Chapter 49

Current Date of story, 23rd of December 2014, a Thursday

Eun unlocks the door to the dorm and steps inside. Snow falls from her coat while she bends to remove her shoes. Her jeans are soaked in melted ice, and her socks wet the floorboards as she walks into the kitchen. The members present in the room look up at her. Her eyes are a raging red colour, still wet with tears. Her face is coated in the same salty tears. She shrugs off her coat and lets it fall to the floor, the remaining snow scattering on the floor. In her hand she clutches the still unopened envelope. She doesn't look anyone in the eye as she turns towards the hallway. She clicks open her bedroom door and closes it behind her. The boys the the kitchen look around at each other, worry etched in each of their eyes. Seungcheol speaks first, "where's Joshua?" Vernon scratches his head, "I think he said he was going to...I'm not sure all he said was that he's going to set his mind straight?"

"We shouldn't go in there, should we?" Minghao murmurs. Jihoon shakes his head, "no, I don't think so." Jeonghan stands, "I'm going in, not to talk, just to sit." Jihoon opens his mouth to stop him but quickly shuts it tight, realising that if anyone currently in this dormitory can comfort her, it'd be the angel of the bunch.

Joshua stands in front of BigHit Entertainment, rugged in a furry coat, feet deep in snow. He sighs, breathing out hot air that mixes with cold and produces an icy mist. He takes a few steps forward and shakes his head back and forth, "What am I doing?" he mutters. He pushes open the door, letting it shut behind him as he moves further into the building. He stops at the front desk. What will he even say to get him in? He scratches his face out of anxiety. "Excuse me, can I please meet with Taehyung?" he asks. The receptionist looks up, "From BTS?" Joshua nods. "I can't really let you...but since you don't seem to be the crazed fan type..." she sighs, "I knock off in a minute, once I'm gone you're free to go and find him, should be in one of the rehearsal rooms. "Thank you," he replies. He turns on his heels and goes to sit down.

Jeonghan places his hand on the door knob. His heart beats softly in his chest, the rhythm mirrored through his temples and finger tips. He nudges the door open. His eyes widen at the sight that beholds him. Eun is sitting on the floor, leant up against the wall. Her neck is limp and bent at almost a ninety degree angle. Her arms are dropped at her sides and legs spread out away from the wall. Her skin is deathly pale, the warm yellow light failing to eradicate any ghost like shade of colour. He approaches he slowly, bending his knees to see her at eye level. Her eyes are closed losely, and her nose is scrunched, as if she's in pain. He move his eyes down to the floor, noticing the pooling puddle of water seeping out from under her. The back of his hand touches to her forehead. And sure enough, her skin is as hot as fire. He clicks his tongue, he can't get her into dry clothes. His mind goes empty for a second. He messes his hair and grabs her phone that lies next to her thigh. He unlocks it using her finger. In her contact list he scrolls until coming across a name. 'Issi'. He holds the phone and listens to the ringing tone. "Min-Ji? What's up?"

Jeonghan speaks into the phone, "It's Jeonghan, I need you over here now."

Issi arrives within fifteen minutes. She stumbled into Eun's shared room and drops to her knees, stroking her friends head gently. "I'll take care of her, stay out of the room for a while," she says. Jeonghan nods firmly, "I'll leave you to it," he exits the room. Issi turns back to Eun and pulls her heavy water soaked sweater over her head and throws it to the floor. Her small body shudders. Issi frowns, going to find warm and dry clothes. She rifles through the draws, pulling out a random long sleeved shirt and hoodie, probably not Eun's. Issi doesn't exactly feel comfortable changing someone else's clothes, but in this situation she had no choice. Issi calls out to Jeonghan to enters the room once more. He lifts her into her bed and pulls the covers over her shivering body. "A couple of the boys have gone to by medicine. Thanks for coming by the way, sorry to interrupt."

"Don't worry, I was only at the dorm. Do you know where Joshua is?"

"We don't, no."

Issi sighs, "Okay. I better head back. If you need anything, please call. And text in the morning to let me know how she's doing."

"Of course, thanks again," he bows slightly. Issi leaves, stranding Jeonghan. He place his hands on his hips. Out of the corner of his eyes he spies an envelope lying on the floor, the same one Eun had clutched in her hand earlier. He goes to pick it up and read the name on its front. 'Eun Rhee'. Out of pure curiosity as to what had done this to Eun, her breaks the seal on the envelope and folds out the piece of paper inside.

Dear Eun,

Let me tell you a tale of love, and sorrow. A woman, black haired like your own. She fell in love with a man, and that man with her. They lived happily with each other and married after two years. The man loved her intensely, too much even. She became pregnant with their child, the married couple were celebrating. Eight and a half months later the couple began quarreling, over trivial things. However it was enough to create a rift between them, a rift so deep that the man became enraged. On the night of their child's birth, his anger took control of his body. The child left an orphan, abandoned by her father and given away by her mother's family. The woman had been killed that day.

The woman is your mother.

And that man, is me, your father.

Han Seong-su

The letter falls from Jeonghan's hands and lands on the floor with a gentle crackle. He stares down at the piece of paper, wondering if the little girl was Min-Ji - Eun. Or if the letter had came into her possession by mistake. But that name...Han Seong-su...it's the name of Pledis' CEO, he realises. He scrambles to shove the letter back into its pouch and places it on the table beside her bed, face down. Jihoon steps into the room and produces a brown coloured bottle. "The pharmacist said this'll bring her temperature down," he says, throwing the bottle to Jeonghan. He leans down and shakes her shoulder a little. "Min-Ji? You need to have some of this." She opens her eyes a little and nods weakly, shutting her eyelids as if to avoid straining herself. He pours liquid into the cup and pushes it to her lips, slowly pouring the medicine from the cup into her mouth.

Joshua stands from the uncomfortable chair, strolling past the desk that had been vacated a couple minutes ago. He walks down a hallway, peering into each room he passes. He sticks his head into one room and spies Taehyung, sitting on the floor, legs crossed and arms put backwards to support his weight. Joshua opens the door more and enters the room. Taehyung turns his head to the side and eyes Josh up and down. Joshua moves closer and joins him in the floor. "Taehyung right?"

He nods shyly.

Joshua looks him in the eye. "I'm Min-Ji's boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? She was with me only a less than a week ago..."

"Yes, I know. That's what I came to discuss. Do you mind having a chat?" Josh asks. Taehyung stares at him for a few seconds, "sure."

Joshua folds his hands together. "I want to know what was happening to make her see you."

"Min-Ji doesn't need to have a problem to see me, she's a close friend."

"You've heard the rumours?" Joshua inclines.

He sits up straight, better exposing his young and youthful features. "About her dating Jungkook and I? Yes, but Jungkook had already ended things with her when we went out for coffee. And we're not...dating. Although she is beautiful, inside and out. I've liked her since she started at BigHit. She did act like she liked me though...I guess not," he looks down at the wooden floor.

"Is Jungkook here?"

"Yeah I think he-"

"Yeah I'm here," Jungkook saunters on into the rehearsal room. "Who are you?" he asks Josh.

"Don't worry about that. On what day did you end things with Min-Ji?"

"Why should I-"

"What day?" Joshua says, using a harsh tone.

"November 28," he mutters.

Joshua scrunches his eyebrows, knowing full well what had sparked between him and Eun prior to the 28th.