Chapter 16

Current date of story: 30th of November 2014, a Saturday

Hoshi claps his hands together excitedly, "Great!"
Min-Ji nods her head along, secretly wondering how she's going to get changed. Previously the nurses at the hospital had helped her but here there was no one to help her. She supposed that she'd just have to wiggle her way into her clothes while seated on the bed. Joshua, somehow sensing her worry, placed a hand on her back and whispered in her ear, "are you okay to get changed by yourself?"
Feeling the heat rush to her face, Min-Ji turned away from Josh and replied with a squeak, "Ye." Joshua shrugs and wonders of to collect Min-Ji's bag. Min-Ji slaps her cheek and shakes her head back and forth in attempt to maintain any amount of normalcy possible. Jeonghan taps on her shoulder and grins mischievously, "What'd you guys do in there?"
She coughed, "What do you mean?"
"Well Hoshi seems to think that you were making ou-"
"No! We weren't!" Her voice came out louder than expected, causing both her and Hoshi to jump.
Jeonghan puts his hands up in defence, "No need to shout, I was just wondering."
Joshua strolls back down the hallway, bag in hand. He throws it into the room and motions for Min-Ji to walk back inside, "I'll wait outside, yell if you need a hand."
She smiles at the three boys and enters the room, the door closing shut behind her. She examines the room properly, noticing the two tall sets of bunkbeds and the one single bed left on its own where Joshua and herself had sat minutes ago. There was a plainness to the room, only a couple of posters adorned the crisp white walls. The tiny window in the room looked out to the eerie street below. She sighed and dropped her crutches to bend down and unzip her bag. She pulled out a pair of pyjama shorts and a t-shirt that read 'cookie monster'. She frowned, remembering Jungkook's goofy smile and defined features. She pulls her dress over her head, t-shirt along with it. The shirt comes on easy and surprisingly, the shorts slipped right over her bulky cast. She stands and grabs her crutches again. There's a knock on the door and Joshua's muffled voice sounds from the hallway, "Are you finished yet?"
She takes a moment to smooth out her shorts and calls back, "Yes, you can come in."
Josh pushes the door open and makes his way over to Min-Ji. He pulls her crutches out from under her arms and sweeps her off her feet with ease. Min-Ji doesn't argue and rests her head against his chest. Joshua places his forehead on her own, a smile appearing on his face. He carries her out into the main living space and places her on the couch. The L-shaped lounge provided a place for her legs to rest comfortably. S. coups orders everyone to gather around the couch, Joshua plops himself down next to Min-Ji, he leans into her shoulder causing her to blush uncontrollably.
"Eat in or Eat out?" What seemed like a simple question caused the group sing (more like scream) a chorus of protests. Min-Ji tilted her head in confusion before concluding that this kind of situation happens often.
Jeonghan jumps onto the couch and cups his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice, "Yah! Everyone needs to quiet down...you're scaring Min-Ji. Now everyone go to Joshua's side of the couch if you want to eat in, and everyone else over here with me. Go!"
Min-Ji spies Minghao who takes a second longer before walking over to Jeonghan. Min-Ji smiles and claps inside her head. Joshua remains next to Min-Ji, Mingyu stands beside her. Min-Ji sighed, 3 to 11. Joshua addresses the group, "Mingyu, Min-Ji and myself will stay home, you guys can go out."
S.coups sits down, "you sure? There's nothing but ramen cups here."
"Yeah we'll be fine, go ahead."
"Okay, everyone out the door in two minutes!"

Min-Ji P.O.V

After the boys filed out of the dorm Joshua pulled himself away from me and sauntered up to the kitchen.
"You like ramen right?"
I was never huge fan of instants ramen but I have to admit that it's not the worst thing in the world. "Yeah," is all I respond with. I watched him carefully as he poured water into the kettle an set it back on its stand to boil. He places his hands on top of the counter and looks down in thought. Mingyu strolls back into the living room and sits down about a meter away from me. I don't know why but he seems to make me anxious. He claimed that he had no intention of hurting me...but I can still remember that look he had on his face, however the anger I had felt isn't just a memory, it's very real and I can still feel it. I know that I can't keep hating him forever, eventually that anger I feel is going to get in the way of the group. Mingyu is just another one of those things that I'm going to have to get over. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I have to. I bite my lip and turn to Mingyu who is reading a comic, "Whatcha reading?"
His eyes search mine, he looked shocked, hurt even? Rosy red circles adorned his cheeks as he spoke, "Nothing much...you want to watch some TV?" He doesn't wait for an answer, he reaches forward and grasps the remote control. He flicks through several channels before I hear Joshua call out from the kitchen, "Put adventure time on!"
I glance back at Joshua in question, "What's that?"
His mouth opens wide and he gave me a look that was questioning me on how the hell I didn't know. He jogs over to the TV and sticks a disc into the DVD player. "It's an English cartoon, you're going to love it!" He dashes back over to the kitchen while I turn my attention to the TV. I watch the opening credits carefully, giggling at the sight of its pure rawness and lovability. Joshua places a bowel of ramen on my lap and I smile up at him. He sits down in between Mingyu and myself. We continue watching the cartoon for about an hour. I have to say that despite its profound cheesiness...I kind of enjoyed it...well okay maybe I absolutely loved it! Joshua had gotten up a few second ago but to where I don't know. Mingyu turned to me and slid across the couch so that our thighs were touching.

Mingyu P.O.V

I looked over at Min-Ji to see her smiling. Her smile is just beautiful, its full of wonder and light. I feel my cheeks grow warmer and warmer. If I don't do something now...Joshua will surely take her for himself. She knows me as the shy and cute boy, well I should hope so. But that's not who I am, I know it isn't. I move along the couch to sit directly next to her. I look into her eyes for a few moments before swinging my arm around her to rest of the lip of the couch. I leant my face down even further until we were merely centimetres apart. She placed her hands just above my chest and pushed as hard as she could. Weakling.

Joshua P.O.V

I walked back into the living room, pills in hand. Anger and rage built up inside of me as I caught Mingyu pushes his lips onto Min-Ji's. I ran over to him and shoved him side-ways onto the floor. He landed in between the couch and coffee table with a thud. I jumped over the side of the couch and wrapped my arms around Min-Ji. Her eyes were filled with terror and anguish. Mingyu stands, rubbing the back of his head, "what was that for?"
"For kissing my girlfriend," I say firmly.
His eyes widen, "Your what?"
Min-Ji is still shaking violently. I tighten my grip on her. I gave him a look that sent him running through the front door. I muttered to Min-Ji, "Gwaenchanh-a?"
She shakes her head. I sigh and stroke her head gently. Feet clap of the wooden floor. The rest of the boys saunter into the living room with smiles plastered on their faces. I glance over at them and shake my head. I lift Min-Ji and carry her over to he bedroom. I lie her on my bed and pull the covers over her small frame.

Hey everyone!
I know this chapter is boring but I cross my heart that there's something happening next chapter! I honestly can't see Mingyu doing any of this but I decided to just do it! If this chapter raises any alarm bells I'd be happy to get rid of it!
Thanks!
Josie💖💖