Chapter 1

Current date of story: 2014 November 25th, a Tuesday

Character profile:

Name: Hong Min-ji
Age: 18
Birth Date: 30th December 1995
Height: 5 foot 4
Weight: 48kg
Nationality: American
Heritage: Korean
Parents: Unknown

T.P.V (THIRD PERSON VIEW)

Min-Ji has been a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment for around a year now. She's eighteen and yet to find her place in the company. She trains day in and day out, hoping that her day will come soon. She sighs and looks around the rehearsal room. She knows she shouldn't be complaining; some idols spend five yeas in training. All her life she's looked up to K-pop idols. They endure countless hardships during their careers, and yet they manage to always plaster a smile on their face and make everyone around them happy. That's all she wants from this, to make others happy. She squeezes her fists together and whispers to herself, "I can do it, I will do it." She walks over to the piano in the corner of the room and takes a seat on the lumpy stool. Before she came to Big Hit, she was in school and learning piano, violin, and guitar. She takes in a deep breath and hovers her hands over the keys. She presses the c keys and eases into the melodic sounds. She's not playing a particular song, just free-styling. Min-Ji lets the music take over her whole being, her soul. Her fingers have a mind of their own, they skip over the keys in graceful motions. She plays for what feels like hours, days. When her fingers finally cease, she takes a sharp breath and slumps down a little.

"Very impressive..." she looks up to see a man dressed sharply applauding her efforts. Who is he? She narrows her eyes at him as he walks closer towards her and the piano. "No need to be alarmed dear."

She jumps up from the chair and takes a small step backwards "Who are you?" she questions.

"No one to be scared of. My names Jonathan. How do you do?"

"F-fine," she stutters.

"Good. Your music...is intoxicating. If I may ask, are you a trainee here?"

"Ah y-yes, yes I am."

"I thought so," he smiles, "I work at Pledis Entertainment. I was sent to scout out new recruits. You seem quite talented. Would you be able to show me anything else?"

She simply stares suspiciously at the strange man. She doesn't know who he is, but right now, she'll take whatever opportunity is thrown at her. This could be her big break...

"S-sure...what would you like to see?"

"Well I would love to hear you sing and dance. Can you play any other instruments?"

"Yes, I can play guitar and violin as well."

"Wow...that is impressive! Do you have music you can use afterwards?"

"I still have a CD in the player. I could dance to that first and then sing after?"

"Perfect! Take it away...miss....?"

"Hong Min-ji, sir."

"Well Min-ji, let's see what you've got!"

She walks over to the CD player, presses play, and quickly moves into position. She was dancing to Boy in Luv by BTS earlier, so that's what she is to do now. She lets her body move in perfect time with the music. She's been practicing this choreography for a long time now, so her movements are deliberate and précised. She makes her way through the dance with ease, but none the less, her heart beats out of my chest, likely because one, she's tired, and two, she's nervous. This is some random gentlemen who happens to work for a rival company who stumbles upon Min-Ji playing piano with intense passion. The music slows a little, she allows her muscles to relax. The last beats passes.