Chapter 11

Current date of story: 29th of November 2014, a Saturday.

T.P.V

Joshua sat beside her, just staring. She was in a cast that reached nearly to her knee cap, tubes flowed out of either of her wrists. The only sound in the room came from the beeping of a machine. Her heart rate was steady and even. Her chest rose and fell with ease. She sleeps peacefully now, Joshua thought, but her recovery was likely to be long and tedious. Never in his life had he cared so much about one person. He knew that she was special, he had already established that. He knew that she won't be happy to see him upon waking up. But what could he do? Leave? No, he needed to be here. Joshua stood from the hard, faded aqua chair . His fingers danced along the bare skin of her arm. He remembered her eyes, as dark as chocolate. He stared into the mirror opposite him, frowning at his own eyes. He sighed heavily and looked away from the mirror. The lighting in the room was dim and yellow. It reminded him of the way Min-Ji looked under the sunlight, the way her hair flowed in waves. He carefully went over the steps to their debut song, picturing how they looked. He walked to the center of the room and brushed away the hair that rested over his eyes. He got into position and slowly took himself through the series of moves, his feet skidding along the slippery hospital floor. For only a second, it was only him and the music racing through his head.

Min-Ji P.O.V

My eyes flutter open, an eerie yellow glow greeting me. Pain slams into me like a truck, my lip quivers. My eyes lazily wander around the room, finally resting on a moving finger. I make out the figure to be Joshua, rage boils within me. I bite my lip as I watch his feet move along the floor. His movements are fluid and precise. He stops, his back facing towards me. I push myself up into a sitting position. I grunt and Joshua spins on his heels to face me. He smiles wryly at me.

T.P.V

Min-Ji's arms shake under her weight while she stares up at Joshua, her face blank and expressionless. Joshua takes a few steps closer, and as he does Min-Ji inches closer to the edge of the bed, moving herself away from Joshua. He frowns and sighs, knowing that what he had foreseen was true. He looked into her eyes with sympathy. Never would he dare to imagine the pain she feels, both physical and mental. Standing her now, he had never felt more fear in his lifetime. He felt a bead of sweat fall across his face. He re-positioned his feet as if he were sizing up his opponent. Min-Ji remained the same, eyes never wavering. The silence between them was anything but awkward. There was an invisible rope, as thick as a tree trunk, that seemed to be binding them together. Neither moved, neither looked away. The rope tightened as seconds past. The tension deepened as minutes went bye. The strange aura that seemed to surround them was nothing like either of them had felt before. It tormented the both of them, wracked their brains, tore down their walls, until finally,

"I'm sorry...I really am," Joshua's voice is flat, strong sounding.

Min-Ji breaths in deeply and says nothing. The tension tightens and her throat begins to feel tight. She knew that if she said anything now, she would surely be crying within seconds.

"I know what I did now. And I won't deny it," he stops and takes a step closer, his thigh grazing the crisp white bed sheet, "I can't begin to understand your position, I won't bother trying. What happened happened. I can't change that. I can't change the blood that runs through our veins. And God I wish I could, I really do." Joshua runs his fingers through his soft locks and looks towards the ceiling. At this stage it didn't look like she was going to say a single word. The silence returned, the same tension looming over their heads. Min-Ji choked on the words she was so desperate to say. Then sob escaped her mouth. In that instant, her emotions exploded. Tears poured out of her eyes. Joshua was frozen, unsure of what to do, unwilling to test whatever boundaries are in place. He curses under his breath, damning his religion. He sat on the edge of the bed, carefully and cautiously wrapping his arms around her. She shifted under his grip, Joshua squeezed tighter. Her sobs intensified, not having the will power to tear herself away from him. Pain was searing through her foot and leg, despite the meds that were running through her veins. Her sobbing eased, Joshua's grip did not. Min-Ji stilled struggled against it, pushing at his arms weakly. Joshua remains content, making soothing sounds. He retracts one arm, moving the other further around Min-Ji's shaking frame. He strokes the top of her head lightly. Min-Ji was adamant, every bone in her body was urging at her to stay put, every single one. But her mind was screaming, yelling at her to flee, escape his grip. Tears still rolled down her face. Be brave she told herself, be strong she willed. He wronged you, she thought, he knew, he knew. She used all her strength and shoved Joshua away from her. He stood from the bed. Min-Ji is shaking again, trembling like Joshua had never seen. She looked at him with fierceness in her yes.

Then she yelled, "Get out!"