Chapter 8

Current date of story: 28th of November, 2014, a Friday

S. Coups P.O.V

"Be-because the-the woman I love is in pain and I think...that she might be my sister."
My mouth drops open. Joshua's fingers are curled into a fist. His face is stained with tears and his eyes are bloodshot. You can see the pain in his face, the agony. His breathing is uneven and shallow. I can't say that I've ever seen this expression on anyone. His body is shaking violently as I stare at him. This girl...managed to completely screw him over in a matter of days. And the fact that she might be her sister is just to much to handle. My brain has gone into over drive as I take a few breaths to calm myself down. The boys have since left the room. I approach Joshua who now has his head hanging weakly. Unsure of what to do I reach out and place my hand on his shoulder.
My mind races with possible ways to comfort him. "We'll figure it out together, like we're suppose to. Min-Ji's apart of us now, her burdens are our burdens. And the same goes for you. I'm sorry. I overreacted. I've just been...no, I won't make up an excuse. Jisoo, just go call your parents will you?"
He sniffs and nods. I pat him on the back and head out of the room.

Joshua P.O.V

S. Coups leaves me sobbing and shaking. I have no idea what's come over me. That girl...is undoubtedly going to be the end of me. In the last few days I've felt things that I've never felt before. I bend my elbows and stare at my shaking hands, taking the time to take in the intricate lines and paths in attempt to calm my self down. My breathing slows and returns to a normal rhythm. I pull out my phone and dial my mothers phone number. It rings for a while, no answer. I sigh and head out of the room to see the guys absent. I slide down to the ground leaning against the wall. I stare down at the floor. A pair of black heels appear in my line of vision. I look up and gasp at what I see.

Third Person View (T.P.V)

Min-Ji is still lying on the floor, drowned in her own tears and at the same time, at peace. Knowing that she now doesn't have to make that decision that she once dreaded to make. All her life she had never felt so much sadness. She curled herself into a ball and stared at the door in which a Joshua had left from just an hour and a half ago. She can't wrap her head around all of two things. 1, why she was selected to going Seventeen. 2, her feelings for Joshua. She had originally jumped to the conclusion that she had to make a choice, Joshua or Jungkook. But thinking about it now, that was absolutely ridiculous. She couldn't bring herself to admit that she liked him, loved him even. She rolled onto her back and spread out like a starfish. She squinted and spoke slowly, "Surely it's not possible to fall in love with someone in a matter of days...is it?"
Min-Ji got to her feet, being careful not to apply too much weight onto her injured foot. She stood tall, her head raised to face the ceiling. She smiled cheerfully. Her ambition is to debut, and she will debut, whatever it takes. She will make it through the surgery and she will recover. She balled a fist and raised it to the sky and gave herself a reassuring nod.

Joshua stares up at his mother, mouth wide open and eyes with a ghostly sheen to them. His mother looked down at him with a devilish smirk on her face. He instinctively jumps up to his feet and bows slightly.
"What's the bow for? Give your mother a hug!' She speaks in English, her Korean accent barely heard. Joshua cautiously takes a step closer to his mother and sluggishly raps his arms around her. She squeezes him with immense force. He coughs a little, struggling under her strong grip. She finally lets him go after about a minute of squeezing and swaying.
He speaks softly and carefully, "W-What brings you here?"
"Can't a mother surprise her boy?" She tilts her head to the side.
"Well yes, but I-"
She interrupts him, "Didn't know I was coming? It wouldn't be a surprise if you did, now would it?"
He shakes his head.
She smiles at him, "Now how are you dear?"
"G-good."
"Just good? Well I suppose that's better than nothing. I'd best be heading back, your father's waiting at the hotel. Text me the address of your dorm and I'll visit tomorrow morning. Sound 'good'?"
Joshua simply nods and watches his mother walk down the corridor. He leans his head against the wall and curses under his breath. He pulls out his phone and dials Jeonghan's number. He answers straight away and speaks quickly and in a panicked tone, "Hey are you okay? We met up with Coups and he told us what you said...Then your mother-, " He pauses for a brief ten seconds before continued, "-Just walked passed us again."
"Can we head back to the dorm now?"
"Ah yeah we'll meet you out the front."
Joshua hangs up and makes his way to the front of the building.

Min-Ji P.O.V
Current date of story: 29th of November, 2014, a Saturday

I wake to the sound of birds chirping, or at least I wish. The sound of jack hammers and trucks passing by fill my ears and I groan. I pull the pillow around my head to block out the noise. Eventually after much tossing and turning I give up trying and slowly get out of bed. I hop over to the bathroom and manage to enter the shower. The hot water falls down onto my body, rendering the pain in my foot invisible.

I get changed into a simple white sweater and pink overalls, pairing it with some brown platform lace up boots, not to high so they're uncomfortable. I sit down onto the couch, munching on a shiny red apple. My phone chimes. I pick it up to see two messages, one from the doctor and one from the CEO.

Dear Miss Hong,
The only slot I have available for the surgery is later this afternoon, I realise this is extremely short notice. The next available appointment is next year in February. Given your situation I also realise that this is not practical. I urge you to take the appointment this afternoon at 12:30.
Sincerely,
Dr Ming Joon Oh

Dear Miss Hong,
I have organised for you to meet the rest of the members of Seventeen this morning at 10:00 at the following location, ******************. I would like to be informed when the surgery will take place to allow appropriate time for your recovery.
Kind Regards,
CEO Hang Sung-soo

I sigh, "Looks like I'll have a busy day..." I send back messaged to each person. But it's a Saturday...I wouldn't have though that I'd be having the surgery on a weekend...

Dear Dr Ming Joon Oh,
I think that it would be in my best interest to take the appointment at 12:30 today. I will see you then.
Thanks,
Hong Min-Ji

Dear CEO,
Thank you for letting me know, I look forward to meeting everyone. I have been informed that the only time slot available this year is today at 12:30.
Thanks,
Hong Min-Ji

I also send a message to Joshua,

Heyyyy,
I'm coming round to the dorm at around 10:00. And can you believe that I'm getting the surgery today. I'm freaking out here! Anyway, see you at 10.

I chuck my phone to the end of the couch. Now how am I going to get there?

This chapters a bit disjointed and short and not to mention not edited! I know this is a little late but thanks to much for 100 reads I couldn't be happier😊 Oh and I really need your guys' help with choosing a new book cover. I will update again with some that I have made soon!
Thanks,
Min-Ji