Chapter 3

Current date of story: 2014, November 27th, a Thursday

Todays the last day I have to polish my performances so I better make it worth it. I run through the dance I came up with at least ten to fifteen times before I'm sure that I've got it down. And then I follow on by singing and rapping the song five times. I've managed to memorise each instruments bars, I don't know how but I have.
I slump down onto the couch and sigh. Joshua should be here soon. But for now, I think I'm going to rest a bit. My eyelids are heavy so they close on their own accord. 

Im woken by someone poking my forehead.

"Yah! I was sleeping!"

"Sorry...you left your door unlocked so I let myself in."

I look up and see Joshua looking at me. I lurch forward. "O-oh. Qwaenchanh-a."

"You must be tired if you fell asleep on the couch...should I come back another day?"

Argh he's such a gentleman! "No, no, I'm fine. I've just been dancing and singing since I got up," I yawn.

"You know you should really make sure that you lock your door. I thought someone broke in or something. And you shouldn't work yourself to hard."

My cheeks warm up at the comment.

"I have to work hard if I want to pass my audition on Friday."

"Audition?"

"Ye, a talent scout from Pledis Entertainment overheard me playing piano and asked me to show him what else I can do. So I did, and he and the CEO offered me an audition."

"Wow that's great! I'm sure you'll do well! I know you've recorded it but maybe you could sing it for me with the backing?"

"Ah...I suppose I could," I stand from the couch and usher Joshua into the recording room.

"Do you live here by yourself?"

"Ne."

"Huh, normally you'd be rooming with other trainees right?"

"Yeah but right now there's no other female trainees that haven't already been put in groups."

"That is odd, anyway, take it away!"

I nod and set up the equipment. I walk behind the glass and slide the headphone over my ears. I nod at Joshua and he hits play. I start to sing.

Woah~ oh~
Every night, I look up to the sky

I become lost in the songs lyrics. I'm pouring my heart and soul into this performance. I rap with energy. I sing with energy. I hum and scream with energy.

The song finishes and I smile. I really have to pass this audition now! I can see Joshua clapping and cheering on the other side of the glass. I skip happily over to him. He throws his arms around me and spins me around.

"Ah s-sorry!" He lets me go and scratches the back of his head.
"That was absolutely  amazing! You really wrote that?"

"Ne."

"And composed it as well?"

"Ne."

"You're amazing Min-ji! Hey! I have an idea! What about we do a duet?"

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course."

Argh he's just to handsome! We sit down at the table and divide up lines. Joshua takes ten minutes to familiarise himself with the lyrics.

We step behind the glass and next to the microphone. We look over at each other and nod. Joshua shouts in my ear, "Lets go!"

The music plays and I ready myself.