Chapter 41

Current Date of Story: 20th of December, a Monday

T.P.V

Jungkook lay in bed, staring into nothing. He knew that introducing a female member was a...He didn't even want to think it. Issi deserved every chance to debut, but he wasn't sure she belonged with them. They were an all male group, and they were popular. God knows what their fans would think. The company was taking a big risk, Jungkook knew that. There was a reason behind it, though. That, he didn't know. He had to admit that he took a liking to Issi and her naturally chirpy attitude. And although he valued her presence, the boys and him were close, extremely close. There's no telling what, in the long run, a new addition to that group would do. Would it tear them apart? Bring the closer? He god damn hope it didn't affect anything. Every single night he lays awake thinking about something he shouldn't trouble himself over. Obviously Issi was here for a reason. And he just needed to accept that, and embrace what he didn't know. He needed to let Issi be who Issi was. But most importantly, he needed to be true to himself and what he was feeling.

Min-Ji was very much on the edge of her seat. Joshua had left a couple hours ago, saying coups was breathing down his neck for being constantly missing or nowhere to be seen. She didn't blame their leader, their debut was just around the corner, they didn't have time to faff around. Just a half hour ago Jonathan had informed Min-Ji that the boys wanted her in the studio tomorrow. He didn't tell her why, and Joshua hadn't hinted anything before he left. She wandered into her room and brought back out an assortment of wrapping paper, ribbons and stickers ready to wrap the assortment of presents already spread on the dining table. She also pulled out a homemade card she had prepared in her spare time which she seemed to have an abundance of. She smiled as she towered over the table, admiring her had picked gifts that were soon to be wrapped and hidden away before Christmas day arrived. She pulled the guitar pick out of her purse. She rolled a piece of sticky tape to create makeshift double - sided tape, attached the pick to one side and placed it inside the card which wrote,

Dear Joshie,

Happy Birthday my marshmallow!

My life has been tough, harder than I can describe.

You've pulled me out of that dark and deep hole I dug myself into

Because of you, I'm a better person. I can relax and know that everything will turn out fine. Because of you, I can smile, and laugh, and love. You're the only one I need, the only one i'll ever need. I love you, more than you know.

Love Min

She held the card to her heart. Warmth spread like wildfire through her chest and entire body. She knew she was in love, and she knew she wouldn't ever regret giving herself to the man who stole her ice cold heart. She slid the card into an envelope and deposited into the desk drawer for safe keeping. Her hands made her way to her hips as she looked towards the pile of presents. She had a lot work ahead of her, and boy was she ready for it.

Joshua sat against the wall of the studio, guitar propped in between his crossed legs. He strummed the strings gently, filling the room with a soft and soothing tune. Woozi, who was scribbling down lyrics and whatever else popped into his head, hummed the tune. And soon, every other member present joined as well. It was harmony, they were perfectly in sink, in tune, even though the tune was unfamiliar. The connection they shared was one of a kind. Even though she did not share the DNA or the same blood, they were the definition of sameness. Although they appeared different, and although they carry themselves differently, they were the same. It was moments like this that each of them held so dear. It was in these times that all of them felt at home, the time when warmth filled them and emotions flooded them. After another minute Joshua stopped strumming, and they all stopped humming. "Why did you call Min-Ji in for tomorrow's training?" Joshua asked.

Jun jumped without using his hands, as per usual. "Jihoon said something about the choreo."

"Oh?" he raised an eyebrow.

Woozi puts his pencil and paper aside, "Every song needs a point of impact, something to make it different from other songs. I think I found it," he waved over DK and coups. Woozi stood and walked to the center of the studio. Jihoon sung a lyric, "Now let me call you. You are my - " Coups hoisted DK up in the air and Woozi sung, "Angel!"

Woozi smiled while everyone applauded. Joshua asks, "So you want Min-Ji to be in DK's place?"

He nods.

"I like it," Joshua responds.

For the next few hours Hoshi spitballed and exchanged ideas with the group about movements and choreography. It wasn't easy, choosing the style of dance. As they say, first impressions are everything. They needed to stand out.

In a world of hatred and prejudice, music is its medicine. Music makes the world one.

Hey Guys!

Sorry this chapter is a little short, I just really needed to push something out fast! In italics above is the first of many whimsical quotes that will be at the end of every chapter as a kind of extension to MIn-Ji's 'blog' thing. I did not want to steal DK's part 'away from him' but I felt this would be a cute detail to add to Min-ji's role in the group! And also, I don't know who came up with what ideas so if i mess something up I'm so sorry! (feel free to let me know in the comments or you can shoot me a message!) We're getting so close to 4k reads it feels surreal!

Thank you all so much,

Ruby