Chapter 26

I'm back!! 

Sorry that its taken so long to rearrange my thoughts i got caught up in homework and many other things! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it's quite similar to the one i unpublished but with the second half re-jigged!

Current date of story: 4th of December, a Thursday

T.P.V

Jonathan had since pulled over. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, "I...you weren't supposed to her that from me. I apologise."

Min-Ji stutters, "M-my mother?"

Jonathan shakes his head, "I know not of your mother." He drops his head onto the wheel, triggering the car horn. He jumps back in surprise and parts a hand against his chest. She continues, her sentences all a big jumble of words that Jonathan can barely process, "why...when he did, how could not you...mother is you don't know?"

Jonathan blinked at her, "try that again, one more time."

She took a sharp breath in, "why would he tell you that, why didn't you tell me, how come you don't know anything about my mother?"

He shakes his head slightly, "flower, you have to understand that this is the CEO we're," he pauses, looking at Min-Ji who's is literally tearing her hair out, "too soon?"

She nods in agreement, "too soon."

"Sorry...I just couldn't. And I don't know why he told me. He didn't speak of your mother, or should I say he shut me down when I asked about her," he grips the steering wheel tightly, you've got quite the family flower."

She looks up at him and laughs a little, "I guess I do."

"We best be on our way."

Min-Ji nods, "would it be weird if I asked you something?" she peered into his distraught face.

He rubs his hand over his face, "Depends, what is it?"

"If you were me, if you joined a group after years of hating yourself, had surgery, and if you found out that your father was...you know who, what would you do? What would you be feeling?"

He sighs, "I don't really know, flower. I can tell you one thing, though. You are a lovely young lady, really. The boys are better with you, I hope you realise that. I can't promise that you'll always be happy, however I can promise you that you'll make other people happy, isn't that everyone's goal in life? To make others smile?"

"Jonathan?" she questioned.

He tilts his head to the side, "yes?"

"How old are you?"

Jonathan holds down a laugh, remembering how often he is asked of his age, "I'm 24."

She mouths a 'huh', "you seem..."

"Older? I hear that almost every day."

She throws her hands up in defence, "I don't mean any offence, I–"

"It's quite alright," he interjects. "I understand that my way of speaking and how I dress does somewhat...degrades me. I didn't always used to be like this."

Min-Ji keeps her mouth tightly closed, thinking that it would be rude to ask what he had meant. Instead she awkwardly slid her phone out of her pocket, the seatbelt being an annoying obstacle. She scrolled through twitter, skipping past anything that looked to be to generically young and tacky. Her eyes, however, froze over on particular image. She rested her head against the seats headrest. Jungkook's brown eyes watched her as his cute and innocently cute laugh flowed into her ears. She slid her phone underneath her leg and leans her head against the window with a gentle thud.