Chapter 31

Current Date of Story, 5th of December, a Saturday

Min-Ji stared straight ahead at the TV but wasn't registering any of the words or music that flowed into her ears. Joshua had an arm draped over her shoulder, the others sitting next to and around them not taking the gesture to heart. Breakfast was a simple meal of toast, the group went through two loaves and one and a half four litre bottles of irresistible orange juice. It was now ten in the morning, the chill of winter was creeping up on them as they lounged, some were wrapped in blankets, while others curled into balls. Joshua tapped her on the shoulder, bringing her out of her daze. "It's time to get going," he whispered. She nodded and grabbed her crutches from the floor.

Jonathan waited patiently by the car, his tight fitting suit crisp and clean, a true compliment to his unique figure. His blonde her raced around his head in the ghastly wind. Joshua and Min-Ji approach, side by side. Joshua dips his head at their manager who smiles slightly, opening the passenger seat for Min-Ji. She smiles in thanks and slides inside, nodding a thanks to Joshua. The door slams behind her. Jonathan mutters something to Joshua that Min-Ji didn't hear and goes to join Min-ji in the car. Joshua's facial expression speaks words to her. He looks hurt, mistreated. She frowns at him as the car pulls out onto the road.

Current Date of Story, 9th of December, a Thursday

(Approx. Four days later)

Min-Ji's hands find their way to her hair as she pants and struggles to find her breath. Kim Han-Jui, her trainer, places a hand on top of her head, "you did well today, I'll see you again tomorrow then," and just like that, he left. She sat for a few more moments. Her mind keeled over, for the past four days she has been doing the same thing, over and over again. Han-Jui ordered she do exercise after exercise. The pain she endured was more than she could bare, and the exertion she felt day after day looked over her head in constant waves of nausea. She hadn't realized the effort that was required to 'heal' her ankle. One week of work and her ankle was still recovering, still aches whenever she put weight on it. She sat back in the cold, somehow dated plastic chair, sniffing as her looming cold clouded her thoughts. She sighs and grabs her crutches, making to return to her room. As she passed through the hallways she nodded her head and greeting many people that passed her. In the short time she'd been here she's met quite a few people, all her for here own reasons. Many for injuries related to sport, but a few she'd met were victims of tragic accidents that made her shudder. She hadn't seen or talked to anyone outside of this large complex apart from Jonathan, who had previously asked her not to contact anyone. She wondered if he had told the boys the same thing. In the four days she hadn't received a single message from anyone, not even Joshua. It made her wonder if that was why Joshua had looked to glum. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared out beyond the glass into the beautiful, lush green garden. She approached the glass and carefully looked at every single detail in front of her. The smudged glass, the long but not too long grass, and what piqued her interest the most, the flowers. The waves of rainbow that coated the grassy area made her smile and her eyes sparkle. Flowers have always been close to her heart. They seemed to make her happy, no matter the situation she was in, she'd always take the time to appreciate their fine and delicate beauty. A young boy and a middle aged women, who Min-Ji guessed to be the boys mother, ran out into the field before her. They were laughing and enjoying themselves...however the mother's skin was pale as snow, her hair appeared to be singed and half her face was...melted? As much as the boy was trying, or seemed to be, the mothers eyes showed sadness and plain emptiness. Min-Ji frowned and continued on down the hallway.

At her door she found Jonathan, all rugged up and leaning against the wall. "Evening, flower," he cooed. She dipped her head towards him and opened the door. Min-Ji plopped down onto the couch.