"Mr. Styles, if you'd like to have a seat we can discuss your case and the next steps to the custody process." A woman said from the table in the corner of the room.