Chapter 17

Current date of story: 30th of November 2014, a Saturday

The boys all sat on and around the couch, 11 of them wondering where Mingyu had disappeared to. Jeonghan was staring intently at Joshua who was undoubtedly not himself. His brows were furrowed and his hair was ruffled and covered his droopy and bloodshot eyes. Jeonghan knew from the moment that his head had moved from left to right that Mingyu wasn't coming back, not tonight anyway. His eyes flickered from Joshua's to scan over the other boys. Both Woozi and Vernon were looking towards himself and nodding their heads in Joshua's direction as if he was the only one that could get any information out of him. He sighed and turned his attention back to Joshua who now had his head in his hands. For another minute Jeonghan mulled over his options, 1: Bail and go to bed. 2: Bail and go find Mingyu. 3: Bail and run away like Mingyu did...or 4: Ask his friend what was happening. In all honesty, 1, 2 & 3 sounded pretty good to him. But, as cliché as it sounds, his heart was telling him that four was the best choice. A lump formed in his throat as he began speaking, "Joshuji...can you say something? You're kind of killing the mood here...," Jeonghan immediately regretted his words and made to correct himself when Min-Ji appeared. She approached the couch and bowed, "joesonghabnida...for the trouble I've caused," her voice was the opposite of mellow, it was rough, husky, harsh, it was as if she had been crying for hours on end.

Joshua was taken aback, he recognised the face...but not the voice. Min-Ji wasn't the one to speak like that, he has only known her for...less than a week, he realised. A week was all it took to fall in love with her, all it took to know that something was indefinitely wrong. His eyes scanned hers, he was looking for any hint of, well, her. Below her eyes he spotted a small stream of shine. He pursed his lips, she had been crying, while he was sitting here worrying about the band and Mingyu. Minghao was the first to speak, but not in Korean, "What do you mean? You've done nothing wrong."

Min-Ji shook her head, a tear fell down left cheek. "I have." No one else but Jun and Minghao knew what either her or Minghao said. The frail girl held out Joshua's phone, the few closest to her read over the message.

"I'm a terrible person, I realise that. That's why I'm leaving, there's not room for both her and myself. She's going to make the group into something amazing, I can't do that. I like her and God I hate myself for it, I've only seen her a few times. Fighting!"

Joshua's heart skipped a beat and then began thudding against his chest, hard. His head was spinning. Drama, drama, drama, he thought, too much had happened. Too much had happened in one week. It was ridiculous, unbelievable even, no, it was complete insanity. He knew the other boys were thinking the same thing. And he knew what Min-Ji was thinking, that she had to leave. He wouldn't let her, not in a million years. He jumped over the edge of the couch and pushed on her shoulder, motioning her to follow him. In the hallway, Joshua takes a deep breath, knowing that his new found sense of seriousness might shock her into some kind coma. "I know what you're thinking," he spoke in English, wanting to hide their conversation from any ease-droppers, "you want to leave."

Joshua watches her silently as another tear falls down her face. She nods her head ever so slightly, "Mingyu-"

"What about him? He'll come back. You're apart of this group now, don't forget it. You have an obligation, just like Mingyu does. I hope you're not going to walk away from it."

She sniffs and nods again. She knew this, knew that she now had an obligation to stay. But to her, it didn't seem like she could. Coming into this, the last thing she wanted was to force something out or cause any trouble. And she did exactly that. If she left, at least Mingyu would come back, at least she hoped. She looked up at Joshua, her face resembled a network of rivers. Her eyes glistened. She shook her head, "I don't think he will."

Joshua placed a hand on the back of her neck and placed it on his chest, "he will, trust me."

"I do but..."

"Then you should know that he's coming back." They stood in the hallway for a few minutes, Joshua holding Min-Ji tight against him, and Min-Ji sobbing and clawing at his t-shirt which was now slick with her salty tears. Joshua took her chin in one hand, "you're adorable, you know that right?"

She sniffed and nodded, "I know," I small smile appeared on her face causing Joshua cackle.

"Come on, let's get you into bed."

Current date of story: 1st of December 2014, a Sunday
Min-Ji's eyes opened. She shot up and looked around the room. No one was in the room, sheets were tossed on the floor, pillows were scattered everywhere and somehow, there were at least six different pairs of socks were sprinkled across the carpet that weren't there yesterday. She groaned, not expecting her new living conditions to be this...gross. She was used to order and floors that spoke cleanliness. She may back down on her shoulder and caught sight of a yellow post-it note clinging to a small glass of water. She squinted her eyes to compensate for the small about of light in the room.

"We had to leave and I didn't want to wake you, your meds are on the table. We'll be back soon. Joshua x"

Her smile lit up the room. She jumped out of bed, landing on both feet and then crashing to the ground with the sinking realisation of what she had forgotten. Her foot.

Min-Ji P.O.V
I sat on the floor, clutching my leg and gritting my teeth.
"Aish! It's all your fault..." I manage to smile despite the pain as an image of Joshua's face flashes through my mind. I grunt and use my one good leg to stand. I swipe the crutches that are leaning against the bunk. I sigh. Pain, pain, and more pain is all I'm feeling. I force myself into the kitchen and spy a white pill bottle, next to it a glass of water. Right now I'm thankful for the extra glass, considering my inability to carry anything, not that I've done any experimenting. After swallowing a pill and some water I headed back to my room. I flop down onto my bed, rummage through my bag and pluck out my phone. I sorted through my many emails and finally came across the one I wanted. My contract with BigHit. Normally trainees don't have contracts as such, I don't know why I'm an exception. I scroll straight down to the section titled 'breaches of contract'. As Joshua had said, there had to be some kind of loophole. Being the idiot that I am, I hadn't taken I moment to look over the contract. My eyes scan over the eye reaching formalities and lengthy words that I didn't care fore such as subsequent to...ensuing...finally I reach the section in the page long paragraph outlining how the contract could be breached. 1. Failure to perform 2. Failure to comply with conditions listed in section two 2. Involvement in a scandal that could result in the damaging of the company's reputation...my eyes froze.

Hey Guys!
Full disclosure here...i have no idea what I was thinking while writing this chapter and I don't have any ideas how contracting works in the kpop world so I hope you can excuse any mistakes! We now have over 600 reads I couldn't be happier😊
Thanks so much!
-Josie💖💖