Chapter 50

Current Date of Story: December 24th, 2014, a Friday (Christmas EVE)

Eun's eyes open with great strain. She feels a heavy weight on her midriff. She sags her head to the side and is greeted by a very ungraceful looking Issi. Her head pounds with a fresh headache and her face feel heated and red. She closes her eyes gently, however they shoot back open moments later when the overwhelming nausea kicks in. She groans, stirring Issi. Her friends eyes open and she grunts. Eun Rolls over to face the wall, putting her back to Issi. "Sorry...I was on the floor but it got too uncomfortable," Issi chuckles. "How are you feeling?" she asks. Eun remains silent, unmoving. Issi strokes her hair for a few moments. She sighs and proceeds to exit the room. She closes the door behind her and mutters, "it's Christmas Eve for god's sake. Why does she have to be sick?" It's not just that, Issi thinks. From what Jeonghan had described, she'd come home almost brain dead. In her mind Issi's trying so hard to picture her friend as being the spitting image of a visible ghost, whatever that looks like, but she just can't do it. Her mind can't see her bubbly and spirited friend so empty and lacking. Whatever happened to her to put Eun in that state must have been...terrible. Issi steps into the kitchen and spies Jungkook sitting at the long table. His hands are folded in front of him and his brows are knotted. She takes a seat in front on him, taking on the same position as him, mocking his distressed expression. Just like Eun had, he remains the same. She pouts, "why is everyone around here so depressed?" she questions. Jungkook unfolds his hands and drops them to his side, now looking carefully at Issi. "Am I not allowed to be?" he grumbles. Issi places her hands flat on the table, "no, you're not. Because it's Christmas Eve," she stands, "so we are going to go and get the boys together, arasso?" Jungkook nods and follows after Issi, his shoulders slouched and feet heavy beneath him.

The pair step out onto the street. Jungkook breathes behind Issi, "shoot, I have to go Iss, can you get back by yourself?"
Issi places her hands on her hips, spinning to face Jungkook, "I am a strong and independent woman!"
"Yeah yeah, whatever I'm off," he says, jogging in the opposite direction. Issi waves him off and continues on her way, a little skip in her step as she goes. She loved the outdoors, even when its wet and cold. The fresh and crisp air gives her something to hold onto almost. Its like no matter what happens, the air will always be their, she can always rely on it for 'support'. Out of the corner of her eye she sees an older lady fall, her cart drops to the ground and fresh produce spills onto the harsh concrete. A young man runs up to the lady and offers her a hand. Her legs start moving on their own, and before she knows it Issi is bending over and picking up oranges and whatever else was scattered on the pavement. Along with the young man she loads the produce back into the cart once it had been picked up. The to stand side by side in front of the lady, smile and bow. She expresses her gratitude over and over again before grabbing the cart and heading on her way. Issi spins on her heels to face the boy standing next to her, "Thank you-" her face droops and  turns pale as she recalls the face in front of her. It's Chris. Chris Bang. He looks older, but it's him, for sure. She stares for a few moments, noticed the same shocked expression adorning his own face. A tear falls down her face. Chris' eyes dart to the tear. He remains still for a few seconds before his emotions get the better of him. He reaches out and pulls Issi into him. But she isn't having a bar of it. She brings her hands up and pushes on his chest. His hands drop to his sides. "Why are you here," she asks in between sobs. He looks at her with sympathy in his eyes, as if he's feeling the same pain she is. A tear also falls from his eye, confirming her suspicions. "I'm sorry I left. I had to," he reaches out. Issi steps back, "Was it so important that you had to leave without a message, or a call?"
"Yes Issi it was but I-"
She holds up a finger to his face, "no, it's okay," she sniffles, "I get it."
"Iss i missed you so much," he says taking a step closer.
"And I missed you too, more than anything, but I don't want to talk to you."
"I know you don't but...just...please just listen, you don't have to talk," he looks at her in ernest.
"I don't know if I can, Chris, I don't know if I'll ever be able to."
Chan grabs her wrist and produces a card from his back pocket. "Think about it, please. I promise I'll explain." He takes a step closer and brushes a kiss on her cheek before stalking of into the distance. Issi watches his back carefully, identifies each moving muscle and studied the way his thick hair blows in the wind. She shoves the card into the pocket of her long coat.

Eun lies on her back, eyes trained on a blemish on the wood. Her mind is empty, the only image of the boy she cherishes, whom she wishes to see.

Joshua returns home at lunch time carrying a container of steaming soup. He places the container on the kitchen counter and walks down the hall to his room. He clicks open the door and strolls into the room, squatting at Eun's side. She smiles weakly. He nods. "How are you?"
She looks at him for a moment before dropping her gaze. He sighs. He reaches his hand out and runs his fingers down the length of her hair. He slumps his shoulders a little. "Why'd you do it?" He blurts out. She searches his eyes for more, as of she doesn't understand what he means. His stomach stops a little. "You...we're dating someone else while we...whatever we did and then saw someone else after breaking up with him." He doesn't know why he brought it up, especially now of all times when Eun is unwell. Eun uses what strength remains in her weak and weary arms to move to a sitting position. We weren't...dating then," she takes a moment to catch her breath, "I know it's a weak," another pause, "excuse. And V...I had to see him, just once," she wheezes, "to get some attention. So I could stay in Seventeen," she coughs.
Josh purses his lips and nods, "why didn't you just tell me? Why let me find out on my own?"
"I didn't want to burden you."
"And what happened yesterday for you to come back half dead?"
She drops her head to look down at her lap. "That bad huh?" he says, almost laughing. He picks himself up and walks from the room. Eun stares at the closed door. A Merry Christmas Eve indeed.

Issi sits comfortably in an armchair, playing wither the card that was given to her earlier. Chris had been a big part of her life. They'd been friends for as long as she could remember. Suddenly, about four years ago he left. Completely disappeared. She got no call or email, nothing. A piece of her heart had been ripped from her when she realised. He's just left her to her own life.

Days of celebration can become times of longing and remorse.

Hey Guys!
First off...I CANT BELIEVE WE MADE IT TO 6K READS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, a lot going on I know. I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to publish another chapter I've been focusing on school a little mode lately due to exams, but I'm back now! Lemme know what you thought of this weeks chapter😜 I also wanna know what you guys are wanting from the story, ice been bringing Issi's character to the front lines and also been incorporating members from their groups, is this okay??

Thanks
Ruby💖💖