Chapter 25

Vernon, Jihoon and Jeonghan saunter into their room and spy the couple sleeping peacefully in each other's arms. Jihoon ignores the two altogether and climbs into bed, crashing immediately. The remaining two took a moment to stare at the couple. Vernon sighs, "Poor guy."

"What makes you say that?"

"Didn't you hear her? She got a little...angry. I mean, she had a reason...but I just can't help but feel bad for him."

Jeonghan flopped down onto his bed and propped himself up using his elbow, "what'd she say?"

"You sure you wanna know?"

A nod.

Vernon also retreated to his bed. "She reminded him that he hadn't-"

Woozi through a pillow at Vernon, hitting him square in the face, "im trying to sleep!"

"Shh!," Vernon said pointing to Joshua and Min-Ji. The two stirred but remained asleep.

Woozi whisper-yelled, "just go to sleep already!"

"Ye, Hyung," Vernon continued in a whisper, "She reminded him that he hasn't asked her out yet."

Jeonghan bit at a fingernail, "that's rough. She does have a point though. Joshua isn't...well rehearsed in the world of love," he chuckles, "he probably thought confessing set their relationship in stone. Cute, isn't it?"

Vernon let out a breathy laugh, "I'll say."

Jeonghan quietly chuckled to himself. Gaining another member was never a surprise to the boys, however the fact that it was a girl...it had shocked them all. He guessed it had made everyone even more excited about debuting. There was something about her that was mysterious, the deep, dark, brown colour of her eyes seemed to...be never ending. Almost as if a whole another civilisation lived inside her. Yes, she looked like Joshua, but she was nothing like him, they were worlds apart. His friends, who was normally cheery and oddly outgoing, had become tentative and obsessed with this girl. Jeonghan had never been this intrigued by a person before. He wasn't to happy about it either. She just made him feel...unnerved, in one way or another. They had already built up a sizeable fan base, it was something to be proud of, but Jeonghan, being the mother hen that he is, couldn't help but worry that Min-Ji's addition could hurt that fan base. As good as her voice was, he hadn't even seen her dance. But if the CEO saw something in her, then she had to be good. He did, however, wonder why the CEO was so desperate to keep her that he flew in something from Australia. Maybe she was just that good. He didn't know. He didn't have a clue.

Current date of story: 4th of December, a Thursday

Min-Ji P.O.V

My eyes shoot open, blinding pain is ripping through my head. I grit my teeth and claw at my head. So I guess that's what a hangover feels like...I grunt and roll over. My eyes widen when I spy Joshua's peaceful sleeping face mere inches in front of my own. I pat my hands down to my stomach and breath out in relief, clothes are still on. I chuckled to myself, who am I kidding, Joshua wouldn't...would he? I shake my head, no, he wouldn't. I smile at his soft and malleable face. His breathing is steady and even, not for much longer I thought. I move my head a touch closer to his and scream, completely disregarding the others in the room, "boo!"

He jolts awake, his breathing heavy and uneven. He places a hand lightly on his chest and smiles at me wryly. The others in the room all moan and cover their ears with crisp white pillows. Joshua strokes my hair gently, "your rehab starts today."

I sigh, "does too, I completely forgot...who's taking me?"

His hand freezes, "I offered but...Jonathan thought he should be the one to take you."

I nod. Of course I wanted Josh to take me, but I know that I can't be around him twenty-four seven. I have to think about Seventeen. It will always be them first, always no matter what. I have to keep reminding myself that every day. I roll back onto my back while Joshua stands up, "Let's go!"

The group ate breakfast of somewhat soggy toast and eggs. I had insisted again and again that I be the one to cook, but being the angel's they all are, forced me to step back. I can't really say that I'm entirely grateful, this injury has made me feel useless, absolutely useless. I'm used to cooking every day, cleaning every day (well almost every day). Now I don't do anything. For the past few days it's been soggy toast, ramen or takeout. And because of this lack of control I have, I can feel myself getting larger by the minute. I should be getting smaller, if anything. I glance around the room to the boys, all having second helpings (excluding a few). I have to say, the biggest question on my mind right now, is how much it costs to feed them for a whole month, undoubtedly a fortune is what. Jonathan strolls into the living area with his unusual cheery expression. "Morning my little cherups! Those of you who aren't dressed, go! Half of the group disperse into our respected rooms, leaving only my room and DK sitting around the enormous behemoth of a table. Jonathan takes a seat, "how are we all faring, good?"

Everyone nods in perfect sync. "Excellent! Because today, you'll have to work hard, you as well, Min-Ji."

T.P.V

Joshua sat in silence, half listening to and half ignoring the boys' chatter. Whatever lay install for them today, Joshua didn't want to find out. When Jonathan said they were going to need to work hard, they worked hard, really hard.

Jonathan sits in the driver's seat, Min-Ji beside him.

"Have you been getting along with everyone?"

The girl chokes on a laugh at his weirdly seductive tone, "Ye, PD Nim."

"Good. Your lucky the company is paying for this, you know. I should hope that you make the most of it."

Min-Ji tilts her head to the side, she could have sworn that she heard him say father. She shook her head, "I know."

"Excellent, I know you'll try your hardest," Jonathan taps his fingers on the steering wheel, "Oh! We forgot your clothes, I'll bring them over later today."

"Why do I need my clothes?"

"You're staying here until your treatment finishes."

"What?"

"Your father thought it best that you spend as much time as possible here," Jonathan covers his mouth as if he realise what he had done. Min-Ji choked again and held her head in her hands. Her father was the one paying for this, but she didn't know her father. Then who would...

"The CEO is my father?" she stuttered

Jonathan bites down of his lip, drawing a trickle of blood, "yes, yes he is."

hey guys!!

Omg we've got 1 thousand reads! I am so thankful to all of you! Honestly, i cant thank you enough. Sorry for the short chapter, I promise I'll work harder to get a new one written soon!

Thanks

Josie💖