Chapter 49 - Part 2

Current Date of Story: December 23rd, 2014, a Thursday

Joshua runs both his hands through his hair. When Eun and himself had entered their...relationship, she'd still been dating Jungkook. This situation he's found himself in, he never would have thought he'd be in in a million years. He hadn't even been thinking about any sort of relationship, let alone the one he's in now. His phone rings in his pocket. His pulls it out and stares at the lock screen. Seungcheol. He sighs and clicks the green, bringing it up to his ear. "Hello?"
Seungcheol's panicked voice fills Joshua's ear, "Something happened to Min-Ji, where are you?!?"
Joshua's heart skips a beat, "What do you mean? what happened to her?"
Jungkook grabs the phone from Joshua and puts it on speaker, sensing that whoever it was that's in trouble, it was someone close to Joshua, and to him. "She came into the house covered in snow...Jeonghan found her collapsed against the wall in your room."
"How is she now?" Jungkook asks.
"Ah...who are you," he asks.
"Nevermind about him, how is she," Joshua half roars. Eun's ex bites at his nails.
"She has a fever and...I don't know somethings wrong, mentally."
"Where is she?" Josh growls.
"On her bed, we gave her medicine to help with the fever but she keeps talking."
"I'm coming, I'll be there soon," he says before hanging up. Joshua goes to leave the room, Jungkook grabs his arm. "I'm coming with you."
Josh sighs, "I guess I can't stop you."

Joshua and his two counterparts burst into the apartment, running down the hall to her room. He rushes up to her side, grabbing her hand. His eyes search her face in worry. There's no colour to her skin, he thinks. All thoughts of what she had done wash from his mind, overpowered by a wave of fear and concern. He holds out a hand to her forehead, and wincing as he felt the magnitude of heat he felt on his palm. "Do you have anything to take her temperature?" Jungkook asks from behind him. Joshua takes a moment to think, "maybe in the bathroom," he replies, gently releasing Eun''s hand and jogging out of the room. Jungkook kneels before the bed, taking her hand as Joshua had did moments ago. He watches her chest rise and fall, making a mental note that she's breathing and that she's alive. Joshua strolls into the room, holding a thermometer. Jungkook drops her hands upon hearing his footsteps. He stands and moves back, making room for his ex's new boyfriend. Joshua places the thermometer into her mouth and waits patiently. It beeps loudly, Josh looks to see the number 40.2. He sighs heavily and stumbles out of the room. Jungkook stares at Eun's face and the few beads of sweat that spot her delicate and pale skin. The days he's spent without her have been...uncomfortable. He would practice until his muscles couldn't take anymore, all because of his regret. He cares deeply for Eun's safety, and keeps trying to tell himself that what he did was...better for her. But for himself, it seems, turned out to be a lingering scar. There's no way she'd want him back, is what he tells himself, especially now that she's met Joshua. The man of the hour arrives back into the room, carrying a funnel, presumably wetted. He places it carefully onto Eun's head, earning a shallow sigh of relief from her still body. Jungkook speaks in a shallow tone, "Could I stay the night?"
Joshua purses his lips. He looks at Jungkook, then to Eun, and back to Jungkook. "If you can deal with the couch, then yes."
He nods and trudges off out of the room.  Joshua remains in the room, taking a seat on the edge of the bunk opposite where Eun lies. Her ex had been frantic on their way over to the dorm, he had tapped his feet with great speed and rubbed his face continuously. Joshua couldn't say he wasn't feeling the same way, however he felt the overly anxious energy Jungkook was giving off. It wasn't anywhere near what Joshua was feeling. He felt much calmer than Jungkook had seemed, in more ways than one. For some reason, besides the feeling of a rushing urge to go to Eun, he wasn't...utterly desperate. It greatly confuses him. Mostly because each time something happened to Eun...he freaked out. But he didn't this time. It's as if his minds playing a game with him. The very fact that She'd been seeing Jungkook and...doing whatever she was doing with V while 'playing with his feelings' is making his subconscious do somersaults. Yet she showed such love and affection towards, it almost makes him sick that she could hide it so well. Maybe he was reading too far into it, did she really need to tell him? He sure feels like it. He wasn't about to wake her up, or bring it up with her in the next few days, but eventually, it would come out, whether he wants it too or not. And whether he can hold onto his love for her until then and into the future was another matter.

Jungkook lies on the couch in the living room, hands entwined and resting on the back of his head. He's grateful that Josh let him stay, he probably wouldn't have done the same, not when he knows his feelings haven't faded. Why he allowed him too, he doesn't know. His heart still beats a faster pace than usual. He tried his best to ignore the other five or so people in the kitchen only a meter or two His phone vibrates from in his back pocket. He lets go of his head, leaving the muscles in his neck to hold his head up. He pulls his phone from his pocket. A message from Issi.
Issi: Where are you? Tae said you left in a hurry.
Jungkook: At an ex's place
Issi: Ooh interesting, who's the flame?
Jungkook: Names Min-Ji, now go to bed
There's no response back. He grumbles and rolls onto his side, leaving his phone to tumble to the floor as he shifts his weight. Fifteen minutes pass of tossing and turning. Jungkook shoots to a sitting position just as a knock sounds on the front door. He eyes follow one of the boys in the kitchen as he walks to the hall leading to the door. The boys voice sounds from down the hall, "Issi? What are you doing here?" Jungkook jumps over the back of the couch and pounds down the hall. And sure enough, Issi is standing in the hall, wrapped in multiple layers. "What the hell are you doing here?" He breaths. Issi smiles, "here to see my friend and little brother of course," she pushes past the boy, "excuse me." She continues past Jungkook and heads directly to Euns room. She edges the door open and pokes her head in, seeing Joshua with his head in his hands and Eun spread on the mattress opposite him. She sighs and wanders up to Eun, kneeling before the bed. "I can by earlier, how's she doing now?"
"Not well."
"Can I ask why Jungkook is here?"
"Don't worry about it. Ask Min-Ji in the morning."
"Are you okay?"
Joshua shakes his head, angling it a little towards the floor, "no."
Issi nods. "I won't ask." She says, grabbing a stray pillow and making herself comfortable on the carpeted floor.

Love seems forever, but sometimes it isn't