Chapter 10

Current date of story: 29th of November 2014, a Saturday.

Min-Ji P.O.V

An awkward silence filled the room as I stared up at the woman. My mouth is open, my hands are shaky, and my vision is clouded. I can see Joshua next to me, unlike my own his mouth is closed tight. Thoughts race through my head all the while the woman's eyes are filled with wonder and joy. She reaches out and strokes my hair. Her voice is cautious and quiet, "We thought we'd lost you...and yet here you are, you look exactly the same, exactly as I remember you," she smiles sweetly, "I don't know how this is possible...but I'm happy."

I guide her hand away from my face, a fierce anger fermenting within me. I give her a stern look, "I don't believe it," my voice comes out harsher than I intended. To shocked to maintain my calm, I use all the strength I can muster to stand and collect my crutches. Everyone remains silent and still as I exit the dorm.

Joshua P.O.V

I held my head in my hands while I sobbed. Warm and salty tears now covered my tracksuit pants. I am beyond conflicted. Beyond confused. And beyond heartbroken. This all sounds too tv-drama like to be true, I kissed my sister. Nothing else on in the world could be more cliché. I sigh and wipe my damp hands on my hoodie. Words can not describe my sadness.

"How poetic of me...," I mumble to myself.

Mother left shortly after Min-Ji did. I fought the urge to run after her with everything I had in me. If she's feeling anything like I am then it's best to leave her alone. I bite my lip and taste the small amount of blood spilling from the wound. My hands find their way to my phone and hold it tight. I just can't let her go into her operation resenting me or beating her self up. Is she angry with me? Who am I kidding? She wouldn't be. What have I done? Before I realise it, I'm racing out of the the building and hailing down a cab. I arrive at the hospital and sprint into the main waiting room. I spot Min-Ji sitting in the corner with an unreadable expression on her face. I approach her cautiously and slowly. I stand in front of her. She faces me but avoids my gaze.

"Min-Ji I-"

She interrupts me, her voice shaky, "You knew, didn't you?"

"Well, I-"

"Why didn't you say anything? If you had the slightest suspicion, why didn't you tell me??"

I open my mouth. I choke.

"Forget it. Just forget it."

A nurse calls out, "Hong Min-Ji? You can come through now."

She stands and grabs her crutches. She gives me one last sour glance before hobbling past me, her hair brushing my shoulder. I watch her back as she disappears around the corner. My throat tightens while I stand there, my vision beginning to blur. I take in quick and shallow breaths for minutes. Eyes wander to my presence. I ignore the stares and glares and simply remain standing. The only thing that registers is my own thoughts, my own devilish, conflicting thoughts. I grit my teeth and hiss. I can't believe you could be this damn stupid. I cannot. You knew, you had the sinking the suspicion that she was your sister and you didn't do a damned thing about it! You couldn't possible stuff anything else up. You've done it all Hong Jisoo, you've really done it. I pull at my hair in both anger and disgust. She still needs me. She has no one but me.
I stroll up to the reception desk and place my hands firmly upon it.

The receptionist, startled, speaks slowly and carefully, "Can I help you?"

I stare directly into the pits of her eyes, "Yes, I need to know when Hong Min-Ji will come out of surgery. Is that something you can tell me?"

"Well no but may I take your name?"

"Ah sure? Hong Jisoo."

"Siblings?"

I bite my lip before continuing, "Yes, yes we are." I fight back tears as the lady sorts through her computer.

"I see...well it says here that you're her emergency contact...is that right?"

Since when? Surely after...I push away the thought.

"Sir?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you or are you not her emergency contact?"

"Oh ah...I guess I am, she didn't tell me."

"Okay well...it looks like she'll be out later tonight but I suspect that she won't be awake until early in the morning. It'll be room..." she squints at the screen, "203."

I reach over the desk and grab her hand, "Thank you so, so much!"

She retracts her hand, "y-you're welcome."

I smile at her gratefully before running out of the building.

My breath is ragged and quick once the music stops.

"I don't mean to do this again...But Joshua you really need to focus up." S. Coups scratches the back of his neck, his damp hair clings to his glossy forehead.

I nod firmly, "Yeah, I know. I'll try harder, I will."

He claps a hand over my right shoulder, "I know you will," he turns to face the rest of the group, "let's call it a day guys. You've all worked really hard today, well done everyone!"

I tap my foot on the ground while leaning against the wall. My nails have been bitten raw and my bottom lip is covered in red patches. I can't help but feel worried, I can't help but feel anxious. For the last week my mind has been something that could only be compared as a war zone. So many conflicting thoughts have crossed my mind and so many times I thought to myself what the hell in was even doing with my life. It's hard to believe that one girl could make me feel so devastated and yet feel like I'm on top of the world. A bed appears in front of me. I stare at the persons face and and smile. Min-Ji's eyes are closed softly and her lips are parted. I look up and the surgeon and he nods. I approach her. My hand gently grazes her soft and silky hair.

Hey Guys!
I am so incredibly sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time I really am! And I know this ones quite short! I will try my absolute hardest to update again so as always, if you have any requests please let me know and thank you so much for the support😊
-Josie💖💖