Chapter 42

Current date of story: 21st of December, a Tuesday

T.P.V
Min-Ji rubbed her eyes, squinting and blinking in attempt to adjust to the light in the room. Her chest rose and feel as she groaned. She wanted to sleep for another few hours. When her alarm went off, signalling the seventh hour she wiggled in her bed. Sleep seemed to be a tricky ordeal for her, despite her commitment to be in bed by certain times. She sits up, ruffling her greasy hair. The air in the room was cold and sticky, making her sigh. She pulled herself from bed, preparing herself mentally for the wave of exhaustion that she knew was coming. She stood, and sure enough, she was forced to close her eyes and relax her muscles. She let out a few noises to warm up her voice. She walked to the kitchen singing a sweet tune, careful not to put too much weight on her ankle. She chucks a piece of toast into the toaster resting on the bench and swipes an apple from the fruit bowl. Her hair falls in a matted mess down her back. "Somewhere ~ over the rainbow ~ skies are blue ~" she sings. It was bliss, the sound of her voice, she loved hearing it. Whether that was being dull if herself or not, she didn't care. The sound of a voice that was smooth, sweet, and melodic made her heart dance, it made her body dance. She swayed side to side, indulging in the melody. Today was going to be magical, it'll be fun and thrilling. She'll be with the people who make her smile, she has been wanting that. And now that she'll get just that, she's her happiest self. The toast sprung from the toaster, Min-Ji didn't stop singing to retrieve the toast, but to her dismay, halted to satisfy her growling stomach. The slice of toast disappears in a minute and the apple a couple minutes later. Min-Ji trots over to the bathroom and has a brisk shower before returning to her room and changing into something comfortable. There's a knock on the door, she scurries quickly up to the door and unlocks it.
"Morning flower! Ready to leave?"
She nods, "just let me grab my bag and I'll be right out!"

When they arrive at the studio Min-Ji enters the room. The boys all run up to her and throw their arms around her and each other. She giggles. Joshua, who she now sees is standing across the room shouts, "hands off!!"
The lot of them grunt but move off of her. Josh runs up and hugs her tight to his chest, placing a light kiss on her cheek, "Nice to see you again."
"You too," she smiles.
Coups approaches the pair, "that's enough of that, we have a reason for bringing you down here. He pushes everyone to the sides of the studio and calls out DK. "You learnt the lyric right?"
"Yep," he responds.
"Great. Min-Ji, we want you to take DK's place once your better, okay?"
"Yes of course."
"Brilliant! Ready?"
DK nods and sings the lyric, "Baby you are my ~" Coups lifts DK into the air " ~ angel ~ "
Min-Ji's has drops. "That was amazing!"
"Thanks," the two say.
"So you want me to do that?"
"Yeah, you'll be fine," coups assure her.
"Do you mind if I try doing it now?"
"W-well," he stutters, "you're still recovering, if something goes wrong..."
"I'll be fine, just lower me down, I way nothing."
Joshua taps her on the shoulder, "are you sure?"
"I wouldn't have suggested it if I weren't confident."
"Okay...but if anything goes wrong that's on you," coups sighs.
"Don't worry about me I'll be fine!"
The8 shouts, "go get them!"
She shouts back in Chinese, "you know I will!"
Min-Ji walks over to Coups and turns her back to him, her boot clunking on the ground. She clears her throat before repeating the lyric as best she can, "Baby you are my ~" Coups lifts her up into the air, " ~ angel ~ ." Min-Ji hits the ground with small thud, pulling and gasp from Joshua's mouth. She giggles, "I'm fine." The group applauded her efforts. Even Jihoon offers and compliment, "that sounded amazing," he smiles.
"Thank you," Min-Ji bows her head. Dino asks, "could you sing us something else?"
She smiles sweetly, "sure, I don't see why not. How about an English song? Something is as singing this morning?"
They all nod. "Anyone have and guitar with them?" she asks.
Jihoon raises and finger, "I do. I'll go get it." He scurries out of the room and arrives back and few minutes later. He passes the guitar onto Min-Ji. "Thanks!" She awkwardly lowers herself down to to the floor and crosses on leg underneath her other which she outstretched. Her boot was too chunky to cross legs properly.

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of
Dreams really do come true

Someday, I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Well, I see trees of green and red roses too
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Well, I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
And also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands saying
How do you do?
They're really saying I, I love you

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow
They'll learn much more then we'll know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
World

Someday I wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dare to
Why oh, why can't I?

Ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh

(Over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole)

The boys listened patiently as she sang. She sang the song that often comforted her. It was the song that told her of dreams, her dreams that some day she would accomplish. And it tells of the tragedies and discouragement in the world. But despite this, the author still calls earth wonderful. That's the life Min-Ji lived. She knew what was so terribly wrong with the world, but she wanted to live and happy life, and see the others around her do the same.
The boys, at least eleven of them, didn't know what the song meant. But they heard her voice, and they heard the sorrow and joy behind hit. They understood. They applauded and cheered once she finished. Not just because her voice was...intoxicating, but because it was and performance that made them feel something or rather.
"I know what they see in you," Mingyu says, "you entertain, and tell and story with your voice."
Wonwoo adds, "our fans will be happy to have you. You understand what it means to be an idol and and person. It's nice."
"I'm glad to hear it, how about we all sing together? I can teach you."
They all grin and nods together.

Underlying what seems to be the end, is hope, and and new beginning