Chapter 51 PT 2

Current Date of Story: December 24th, 2014, a Friday (Christmas EVE)

Seventeen sits at the dining table, all boys staring at the one female member, all wondering how she'd managed to even walk out of her room, let alone stand up. Eun wraps her arm around Joshua who's seated beside her, "since it's christmas tomorrow, why don't we all get out and about?"
They all look around at each other, still pondering where all the energy came from. Seungcheol nods, "I'm with Min-Ji, we should do something fun."
Hoshi shoots from his sitting position, "Let's do Karaoke after dinner!"
Eun's phone vibrates in her pocket, she excuses herself from the table and leaves the boys to squabble. "Hello?"
"Min-Ji!" Issi shouts from the other end of the phone.
Eun laughs, "Hiiiii."
"Quick questions-wait no hang on lemme start over. Merry Christmas Eve!"
"And to you fair lady!"
"Okay now for my query, do you Joshua and Vernon want to join me and the boys for lunch tomorrow?"
Eun pushes her lips together, "Mm sure, I don't see why not, but is that okay with the others?"
"Of course, don't worry about it. And absolutely no presents okay? Just bless us with you company. I'll text you details later okay? Byeeee!"
Joshua appears in the hallway, "Who was it?"
"Issi. Would you like to go to lunch with her group tomorrow?" she asks.
Joshua tilts his head to the side, "what about the others?"
"Vernon's been invited as well. We have the morning and night to spend with the others. It'll be fun," she smiles.
Joshua narrows his eyes. The way she speaks is...so unlike her, no unbelievably clear, full and so perfect and well thought out. In a way, it sounded practiced. He puts on a small smile, "Sure, why not," he extends a hand, grabbing hers, "let's go back out."

Eun sits by the Christmas tree, its lights each like small stars in the living room. She carefully places presents under its plastic leaves. The tree that towers over her makes her heart ache a dull pain. She didn't get to spend time arranging ornaments and lights with her friends. Because of her selfish behaviour, she missed out. It makes her sad that she was so inconsiderate of the people she loves, and that she has already paid the price. She'd give anything to turn back time, anything.

Joshua watches as Eun steps into the room, creeping towards her bed and lying down. He closes his eyes. He hears a sob from across the room. He opens his eyes and looks over. Eun's shoulders shudder. His lips form a thin line.

Current Date of Story: December 25th, 2014, a Saturday (Christmas DAY)

Seventeen sits around the Christmas tree, all smiling at each other and glaring at the mountain of presents piled underneath the tree. Eun has her head resting on Joshua's shoulder. Presents are passed around, each person's face lights up when they receive a gift. Eun watches as her gift to Joshua arrives in his lap. He reads over the card attached and kisses the top of Eun's head. He inspects the thin square item, giving it a little shake like he used to as a kid. He rips into the paper, revealing a Gabe Bondoc CD. He places it on the floor and wraps both arms around his girlfriends, "thank you, it's perfect," he smiles.

Presents continue to pile up in everyone's laps, each person ending up with a whopping thirteen presents. Jun carefully unwraps a large gift, revealing the big glass jar of jelly beans Eun had bought for him. Everyone in the room let's out a squeal of delight at the sight of the multicoloured treats. "Thanks Min-Ji!" Jun shouts. The door to the dorm opens, Jonathan steps inside. Hanging from his arms are several bags. "Merry Christmas my darlings!"
"Hi Jonathan!" Eun yells cheerfully.
"Hello dear. I also have another guest whom I happened to run into in the hallway," he steps to the side, making way for the real Min-Ji to enter the dorm. The group stares unblinkingly at the young girl clad in a beautiful flowing dress...and with a face closely resembling Eun. The members of Seventeen, all except Joshua and Eun, look over the girl wondering who she is...and why she looks so much like Eun. Jonathan walks towards the tree and gathered group. He hands the bags to Jihoon. "I hope you all like your gifts, I picked them out myself," he smiles. Eun peel herself away from Joshua and stands up. "I'll be back in just a moment. She limps past the group, grabbing Min-Ji and dragging her into her room. She pulls out Jonathans present from the dressed and turns to her look-alike. "Why are you here?" she says, trying her best to sound kind. Min-Ji wears a shy expression, her lips are slightly parted, eyes lowered and hands knotted together in front of her. "I...just wanted to spend christmas with my brother," she raises her eyes to meet Eun's. Eun sighs, a sense of sympathy welling in her heart, "I'm sorry, it's just that the boys...they don't know that my names not Min-Ji...and if I tell-"
The door opens and Joshua enters the room. "There's no harm in telling them, I'm sure they won't have a problem with it."
"You're talking as if Jihoon didn't threaten several of us for not cleaning our dishes with his guitar."
Joshua places a hand on his hip, "yes, but this is different. Its involving family affairs, they'll stay out of it," he changes his focus unto Min-Ji. I'm really happy that you're here...it would have been nice if you had called first though..."
She smiles, "I know, I guessed you'd say that. I just wanted to surprise you is all."
He smiles kindly, "well consider me surprised." He spreads his arms out. Min-Ji giggles and steps into his arms. Josh gives her a squeeze and ruffles her hair, "I'm happy you're here."
"Let's go out then," Eun says. The three join the group back in the living room. First, Eun approaches Jonathan and pushes a rectangular shaped gift into his hands, "Merry Christmas," she says sweetly.
"Why thank you flower." He opens his gift, revealing a stunning velvet purple necktie. Its smooth appearance and blindingly vibrancy matching Jonathans bold personality.  "It's beautiful."
"I'm glad you like it!"
Joshua steps out from behind Eun. "This is my sister, Hong Min-Ji," he says, motioning to Min-Ji standing behind him. Silence creeps into the space, surrounding each person like a blanket of emotion. Eun looks at Joshua who nods. "My real name is Eun, Rhee Eun. I changed my name."
Dino shoved the paper gathered in his lap to the floor and hops to a standing position, "I like it, suits you better than Min-Ji."
Joshua elbows Eun and whispers, "I told you, we're a family."

Eun jumps into Issi's arms, wrapping her own tightly around her friends neck.
"Woah watch your foot!" Issi giggles. Issi looks looks behind Eun and smiles at Joshua and Vernon. Her eyes then wander to Min-Ji whom Joshua had invited. Eun lets go of Issi, "we brought along Joshua's sister, I hope that's okay?"
"Oh yeah, of course. What's your name?" she asks Min-Ji.
"You can call me Min."
Issi walks closer to her, "it's great to meet you," she pulls her into a hug, earning a smile from her. "Let's head inside, everyone's waiting!"

Much to Euns surprise, the group settled into the restaurant nicely. She'd been sure to give Jungkook and Taehyung  a slight nod and smile, they both had done the same. Jimin looks at Eun and Min-Ji, pointing his finger at one, and then the other. Eun smiles, "I found my doppelgänger."
"Huh, that's neat!" Jimin chuckles. The group continues chatting while Issi sits quietly. Out of the corner of her eye she sees a man waving both hands at her. She looks at the man for a few moments and identifies Chris Bang. He looks her right in the eyes and continues to wave her over. She sighs, "I'm going to the bathroom," she says to the group. She moves away from the table and approaches Chris. Jungkook and Vernon watch her carefully as she does. "I told you already, I don't want to talk to you," she spits.
"Come on Issi, please."
"I won't and that's that!l she yells, drawing the attention of the entire restaurant. "Now leave me be, it's Christmas and I'm here with my friends ," she glares at him before joining the others. Vernon clears his throat, "I need the toilet, I'll be back." Jungkook seconds, "Same here." The pair walks towards Chris, grabbing one arm each and dragging the young man into a nearby hallway. The pair releases him and stare into his eyes with a hint of remorse. "What's with you and Issi?" they both ask. When he doesn't answer they take two steps closer, lessening the distance between them to just a few centimetres. "Why does it matter to you?" Chris does his best to sound calm.
Jungkook and Vernon narrow their eyes and say in unison, "I like her-"
"What? You too?" they question each other."
Chris scoffs, "you think you like her? I was best friends with her when we were younger. I've spent the most time with her."
"By the looks of it there's something wrong?" Vernon inches a little closer.
"Fine, so I deserted her and haven't seen her for four something years, what does it matter?"
"I suggest you leave her the hell alone," Jungkook touches a finger to Chris's chest.
"No. I won't."
Vernon raises an eyebrow.
"I made a mistake, I want to fix it."
Jungkook turns and begins walking away, "Don't bother, you heard her."
Vernon gives him one last look, "give it a rest, she clearly doesn't want you around."

Hey Everyone!

I'm back!!! I can't say sorry enough times! I have absolutely no excuses I just, and I quote, 'couldn't be bothered'. This chapters quite long, and I expect the next one to be just the same! I know the story can be confusing, I'm having trouble keeping up with all the twists and turns so 🐻 with me for the mean time!
I hope this chapter was okay, I'll see you next time!

Ruby💖💖

P.S thanks for over 7.5 k reads it feels so amazing to have people reading my story!