Chapter 9

Current date of story: 29th of November 2014, a Saturday.

T.P.V

Min-Ji carefully made her way downstairs, using the wall to keep her body upright. Outside there were workmen shoveling dirt and pouring concrete. The few trees were at the mercy of the strong wind currents, swaying back and forth with great speed. The gravel crunched underneath her feet as she limped towards the taxi she called minutes earlier. The pleasant greenery surrounding the vehicle made her smile. The taxi driver assisted her out of the car and up to the chemist. Inside she purchased some dodgy looking crutches, wondering if they would snap under her light weight. Using the crutches, she made her way back to the taxi and slid inside with ease. Min-Ji wondered whether or not she would be received well by the rest of the members, and exactly how many of them there were. Typically, a normal sized group would be around 5 - 7 people, despite this she still didn't know what to expect. The one thing she feared the most was sharing a room with any one of them. She might even find sharing one with Joshua to be a little awkward. In her current situation, moving in would be a bit difficult anyway. Never in a million years would she ever imagine that she'd be joining a boy group. Even so becoming an idol meant the world to her and still there were so many more hardships to follow. Her mind wandered to Joshua and his complexion. His smooth skin and perfect eyes. She touched her hand to her cheek and sighed. She closed her eyes.

Joshua was seated on the couch staring at two messages. One from his mother, one from Min-JI. He scanned his eyes over both.

2 new messages

From: Mother

To: You

I'll see you at 10 00 sharp.

From: Min-Ji

To: You

Heyyyy,

I'm coming round to the dorm at around 10:00. And can you believe that I'm getting the surgery today? I'm freaking out here! Anyway, see you at 10.

Joshua rubbed his face, "They're both coming at the same time, God...what to do."

Jeonghan jumps over the back of the couch, landing right next to Joshua, making him jump.

"Who's coming at the same time?"

"Oh uh Min-Ji's coming to visit, as well as my mum."

"That's tough...can't you get one of the to come at a different time?"

"No not really, Mother won't be happy and Min-Ji's probably already on her way here."

"What time were they coming again?"

"10 o'clock."

"That's in ten minutes! Hurry up dude! We have to get this place tidy!"

"I thought that it was-, "Joshua cut himself off when he looked around the room. Scattered across the floor were socks and items of clothing, all of which were dirty. The kitchen was a complete mess, plates, bowels, glasses and cutlery were stacked high in the sink, plagued with food scraps and slimy brown substances. Joshua cringed at the sight. Jeonghan runs down the hallway and reappears moments later carrying a basket.

"Chuck all the clothes in here, I'll get the others." He throws the basket over to Joshua and sprints back down the hall. Joshua drops the basket onto the floor and starts running around the room, throwing each article of clothing into the basket. Wonwoo and Mingyu come thumping down the hallway and into the kitchen. Mingyu slips on the floorboards and lands flat on his butt. Wonwoo laughs hysterically and points a finger towards his friend now splayed on the ground. Joshua chuckles as he walks down the hallway, basket in hand. He opens the second door on the left and chucks the basket inside. He walks back into the kitchen to see Mingyu and Wonwoo scrubbing dishes as if they're life depended on it. Minghao strolled in and laughed softly along with Joshua. The doorbell rang and sounded through the dorm that was now completely silent. Minghao scurried back down the corridor. S.coups appeared and jogged up to the door. He breathed in heavily before turning the door handle to reveal Min-Ji, crutches and all. She smiled wryly at the leader. S.coups ushered her inside, smiling from ear to ear. Joshua's face lit up upon seeing Min-Ji's soft face. She stares curiously at the two boys standing over the sink, both covered in suds. She gasps and steps backwards into Joshua's chest.