Chapter 24

Jonathan leans an elbow on the desk, clearly intrigued, "oh my...that does peek my interest. I'm guessing that my little flower doesn't know about this?"

"That, she doesn't. I don't plan on telling her that either."

"And why might that be?"

"The media, my dear friend, if they found out about this...matter, shall we say, all eyes would be on us, and not in a good way. I don't want that kind of attention."

Jonathan relaxes back into his chair, "fair enough. What of her mother?"

The CEO gave him a look that said, too far. He nodded and retreated from the office.

Time skip, one day later

Current date of story: 3rd of December, a Wednesday

Laughter filled the small private room and the smell of liquor stained the air. The two girls sat amongst the thirteen rowdy boys. Joshua sat beside Min-Ji and Vernon beside Issi. Issi stared longingly down at her plate of food, a couple pieces of fried chicken and some gorgeous and delicious looking special fried rice. In front of Min-Ji May a bowel of steaming hot Jjajangmyeon. S. Coups stood at the head of the large table and held out his cup, "fighting!"

The group all repeated the chant, even Issi. They all dug in, most disregarding the cutlery and chopsticks that lay beside them and opted to use their hands. Min-Ji went to down a shot but was stopped by Josh who instead passed her a glass of water, "drink water, not alcohol."

She wined, pointing to the glass that sat in front of him, "you can't talk! You're drinking."

Vernon gives him a look, "Yeah Josh, lighten up, hell Issi's already drunk."

"Hey!" She muttered,"Je ne suis pas saoul, Je suis juste ivre de vous!(I'm not drunk...I'm just intoxicated by you)," she said in french and places a finger on Vernon's nose and says 'boop'.

Vernon chuckles and smiles sweetly at Issi. But in his head, he's wondering what the hell she just said. Min-Ji smiles at her two friends.

"I'll drink water tonight but next time...," she does her best attempt at puppy eyes as if she needs to ask for permission.

Joshua sighs, "yeah okay I guess I can't stop you can I?"

She mutters, "nope."

Vernon rises from the table. He looks down at Issi and then back towards the rest of the group, "we've only known Issi for a couple of days, less than that even. But I think it's safe to say that she's made a big impact on all of us, especially myself.  To Issi!"

The group cheered and screamed. Min-Ji clapped loudly and and smiled a smile that lit up the room.

The group all decided on second helpings, excluding Issi and Min-Ji. They urged the girls to indulge a little, they politely declined, guessing that they didn't really understand why. With both their debuts round the corner they needed to 'keep in shape'. After the boys had eaten...way too much, they scurried over to the karaoke machine. The first few rounds consisted of mainly Hoshi and Seokmin screaming rather than singing, resulting in one to many moans and groans. They acted as if they were drunk, even though legally, they can't drink. Min-Ji stood up from Joshua's lap and pulled Issi with her. She forced a microphone into her hands and smiled. The two girls sang to counting stars. The boys had cheered them on throughout the duration of the song, giving them both  a feeling of joy and in a way, self worth. Min-Ji had bathed in the sounds of her own soft, sweet voice and the lower beautiful tones of Issi's. She hadn't heard her friend sing, but now, she didn't want to stop hearing that velvet smooth, yet rough and textured voice of Issi's. It was interesting and inviting, unlike her own that seemed to be bland more than anything else. While the others listened to Issi and watched her move gracefully around the floor space in front of them, she crept back to the table and through down a spare shot she had seen minutes ago. She downed some sake. A smile appeared on her face as the cool liquid burned and tickled her throat.

Min-Ji P.O.V

I giggled and tipped my head backwards. My head felt like it was spinning, and I liked it. Stars danced on the ceiling. A hand rested upon my shoulder and I leaned further into my crutches and tilt my head further backwards to see Joshua with a raised eyebrow that meant he was either annoyed or trying to say, why didn't you listen to me? I had never had alcohol before a few seconds ago, and to my surprise I...loved it. And at the moment, I was feeling happy, giggly and, like my old self. Joshua however, was not impressed. He sighed and patted the top of my head. "How are you drunk already?" He pushed my head and neck back into an upright position. He walked around me and peered into my smiley face. His hand were now in the pockets of his jeans. "You've done a number on yourself haven't you?"

I nodded and bit at her lip, "kiss me?"

Joshua stared unblinkingly at me. "Not while you're drunk."

I pouted, "why not?"

His expression turned half sour, half sad? "Because I don't want you doing anything you really don't want to."

I tapped a finger into his chest, "you need to man up and ask me out."

This time he blinked. Not once, not twice, but thrice. "I-"

T.P.V

Joshua looked into her anger ridden eyes, "tomorrow. When you're sober."

She giggled, and for the first time her smile, really smile, like she meant it with all her heart. Min-Ji eyes fluttered closed and then open a few times before she fell into Joshua's arms. He looked back over to the group and smiled half-heartedly.  Dino wandered over and pointed to her, "is noona okay?"

Joshua nodded, "of course. I'm going to take her home, can you tell the others? And look after the crutches, okay?"

Dino solutes, "Ye hyung!"

Joshua laid her onto the bottom half of his bunk and turned away. He was stopped in his tracks by her hand that was wrapped tightly around his wrist. She muttered, "stay." So he did.