Chapter 27

This is a bit of a short one but I hope you enjoy none the less!

Current date of story: 4th of December, a Thursday

T.P.V

Joshua sat in the back of a cab, the not quite leather seat's coldness seeping through his thin jeans. He sat there, tapping four fingers on the seat next to him. The cab driver had asked no questions when Joshua told the ragged looking man the address. He simply put his foot on the gas and sped out onto the road.

The driver had taken one glance at Joshua and knew just who he was. His daughter told him time and time again about this new group, Seventeen if he remembered correctly. She seemed to love them. He wanted so badly to get the young man's autograph for her. The man spoke to Joshua, "you're from Seventeen, aren't you?"

Joshua stuttered, "A-ah, ye, I am."

"My daughter loves all of you. Could I trouble you for an autograph?"

"Oh...of course."

The driver smiled graciously, knowing that his daughter would be more than happy with his efforts. Joshua riffled around in his pack for his notebook. He rips out a piece of blank paper and scribes his name on it, smiling as he did. It was his first time using his signature for something other than signing contracts or other documents, and it made his heart flutter. And it made him happy knowing that this man's daughter would be happy because of it. He lent over the centre console and placed the piece of paper next to the driver who kept his eyes trained on the road but nodded his head and smiled from ear to ear saying, "thank you very much!"

Min-Ji lay on her surprisingly comfortable, temporary bed. She closed her eyes as if to gain a moments relief, her mind drifted to one horrifying memory.

Eun had her small ear pressed up against the ornate wooden door, trying her hardest to understand what was being said in the next room.

"I'm sorry, I really am. It will be a struggle, but please take her."

"I don't want a child that doesn't want me. Did you see the hate in her eyes? I want a child that is much like my own."

"Mrs Hong please reconsider-"

"I can't take her, as much as I want to. My child died in a fiery wreck, however I do think this to be so, I wanted to find her look alike, and it seems I have, but I will not take her. She isn't like Min-Ji at all, I refuse to believe otherwise."

"But her father-"

"Abandoned her, yes ,I know. My sympathy goes out to the girl, but I can't do anything for her, as much as I want to help her, I'm sorry."

Footsteps approached the door and Eun Rhee turned, running down the hall as fast as her little legs could carry her.

Her eyes open and she shoots up into attention as a thundering noise rang through the small apartment. She quickly headed out of her room, making for the door and flattening her hair as she went. She opened the door just a crack and was greeted by Josh who holds up a bag and sways it from side to side. She throws him a beaming smile and opens the door the rest of the way. They saunter on into the kitchen, Joshua rifling through numerous cupboards and draws before placing two bowels and two sets of chopsticks on the small round table in the centre of the room. Out of the bag, he pulls out and presents a plastic container filled with Jjajangmyeon. Min-Ji smiles a devils grin and claps her hands together. Joshua smiles wryly. He scrapes half into one bowel and half into the other. He sits down, opposite Min-Ji. "May I call you Eun Rhee?" he says in a soft tone.

She nods, "Eun is fine," she shoves a few noodles into her mouth and smiles in approval.

Joshua watches her face carefully for a few moments, "Eun?"

"Mm?" she manages to get out between mouthfuls.

He reaches across the table and pulls her bowel away, she grunts in disgust. He laughs, "can I ask you something?"

"Will I get my food back?"

"Sure," he grins.

She nods her head slowly, "go ahead."

"Do you remember any of last night?"

Min-Ji frowns a little, "now that I think about..." she looks over at the noodles, to Joshua, and then to a bottle of soju resting on the kitchen bench. Her eyes widen as she recalls. "You need to man up and ask me out." "tomorrow. When you're sober." She covers her mouth with both hands and yelps.

"I assume you remember now?"

Another nod.

Joshua stands and walks up to her.

"You said that I could have my noodles back why-"

"Be my girlfriend."