Chapter 30

Current date of Story: 5th of December, a Friday

Han Seong-su throws down a white rose, it's petals scatter upon impact, the pure white colour of the rose a definite contrast to the murky and mossy greys of the desolate tombstone. He smiles softly.

'Beloved family member, provider. Min-seo, Rhee. Born 1967, Died December 30th, 1995. 

Seong-su stoops to a squatting position and clasps his hands together, entwining his fingers. "Mother of my daughter...once love of my life...gone forever," he sighed. The tombstone began to shimmer, the small grains of stone meeting the sun in one brilliant fiery dance of beautiful sunlight. His small smile fades into a facade of seriousness. "Why did you choose to run away? Why couldn't you have stayed? You could have lived, then." His eyes are etched in a coating of fiery rage and oddly, a layer of despair, regret. He drops his head, smile reappearing and body rising to face Jonathan. "You wanted to know what happened? This...is what happened." Jonathan didn't dare say a word, he simply nodded, bowing his head in sympathy. CEO Han turns his body, angling himself towards the awaiting sun.

Issi cautiously knocked on a simplistic and white door. She nervously shuffled her feet along the floor and her bag hung still in front of her while she waited, anxious as hell. The door swung open, she met the eyes of one surprised Jungkook. He wears a long sleeved white t-shirt that reached his mid thigh, fitted black tracksuit pants and an extremely confused and rugged expression on his face. "Issi? I thought you weren't coming until Sunday morning?"
She nodded slightly, adjusting her hoodie, "yes, I'm sorry I had problems with my hotel—"
"It's fine, don't worry about it. Have you eaten? Dinner's almost ready."
"I haven't, no, thank you."
He grins, "you're welcome," he says, grabbing issi's large bag and swinging it across his shoulder. Namjoon calls from the couch, "Maknae who is it?"
Jungkook responds with I chirp to his voice, "Issi's here early hyung!"
Namjoon spins his head sharply, meeting issi's face with a smile and curt nod. Issi smiles as well, secretly frowning at his rudely brief nod. It was as if he didn't want her here at all. The others filed into the room, the lot of them scurrying up to Issi and offering their warm welcomes. Taehyung enveloped Issi in a friendly hug while others chose to clasp a hand on her delicate, yet firm and muscular shoulder. Jin returned to the small kitchen, Issi following closely behind. The pair worked in the kitchen, bickering about whatever popped into their heads. Issi carefully chopped carrot after carrot, shocking the boys with her precise movements.

A bowel was plopped down in front of Issi and she licked her lips in anticipation. The group expressed their gratitude and plunged their spoons and chopsticks into their meals. They ate in silence for a few moments before Namjoon offered a question to Issi, "What do you want from this? From us?"
Issi choked on her food and turned to down her small glass of water as Jungkook patted her back and eyed his leader. Issi composes herself and nods a thank you to Jungkook. "What do you mean?" she says, rubbing her now sore throat. Namjoon drops his spoon into his bowel and stares at her intently, "I mean what do you want, money, fame?"
Issi lowers her head. She half expected this kind of thing from their leader, but it was still a shock to her. She bit her lip, contemplating her response. She remembered Min-Ji and her radiant smile before delivering her reply, "I don't want money, nor do i want to be famous, I simply want a change of scenery. I'm from Australia and have always loved Korea's culture, I thought that taking this leap would help me achieve something besides good grades or a high ATAR score."
Namjoon looked into her eyes, they were filled with passion and determination. The truth, she was clearly telling the truth, there was no denying it. He nods, "one more thing, are you fans of ours?"
This time around everyone is choking, on air, food, and one even sprays a fountain of water onto an unexpecting Suga who launches himself upon his attacker. Hobi jumps up from his chair and shouts an apology as he runs around the small apartment, Suga a mere meter behind his baffled prey. The group pays no attention to the screaming and focus their eyes onto Issi.
"I do like your music, yes, but in no way am I a die hard army member," she says calmly. The lot that remained all sighed while Hobi screamed a thank god from underneath of Suga who tightly pinned Hobi to the floor with his whole body, face smushed up against the back of Hobi's head. Namjoon grumbles, "Suga, get off of him would you?"

Issi was left on her own to unpack in her room with Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin while the group lounged in the living room. She chucked her clothes into the small amount of space assigned to her. She looked around the room, sighing at the two bunks beside each other. She wondered if this is how Min-Ji felt, this feeling of uncertainty and pure...bewilderment, she supposed. She was here, she was 'safe' but in no way wa she calm. She's living with seven boys that she hardly knew and was about to be thrown into the life of a K-pop idol. The door creaked open and Jungkook sauntered on into the room. "Do you need any help?"
"No, I'm fine, thank you," she replied, keeping her face hidden by her flowing locks. Jungkook strode towards her and sat down on the bottom bunk next to her bag. "Why did you really come? I can tell that you weren't lying but there's another reason, isn't there?"
Her hands froze, she sighed. "I was asked by a friend, a group from Pledis' manager, to come to Korea. He said that he had something big for me, and told me that I'd be helping out someone's love life as well," she blushed and smiled.
Jungkook nodded, "What group?"
"Oh it's a new one, you wouldn't know them, they're called Seventeen."
His eyes widened and he shot up, slamming his head against the so hard that he saw stars, and soon nothing but an empty void of black.

Issi watched as Jungkook slammed his head against the top of the bunk and saw him fall back down to the bed, now a lifeless spread of unconscious cuteness. She had cringed as the thump of his head hitting wood echoed through the room and likely into the rest of the apartment. Thundering footsteps sounded outside the room before Taehyung appeared, eyes laced with worry and fear, "Issi are you okay?"
She giggles, "I'm fine but I don't think kookie here is!"

Her smile. Her eyes. Her lips. Her hair. Her...everything. It's what he longs for, what he regrets letting go of. What he wishes he still had. He felt as though his hands weren't his own, his body...it didn't belong to him. He felt weightless, empty. This void he was in, was eating him alive. He gripped his short hair in his fists, screaming through his teeth. He hoped, he hoped that his love hadn't been taken. He hoped that he still had a chance. He hoped it wasn't too late.

Min-Ji lay in bed, staring up at the wood of the bunk she slept in, and grateful that she didn't have to go back to her smaller apartment far away from the comforts of her new friends. For a moment, she thought of Jungkook, and she thought of Issi. She thought of them sharing dinner, laughing together. And she thought of how Jungkook's feeling for her seemed to be slowing melting away into nothing.