Chapter 29

The boys and Min-Ji sat in a circle, listening to Woozi singing a little more of their mostly impromptu debut song. They all smiled kindly at their lyric king and clapped along as he sang melodically. Everyone speeds up their clapping as he finishes and shroud him with hugs and physical contact in some way, which they all know he hates with his very soul. He try's his hardest to push them off but fails dismally as twelve young boys pile on top of him, knocking the air out of his tiny lungs. Min-Ji laughed quietly to herself as she watched the horrifying scene unfold right before her eyes. She felt a finger tap her shoulder lightly, she turned around to meet Issi's eyes. They both smiled brightly at each other and giggled as they heard Jihoon groan in agony. Issi hauled Min-Ji up to her feet and ushered her out of the room. In the hallway, Issi begins jumping up and down in the air.

"Guess what?" she said in an oddly high pitched tone.

"Vernon asked you out?" Min-Ji responded.

She laughs, "no. but that would be nice!"

"You met up with this super school French guy you dated two years ago?"

This time she sighs, "no, but that does sound like me."

"I've got nothing else, what's the news?"

She grabs Min-Ji's hand, "I'm joining a group!"

Min-ji sequels along with her friend, "That's awesome! I thought you were going solo though?"

"Mm, that's what I though too."

"Have you met them?"

"Ye, I have. You'll never guess who they are..."

Min-Ji stood silent for a moment. BigHit only really has one proper group at the moment, BTS, but they could be forming a girl group, but that wouldn't make sense since Min-Ji was never put into a group. She shakes her head from side to side, "I don't have a clue."

"It's BTS!"

"Mwo? Jinjia?" Her heart sank, and sank, and sank.

Issi shook her hand wildly, "Ye!"

Min-Ji sighs. Worst. Possible. Case. Scenario. Her only and best friend was joining her own, sort of enemy. She choked, "Tha-That's great."

"I know right? I'm hyped! But a little worried. Their fan base is huge, and I don't think they'll be too thrilled to see me joining the group. I met with them a little while ago, they're all quite nice. I wasn't expecting anything less but you know sometimes people aren't who they appear to be on tv!"

"Too true...I'm sure you'll be fine," Min-Ji smiles.

"You think so? What I'm about to Say may sound a little...odd, but Jung kook...kept eyeing me, I think he has a little crush on me, what do you reckon?"

Min-Ji nods slightly, "maybe."

Issi joined the group in the room for a few rounds of intense 'duck duck goose'. Issi was chased by Vernon for a solid three minutes which resulted in the two of them lying on top of each other in a heap on the shiny wooden floor. Min-Ji enjoyed the half hour of freedom, however her though overcame her as soon as Issi left the studio for Big Hit. Issi had basically saved her behind when she accepted the CEO's offer, she dropped everything she had going on at home to come here. She would be, and is, eternally grateful to her newly found friend. But now, Min-Ji has the chance to become tangled up in her ex's affairs once again. And that is something she doesn't want in the slightest. She was merely beginning to let go of that nightmare of a relationship, one that she thought meant everything to herself and Jungkook. But in reality, It seemed to mean nothing to him at all. He said he cared, said he loved her, but if any of that was actually true, she would still be with him, would still be working her hardest to prove herself to CEO Bang. Perhaps she's better off this way, perhaps the separation that came to be would make her into the person that is deserving of a spot in an idol group. She knows now that Seventeen is where she truly belongs, that where Joshua is, is where she is meant to be. She hopes that a relationship doesn't form between her friend and Jungkook. She'd make sure to push Vernon towards her. She'd support her friend with everything she has, but only to a point, because she knew that her fragile heart couldn't take much more. She knew her limits, knew that eventually she'd give in to what fears were chasing her, lurking in the shadows.

Joshua watched his girlfriend carefully while Vernon and Issi ran around the circle like energetic puppies. She watched them run, and was acting happy. But behind her dark brown pupils he caught hints of heartbreak, rage and despair mixed into one hot, fiery mess. He sighed and turned back to the pair who were now lying on the floor, entangled in each other's limbs. Min-Ji smiled at them. Vernon sat down in Issi's spot while Issi began making her way around the circle, grasping the small stuffed toy tightly in her left hand. She circles the circumference of the circle two times, making the whole group feel anxious and unnerved. She stops circling and glances at Min-Ji who nods. She begins walking once again, edging closer to Min-Ji who is clutching her crutches tightly. Issi drops the stuffed toy behind Min-Ji's back and breaks off into a run. Min-Ji gets to her feet and uses her crutches expertly to manoeuvre herself around the circle at an impressive speed. Everyone claps as the girls run. Min-Ji propels herself that little bit further and jumps onto Issi, sending the two girls to the floor. They both erupt in laughter as the applause continues. Joshua smiles from ear to ear, knowing that his girlfriend is stronger than anyone in the room, and that she can accomplish anything.