Chapter 34

Current date of story, the 15th of December, a Wednesday.

Mrs Hong bows her head, "I am truly sorry. We were told you had...perished in that fire. I didn't believe them at first. I tried my best to find you, I really did. I've never given up but...I just couldn't keep hurting myself and my family."
She shakes her head, "It's okay, really. I was brought up well. And now we've found each other."
Mrs Hong smiles whole heartedly, "Would you like to meet you brother?"
"Of course, I'd love to."

-

Joshua slept until around three in the afternoon, he was woken by the rooms door sliding open. The doctor sauntered in and frowned at Joshua, "I thought I said to leave her be."
Joshua raised a finger to his lips, signalling the doctor to be quiet. He grumbled something and walked to the other side of the bed. He pulled out a syringe and pushed the liquid into her iv drip.
"What is it this time?" Joshua said in a hushed voice, motioning to the syringe the doctor was sliding into his pocket. "It's something to help with her nausea, now give her some space."
Joshua shook his head.
"I suppose i can't stop you. Call for me if anything happens, okay?"
"Ye, doctor."

-

Min-Ji (Lee Yi) held her mother's hand loosely as they strode through the hospital halls. They stopped at a nurses desk. Mrs Hong addressed one of the nurses, "What room is Hong Min-Ji in please?"
The nurse nods and scurries over to the nearest computer, "I'm sorry, it's only family at the moment."
Mrs Hong smiles kindly, "We're the in-laws."
"Oh, well if that's the case she's in room 305 two floors up."
The two nod a thank you and continue down the hall.
In the elevator, Min-Ji laughed a little, "are we going to visit me?"
Mrs Hong cackles, "Of course not dear, this is the young lady I was talking about, the one who stole your brothers heart."
"Oh, what happened to her?"
"Well the last i heard she hurt her ankle pretty badly  but I'm not sure what it's for this time."
Lee Yi runs a hand through her hair and sighs, "poor Jisoo." The elevator jolts to a stop and hand in hand, they walk out of the elevator and a few meters down the hall before arriving at room 305. Mrs Hong stares through the glass in the door and smiles faintly. She slides open the door. Joshua and Min-Ji are seated upright against the head of the pristine hospital bed, entwined in each others arms and smiles gleaming. Joshua looks up first and willingly smiles at his mother. "Eomma, I'm glad you came...," he trailed off upon seeing Lee Yi walk into the room. She bows her head a little, "It's nice to meet you both," she said with a charming smile. Joshua tried to say something, but nothing came out. Min-Ji looked at Lee Yi carefully, "so you're the sister, I'm Min-Ji, Eun if you like."
"Ye, I am. I take it you're the girlfriend?"
"Yes, I am."
Joshua looked at Min-Ji, and then to 'Min-Ji'. "You two..are exactly the same." His mind took him back to a moment that he had almost forgotten. That moment in the hospital when he thought that he had seen Min-Ji. He curses under his breath, "I don't understand this, not one bit of it."
Eun strokes his back. Joshua lets out a low laugh, "I feel like I'm dating my sister-no, that was tragic."
Eun settled her arm around his waist and pulled him into her, "Quick question, do you think you could tell the difference between us?"
"Ah...well. Give me a minute." Anxiously, Joshua took a good hard look at first his girlfriend, and then his sister. He did this over and over again. He realised that there was hardly any difference between them. He looked to Eun again. And his eyes widened. There was a small mole next to her mouth that he hadn't noticed before. He smiles and runs a finger over the mark. Then his face went dark. The mark was gone, and he had a small crumb on his thumb. He was so screwed. "Um...I'll be back," he said getting up from bed and sprinting to the nurses desk not to far from Eun's room. "I really need a hospital gown, please help me out!"
The nurse tilted her head to the side but went off to retrieve one. She returned moments later carrying a patterned white gown and handed it to him. "Thank you so much!" He hoped this would work. Once back in the room, he handed the gown to the actual Min-Ji, "Do you mind putting this on?"
"Ah, sure...," she dipped walked over to the other bed and pulled the curtain across.
"What are you planning exactly?"
"I needed an exact comparison, i want both of you to stand next to each other."
"You really can't tell, can you?"
He hangs his head, "No, no I can't"
Min-Ji pulls the curtain back. Joshua helps Eun up. He looks closely at the two next to each other. Now that they were wearing the same clothes and the same hairstyle...he should be able to find something. He hoped. For a few minutes there was silence. He studied them both carefully, noticing every detail in their faces and bodies. He smiles, "Your noses are shaped slightly differently and you face shape again is ever so slightly different. Turn around please." Reluctantly they both turned to face the window. He looked very carefully at their shoulders. "And Eun's soulder's are far more toned than Min-Ji's. Yes!!" he says, fist pumping the air in celebration.
"Hang on a moment," Eun interjects, "one more test," she grabs Min-Ji's arm and dragged her towards the other bed, wincing a little as she went. She pulled the curtain over. She whispers to her other half, "I'm going to walk out and get him to guess who I am, you cool with that?"
"Of course," she giggles.
Eun opens the curtain and walks out, trying her best to stay as upright as possible, "who am I?"
Joshua winks at her and walks over to her. His face is only inches from her own. She looks up at him, eyes sparkling. "Hey Eun."
"What? How'd you know?" she grumbles.
"One, your accent is a dead give away, two, no one else looks at me like that."
He earned a smile from her, she went on her tiptoes and places a kiss on his cheek.

Hey Guys!!
How did you find that chapter! I apologise with all the confusion with the names I know it's a bit hard to understand😅

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

On another note, this account is owned by one of my old friends (Josie) who allowed me to use her account to have a go at writing! (14th member Is my book) There used to be another story on here called 'Hidden Dreams' which she wrote. She has officially said that she is not going to be writing anymore so I will be taking over the account within the next few days so bear with me with changes to the account name (will probably be becoming rubybeyer (my real name)). I will also be changing the cover again (I know I'm indecisive as hell I apologise for this!!!). I have been using her account as my parents didn't want me to sign up to Wattpad, I have no idea why but anyway! I am not ending the book by any means. Thank you all so much for supporting me! And Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Thanks
Ruby💖💖