Chapter 13

Current date of story: 30th of November 2014, a Saturday

Min-Ji P.O.V

My heart raced as I heard those words escape the angels mouth, "Didn't even need to...he's already here." Jeonghan smirked a smirk almost identical to the one that landed her in hospital. He walks up to the door and slides it open a few inches, "Good luck I guess," he flashes one last smile before sliding the door closed with a thud. I twiddled my thumbs unnervingly. Why am I wanting this? Our relationship...I wouldn't exactly call it 'normal' by any stretch. Anything I say to him is sure to turn out either being exactly the opposite of what I wanted to say or something that I was desperate to keep to myself. I look to the bulge under the sheets and smile half-halfheartedly. I thought I was ready to face him, I honestly did, but it seems like I've changed my mind in a matter of seconds. I hang my legs over the side of the bed and stretch my arms out to reach the crutches resting against the wall. After missing several times my fingers brush the cool metal and cause the two sturdy sticks to fall on my knee. I yank out the IV once again and hobble over to the door. As fast as I could I made my way down the hallway. The muscles in my arms screamed the whole time. I've always lacked upper body strength. I groaned, "Why did I never get into push-ups?" I reach the elevator and frown at the sign plastered on its shiny doors, "Out of order."

"This is a hospital! Why don't they have a working elevator?" My arms are trembling. There's no way I could make it down the stairs with the strength I have left. I stare at the door leading to the stairwell. If I want to avoid Joshua...I'll have to be quick, and hope that he took another staircase. I make my way down the first flight of stairs and pause to take a break. I breath in sharp breath and go to place my left crutch onto another step. The rubber material slips on the marble like stairs, I feel my body fall backwards and my head slams onto the ground. Screams erupt from my mouth as my vision begins to blur. A face appears in front of my own. I can barely make out the features of the persons face before everything goes black.

-

A little girl skips down the hallway, she wore bright pink slacks and an patterned aqua tee. She approached a lady cladded in a crisp black suit.

The lady crouched down, "Eun?"

The girl chuckled, "Yes?"

"I've got someone here to see you."

Eun squirmed in anticipation, "Who?" She jumped up and down excitedly.

"Here," the lady held out her hand, "come with me."

Hand in hand they walked into a room painted a cheerful yellow. Inside a woman sat on a tacky burgundy armchair. Eun skipped over to her and smiled, "Who are you?"

The woman smiled back at Eun and said, "Eun, I'm going to be your mum."

Eun's smile turned grey and she stepped backwards, "No...I don't have a mum. I don't want one..."

"Well of course you do! I'm here to help you."

"I don't need help! I don't want a mum!" Tears ran down Eun's face and she ran from the room.

-

T.P.V

Joshua took his time walking up the stairs, mulling over what he was even doing here. He heard a deafening scream. He sprinted up the stairs, and to his horror he saw Min-Ji sprawled over the staircase. He loomed over her and shook her shoulders back and forth. She half-smiled before her eyes closed fully.

-

Min-Ji lurched forward. Joshua rested an arm on her shoulder and eased her back down onto the bed. She stared at Joshua and muttered, "sorry...I don't know what I was thinking."

He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in, "it's okay, I understand. "

"Has anyone ever told you what a gentleman you are?"

He shook his head in response.

"I'm surprised...You really are."

He leans forward and rests his elbows on his knees, "I know this is a weighted topic but at this point it needs to be dealt with," Joshua sighs, "I don't know what to tell you, I swear that I've never had a sister or a sibling. At least not one that I can remember. Maybe my mums gone completely crazy, I wouldn't know. And as bad as it sounds, I don't want you to be my sister. I really don't."

Min-Ji reaches out and grabs his hand, "I don't want you to be my brother."

-

Mrs Hong pushes open the door leading to family records. She approaches the reception desk and knocks on it.

"Yes?"

"I have an appointment with Ms Park."

"First door on your right," the lady points to the hallway on her left side.

Mrs Hong walks into the office and takes a seat opposite Ms Park.

Ms Park looks up from her computer, "awfully eager, aren't you?"

"I'm a busy lady, you should know that."

She dips her head, "That I do. So your here about...Hong Min-ji aren't you?"

"Yes. I believe she's my daughter."

"Why do you need my help then?"

"Well I don't know for sure. I lost her when she was two, I did everything I could to find her but...she never showed up," a tear ran down her cheek, "I want to make sure it's her but...she has the same name. The resemblance is uncanny."

Ms Park nods, "well let's have a dig around shall we?" she types into her computer and eyes the screen through her glasses. She looks back up minutes later. "I see that you tried to adopt?"

"Yes, I did, that girl seemed to remind me of Jisoo...my son."

"Eun Rhee correct?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Well it looks like you've come across the same young lady, twice."

"What do you mean?"

"Eun Rhee is Hong Min-ji. Which is interesting yes, but something even more confronting...," she turned her screen around to face Mrs Hong, "is this...Lee Yi, looks quite similar to your girl...What's weird is that Eun Rhee...we don't actually have a sure birth-date, the only date that has been I don't know, assumed I guess, is the 30th of December 1995, the same date as Lee Yi and Jisoo were born. I must say that everything's a bit too odd. Your best bet is to get all three of them in a room and have a little chat..."