Chapter 35

Current date of story, the 15th of December, a Wednesday

Eun and Min-Ji now sat alone in room 305, both wrapped in furry blankets they found in one of the cupboards at the foot of the bed. Joshua and his mother had left a little while ago to goodness knows where. Eun leaned forward. "Would you mind terribly telling me what happened to you?"
Min-Ji scratches the back of her head, "I suppose it couldn't hurt. But first...could you tell me what's going on between you and Jisoo?"
"Mm okay but I'm not going first."
Min-Ji met out a low laugh, "I don't remember all too much from when I was a baby, but I'll tell you what I've been told. All four of us were having dinner at a friends apartment who had recently moved. A fire started in the building, we weren't aware of the fact at the time, the alarm went off in the building and the guests scrambled to the front door. They had left me in the bedroom asleep, unaware of the situation. The owner of the apartment came back to get me but was knocked to the floor by a falling beam and dropped me. That's when the man who did save me, ran into the room and picked me up. The owner begged the man to take me and leave him. I don't know what became of the owner but I can assume that he died in that fire. I can't imagine the grief his wife must have felt. The man who saved me couldn't find my parents. And the police put out flyers and contacted whoever they could. In the end I was given to an orphanage," she lowered her head, "I spent years there alone, with no friends it family. Then I was adopted. My adopted parents treated me...not all too well," she grabs Eun's hand, "I lied to my real mother today, I told her that I was brought up well. I really wasn't. I was in pain most of my life. As soon as I turned eighteen I left them. I had worked hard at my job and had enough to rent a small place. I know my story seems like your typical sob story but...it really did happen. And now that I've found my real family, I want to forget my previous life, and I don't want them knowing about it either, I can trust you, can't I?"
Eun nods, "of course you can," she says smiling from ear to ear.

-

Joshua sat across from his mother, frowning ever so slightly.
"What's wrong," she asks.
He scoffs, "are you sure she's the one this time?"
"Beg your pardon?"
"Are you certain that this is the real Min-Ji?"
Mrs Hong takes her sons hand, "I know you're angry, I would be too, but this time I know I'm right. Please accept her. Please help her with anything you can. Your father and I are leaving tomorrow, we've already stayed longer than we intended."
"You're leaving at a time like this?"
"Yes, I know it's sudden but our plane ticket—"
"I know, it's fine. I'm just sad that I didn't get to spend much time with you both."
"Me as well. I'll come and visit again. Can you promise me two things?"
"Of course," he says, grilling her hand tighter.
"Please look after your girlfriend, and watch over Min-Ji, I have a feeling she needs it."
"I will do my best. And I'm sorry, I don't want to be angry, I just am."
"It's okay, just don't forget about what is most important to you."
"Never."

-

Eun sighed, "I guess it's my turn then?"
Min-Ji nods, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Originally I was dating a guy named Jungkook—"
"From BTS?"
"Ah, yes that's right. We loved each other so much. I hurt my ankle and Joshua took me to the hospital, there we kissed, i didn't think twice, didn't worry about what Jungkook would think. I found out that I'd be joining Jisoo's group. Jungkook broke up with me later that night because he was worried about his fans hurting me. In my opinion, he did it simply because he couldn't handle the pressure and didn't want to worry about me all the time. I guess that's when I realised that Joshua was a better choice. However, I found out from Jisoo's mother that we were siblings. It hurt me much. The worst part was that he knew, had the sinking suspicion, and didn't tell me, " she paused for brief moment, "I later realised that I was being stupid. Even if he was or wasn't my brother, I could still be his friend. A whole lot happened since then, and I discovered that we weren't actually siblings. We mended our relationship. And now we're here."
"Do you love him?"
"Huh?"
"I said do you love him?"
Eun scratches the back of her head, "Ah...well, yes, I do love him."
"I thought so," she says, smiling.

-

Joshua lay next to Eun, his arms tightly wrapped around her. She shifts her head so that her eyes are level to his own. "I still owe you dinner."
"Huh? For what?"
"I was thinking about it, and when you helped me with my audition song, you said i could thank you with dinner."
He wipes his forehead as if he was sweating, "Ah...that. Well since we're...dating now, I should be the one to pay. So don't worry about it," he said, expecting her to insist on paying for dinner.
"Okay, if you insist."
"You-nevermind."
"Although, a promise is a promise. So I'm going to have to this time around," replies, patting his chest.
Joshua strokes her head, "Okay. I really do have to get going now."
"Can't you stay for a little bit longer?"
"I would if I could. I might come back later tonight though."
"Okay, get back safe."
"I will." He kisses her lightly on the lips before unwrapping himself from her. He approaches the door but turns around, "I love you."
Min-Ji stared for a few seconds in contemplation. Her cheeks turn rosy, "I love you too."

Hey guys!!!!
First off I'd just like to say that this chapter absolutely sucks! However on a side note happy birthday to Joshua and Tae!!
Thanks as always,
Ruby💖💖