Chapter 53

Current Date of Story: December 26th, 2014, a Sunday

Vernon lies on his back, his hands resting on the back of his head. He smiles as he recalls the days events. He felt as though he'd been blessed by the Gods. Afterall, he had the opportunity to see Issi again. He wasn't able to have time alone with her, but the few moments they shared was enough to make him giddy. Although, he did have a small issue. Jungkook. Upon discovering that the dashing young man has feelings for his one and only, he felt...confused and...well he had a miniscule feeling of anger and resentment. It was so small that he hardly noticed it. He sighs and recalls the quick conversation they'd had.

"So we're both...interested in her?" Jungkook mumbles.
Vernon responds with a curt nod.
"What do you think..." Jungkook trails off.
Vernon scratches the back of his neck. "Look I don't really know...I guess we just..."
"Stay out of each other's way?" Jungkook finishes.
"I think so. Hand me your phone."
As requested, Jungkook hands his phone over. Vernon types his number and save it before handing it back. "Just in case."

Was he upset that someone else was after Issi? Well yes, why wouldn't he be? Issi was a tall, passionate, striking and independent woman. But...he saw a child in her, a child that's playful, and yearning for adventure and...something more. He loves people who are still in touch with their early childhood. He finds that those who reminisce about their carefree days have the kind of personality that's intoxicating, the kind that makes you relaxed and comfortable. He rolls onto his side. Jungkook spends so much time with Issi, Vernon only sees her every now and then. His chances are low, he tells himself. Although the odds aren't in his favour, he has an unfathomable amount of confidence in his witty charm and daring looks, he thinks, stroking his chin. He smiles to himself, thinking about the way he looks when his face is expressionless and when the sun is beating down, making his hair appear glossy and his eyes shimmer. He gives himself a light slap on the cheek, "narcissist," he whispers under his breath. He climbs down from the bunk, placing his feet lightly on each rung as to not make any creaking noises. He looks around the room, everyone's in bed beside Eun. He tiptoes out of the room and shuffles his way into the kitchen. Vernon's eyes light up as he spies are huge breakfast spread of blindingly white rice, broth, egg and all kinds of side dishes. His eyes travel to Eun who's rummaging around in the fridge. "Noona...did you make all this?"
Eun's head pokes around the fridge door, "You're awake? I thought would cook something nice for everyone."
"What do you mean? You should be resting!"
Eun waves him off, "Ani, don't be silly, I'm fine."
Vernon moves her away from the fridge and closes the door, "come one, anj-a. I'll finish up." He steadies her and helps her to sit down.
Eun smiles, "thanks Vernon." She instructs him to prepare some fruits while watching him quietly. The other boys begin piling into the kitchen area, each gasping profoundly. Joshua slips in beside Eun, "did you two make all this?"
"Gosh no!" Vernon remarks, "It was all Noona."
"Daebak!" Seungkwan shouts.
Eun motions towards the spread of food, "Dig in everyone."

-

"How is the rehab going?" Joshua asks.
Eun leans on his shoulder a little more, "Last time the doctor said that It's healing faster than it usually would. Lately I've felt like I've hit a stand still, though." The air in the corridor smells of disinfectant and plastic, a scent Eun has come to find comforting.
"And how are you?"
Eun lowers her head a little, "I'm tired. But...It'll all be worth it. Right?"
He gives her a light pat on the head, "Of course, we'll do it together."
She gives Joshua a smile. "It's this room here.

-

The Doctor had greeted Eun with a huge smile, as if she was some kind of medical wonder. Right now, her foot is being twisted and rotated a million times over, the pain shooting up from her foot feels like a 45 degree day, suffocating and blinding. Joshua watches on nervously, biting his lip and tapping his left foot on the ground, over, and over again. The doctor helps her from her seat and instructs her to walk around the room five times. She tries her best to hold her posture straight, and hold her foot firm despite the weakness in it. Each time she would pass Joshua, he'd touch her hand lightly, as a small gesture of encouragement. She can't see the bright lights of her debut stage just yet, but they'll soon be in reach. So, this pain, it's nothing to her.

-
Current Date of Story: 27th of December, 2014, a Monday

Jonathan stands before the members of Seventeen holding a small blue slip of paper. He unfolds it, "Eun's last challenge...as decided by the CEO himself is..." everyone on the rooms starts hitting the ground to create the effect of a drumroll, "to bring her weight down to 45 kg...in three days."
"Mwo!" everyone shouts in unison.
Jonathan squats down to meet Eun at eye level, "try your best. And remember, don't push yourself too hard."
Mingyu taps her on the shoulder, "how much do you weigh currently?"
She sighs, "last time I checked, 48. Don't worry, I've got a few tricks up my sleeves."
"Like what" Soon-young asks.
"Do we have much glad wrap at the dorm?"
Joshua tilts his head to the side, "ani, wae?"
"I'm going to need to sweat...a lot."

-

Eun pulls her jumper over her head, and as she starts removing her t-shirt, Joshua lets out a yelp, "Ya! I'm still in here!"
Eun smirks, "don't get ahead of yourself, I just need your help. I'm wearing a crop top okay?"
"A-arrasso."
Eun removes the red rod her over clothing, leaving her in bike shorts and a sports top. She hands him the glad wrap, "help wrap this around my middle. Make sure it's tight."
Joshua unravels some wrap and places the end on her middle, his fingers feeling a slight tingle. "And what is this supposed to do exactly?"
"Well, when you sweat excessively, you can lose weight. This glad wrap should help me sweat."
He continues to circles Eun, pulling on the wrap as tight as he could without ripping it. "You're already so small...how can you possible get any lighter?"
A sigh of frustration escapes her lips, "it's not unusual for an idol to have to lose weight."
"Just promise me you won't do something stupid."
Eun switches to English, "I can't do that," she pears into his eyes, "you know how it goes, I'm sure you've seen it."
"Of course I have...but it's you this time."
Her hand touches his cheek, "I know I can't do the same, but can you promise me something?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Dont...get in my way. Don't try to stop me."
He blinks...twice. "I...," he sighs, "I can do that."
"Promise?" she reaches out her pinky.
Joshua nods, "promise."