Chapter 52

Current Date of Story: December 25th, 2014, a Saturday (Christmas DAY)

The restaurant smells of cooked meat and stock, a smell that Eun enjoys very much. Along with the laughter and chatter, Christmas day is shaping up nicely, Eun says in her head. Jimin places a hand on her shoulder, snapping her out of her daze. He smiles as he slides into the empty seat beside her. "Can I ask you something Noona?""Yes, of course," she replies, turning to face him.He removes his hand from her shoulder. "Is it okay living with thirteen guys? Do they treat you well?"Eun looks to her hands that lie in her lap and smiles wryly, "yes, they do.""That's great! Has anything happened though? They're men after all."Eun takes Jimin's hands in her own. "I did have one incident with Mingyu, but Joshua was there for me. It's all been resolved. You don't have to worry about me, the guys and I are family now.""As long as you're comfortable."She gives his hands a squeeze, "You have to promise me something though."He nods."Make sure Issi is taken care of, okay?"Jimin smiles from ear to ear and gives a quick glance at Jungkook, "I think you'll find Kookie has that covered. Don't worry, Issi is well looked after.""Okay, I'll take your word for it.""Can I give you some advice?""About what?" she asks.Jimin leans in closer, "you're dating that Joshua guy, right?"She gives him a slight nod."Having a relationship with one of the guys...could be dangerous. You see each other every day. You'll see his good sides, but you'll see his bad too."Eun peers into his face, she catches a look of steadfast seriousness."Don't mind me, I don't mean to get involved. Although, I do think you should think about it," he says with a gummy smile on his squishable face. Eun scrunches her own face, seeing the merit and truth in what the younger is saying. "I'll take that into account, thank you Jimin.""It's my pleasure. But you know," he looks at Joshua, "he isn't such a bad guy, I can see his charm. Just...do what you see best. If you love him, then stay in the relationship. But, if by any chance, you think you can't last the hike...Well you know where I'm going with this."The group stands outside the restaurant after eating, all saying their goodbyes. Eun wanders over to Jungkook who stands by himself. She smiles slightly, "It was nice to see you again," she says, in a slightly shaky voice. Jungkook reciprocates in an equally unstable tone, "yes, it was." He peers at her with a look of want and uncertainty. "Eun...can I...hug you goodbye?"Eun's eyes widen slightly, as if surprised by the sudden request. "I guess that would be okay..."He reaches out his arms and wraps her in a warm embrace. The pair saver the warmth of each other. The relationship that had ended would not tarnish their friendship, this hug made sure of that. Jungkook releases her. "Merry Christmas," he says bowing slightly. Taehyung sneaks up behind Eun and taps on her shoulder, "Would I be able to get me one of those too?"She smiles at him and spreads her arms wide, beckoning for him to hug her. He does just that. A feeling of relief and content fills the hearts of both of them. They are friends, close friends. They needed to overlook each others mistakes and shortcomings. And while they held one another, they did just that.

Joshua, Eun and Vernon arrive back at the Seventeen dorm after a filling meal and nothing short of warm company. Joshua pushes the door open and makes way for Eun to half limp her way through the doorway. She reaches the living room to see her father seated on the couch, surrounded by the other members. He turns his head and greets her with a pleasant smile, no doubt putting on an act in front of everyone else. He was surely saving his smile of resentment for later on, when it's just the two of them. Eun knows that's why he's here, to talk to her. Alone. And sure enough, her stands and says, "Min-Ji, just the lady I was looking for. Please, join me in another room."She nods, knowing that she can't refuse. Her feet carry her sluggishly into a bedroom. Her father pulls a small box from his pocket and hands it to Eun. "This," he says motioning to the box, "belonged to your mother, and her mother before that."Eun opens the box to reveal a necklace. Attached to it was a small heart pendant, what she assumed to be diamonds, or regular gems, sparkle a brilliant dull light."Consider it a Christmas gift." He gives her one final look of...something sinister. He strides past her and reaches for the doorknob. Before leaving he says, in a hushed voice, "you know, since you've signed with us, you'll have to do whatever is asked of you." The comment sends a shiver down her spine.

Eun sat comfortably and watched as Seokmin and Soonyoung scream their throats raw in a fabulously cringy karaoke duet. The so called 'singing' pierced Eun's somewhat sensitive ears. The gang had eaten dinner out in celebration of Christmas and were now at the nearby Karaoke joint crammed into a room and enjoying the loud and out of tune sounds that came with a night of little concern of singing quality. The two finished their song and jumped into each other's arms, obviously happy with their 'efforts. The night went on, members taking turns in choosing songs and losing their voices. Eun sang one song and refused to sing any more than that. She had never particularly cared for participating in karaoke, but enjoyed watching others live in the moment. Suengcheol sat down beside her and spoke into her ear so she could hear, "has the CEO been giving you a tough time lately?"She places her head on his shoulder and says "a little, but nothing I can't handle."He corrects her, "No, its nothing we can't handle."

Seventeen sit cuddled up on the floor and couches in the dorm watching a Christmas Flick. Eun is sitting on Joshua with her legs spread out onto Jihoon who had given her a dirty look when she had dropped them onto his lap. Joshua holds Eun in his arms and has his head resting on hers. Eun's mind wanders back to what Jimin had said at lunch. He was right, having a relationship with someone in the group could be a recipe for disaster. However, in this moment, the only thing she feels right now is warmth, and love. She feels safe. At peace.