Chapter 5

Current date of story: 28th of November 2014, a Friday

Joshua sits me down into the back of a taxi, sitting down as well. He pulls my leg carefully over towards him and rests my foot on his lap. I lean my head against the window and close my eyes.

My eyes flutter open to the shouting of Joshua. I look hurriedly around the room. There's all kinds of people here, young and old. Some have casts plastered on their arm and legs while others cough violently. I look over at Joshua and see him arguing with a doctor.

"Just find someone! I don't care who, please."

The doctor nods and disappears behind a set of double doors. Joshua sighs and looks at me. His eyes widen and he walks towards me with grace.

"I'm sorry you had to see that."

I pull him into the seat next to me and rest my head against his shoulder, wrapping one arm over his stomach. He rests his head on mine. "You have no idea how long it took just to get to talk to that guy. You were out like a light the entire time."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For looking after me."

"Anything for a friend."

I jumped up out of the chair, landing on my good foot. W-we're friends? I mean I suppose that's a good thing...

"Did I say something wrong?"

"N-No. I was just surprised is all..."

The same man Joshua was talking to earlier approaches us. "This way please."

Joshua lifts me up, I struggle underneath his grip.

"Relax," he says.

After being carried through countless corridors the doctor enters a room and ushers us to follow him through the door. He instructs me to take a seat on the padded table, Joshua placed me down onto it.

"Wait here, he should be here soon." The doctor leaves the room.

"Who's 'he'?" I ask Joshua.

"I donno. Another doctor I suppose."

"Hey Josh?"

"Yeah?" He looks up at me.

"Why did you seem so shocked when I told the CEO my birthday?"

"O-oh...it's not important," he scratches the back of his neck.

"You seem on edge...come on, you can tell me."

He looks down at the ground before standing up. He walks towards me and grabs my hand.

"It-it all seems to make sense now but...I can't tell you until I know for sure. Can you trust me?"

I nod, "of course."

The door clicks open and a tall, handsome man walks in. He greets us, "Good afternoon, I'm doctor Ming. Nice to meet you both. So can you tell me what happened?"

I let Joshua talk for me, nodding my head awkwardly as he spoke.

"Okay, let's take a look see shall we?" The man approaches me and places his hands on either side of my foot. He pokes and massages it for what feels like hours. All the while I grip Joshua's hand.

The man steps back and looks at me concerned.

"Well I'm not going to lie. It doesn't look to good. As far as I can tell you've torn a ligament, maybe even ripped right through it. We'll do an ultrasound and see what we can find."

The man exits the room.

"You know you don't have to stay. I bet your band mates are waiting for you."

"They can keep on waiting then. I'm not leaving."

"Come on Josh, surely I don't mean that much to you. If you had've debuted I wouldn't be saying this...but please, your band mates need you. I can hold my own here."

He stares at me for a few seconds, "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"No! Of course not! It's just...you've got a group to belong to...I know if I had one I'd be devoted to them like nothing else. So why are you still here?"

"Because you mean a lot to me." He stands from the chair he's sitting and takes a seat beside me on the table. "Am I not allowed to care?" His face is merely inches away from mine.

"Yes but I-" he slams his lips onto mine forcefully. His kisses are rough at first but then he slows. This...doesn't really feel right...and yet again, it makes so much sense. He suddenly pauses and pulls his face away from me.

"I-I'm so sorry...I don't know what I was thinking..."

"N-no it-it's okay.

His face is bright red. "You're blushing...," he stutters.

"You are too silly!"

He pulls me into a hug. "Thank you."

"For calling you silly? I don't think-"

"No. For being in my life."

Th door opens. Joshua instantly let's go of me and jumps up.

The doctor goes through the process of the ultrasound. I couldn't see the screen he was looking at but I could see his face. From what I could see my ankle wasn't looking to good. The doctor wiped the cold cream off my foot. He stares at me with his lips pushed together.

"I think we might be looking at doing a ligament reconstruction."

My heart is beating at a million miles and hour and my eyes are wet with tears. If-if the surgery doesn't work out...I may never dance again. I wouldn't be able to debut...I wouldn't....wouldn't be able to live my dream. I look down at my lap and watch tears fall and leave little marks on my leggings. "Miss Hong...I'm more than capable of completing the surgery. You can trust me with this. For now just go home with your boyfriend and relax. I've got your phone number, I'll let you know available times."

"Ah I'm not...her...boyfriend."

I decide to play a little prank on Josh and say, "What are you talking about? Of course you are."

"W-what!?" His face goes bright red.

I chuckle along with the doctor.

"H-Hey!" Joshua tries to defend himself but ends up giving after one snarky comment from the doctor.

Joshua helps me into a taxi and is silent the whole ride back to my dorm. He carried me up to the door and sets me down. I unlock the door and use the wall to make my way over to the couch. I sit down and slowly move my leg up and rest it on a cushion. Joshua stands at the end of the couch looking at his phone. His face is pale as snow and his eyes are large black pits.

"Josh? You're scaring me. What's wrong?"

He stares at me, his expression blank. Is he in shock? Awe? Devastation?

"I just got a text message...from coups...our leader. We're getting a new member."

"That's great! Who is it?"

He looks down at the floor and up again, giving me an almost zombie like look.

"It's you."