Chapter 43

Current date of story, 22nd of December 2014, a Wednesday.

Wonwoo threw a pair of underwear towards Mingyu, "Just borrow mine."

"Ew gross no!"

Wonwoo grunts, "they're clean, I promise. Besides, we don't have time."

"Argh fine whatever," Mingyu growls.

Wonwoo smirks and exits the room, closing the door behind him. Of course he didn't want to lend someone else his underwear but the whole dorm was in a rush. Jonathan had called an emergency meeting. Everyone was rushing about, searching through washing baskets and piles of clothing. Usually they were more organised, but for some reason today was different. Wonwoo arrived in the kitchen and joined Joshua and Jeonghan at the table. He swiped a piece of bread and shoved it into his mouth, he was ravenous. Suengcheol came running into the living area, "Where are my shoes?"

"Which ones?" Jeonghan mumbles.

"The black sneakers," he places his hands on the table.

Jeonghan puts down his spoon, "In your room underneath the pile of clothes in the corner on the left as you walk in."

"Great, thanks!"

Jeonghan sighs as he watches the other members run around the dorm. Doors are being slammed, people are tripping up over others who have fallen and worst of all, the noise. There was so much shouting and screaming. Joshua curses, "Aish, won't they be quiet?"

"I wish..." Jeonghan grunts.

Eun pulls on a hoodie over her plain white tee and shrugs on a pair of ripped jeans. She does the laces of her shoes into knots and then pulls a beanie over her freshly washed hair. She was leaving her boot at home today. She didn't want to be pitied in any way. It wouldn't be easily walking around, but she enjoyed the freedom. She wiggled her injured foot around a little, biting her lip as she did. Eun stretches her arms out, preparing herself for a long meeting. Earlier this morning Jonathan sent her a message talking about a meeting discussing further details about promotion strategies. Eun isn't in any rush, her alarm woke her up at six thirty in the morning and her phone chimed a half hour later. She imagined the boys dorm being in absolute chaos. She saw what state they were in when she first visited, it was like it was a busy office prepping for a new project. She supposed that was what they were doing, they were producing a song. She found it funny that their environment so closely reflects a large corporation. It also made her wonder what it would be like once they debut. Would it always be hectic? Would they get time to relax? She thought about what it will be like for Jonathan, managing a group with 14 members. The group would most likely need another. And then on top of that, makeup artists and stylists would be needed as well. It's a big risk, debuting such a large group, they would need more funding than a regular group. Meals, clothes and hiring staff would cost the company a lot of money. So if Seventeen didn't do well, the company would surely be in debt after a couple years. Eun wonders out into the living room. She packs a few essentials into her small backpack and then takes her phone off charge. There's a knock on the door. Eun slings her backpack over her shoulder and clicks open the door. Jonathan waves and smiles sweetly, "Ready flower?"

"Yes, I am. How have you been?"

"Busy as always, no boot today?" he questions.

"I figured I ought to strengthen it as much as I can."

"As long as you're not pushing yourself then yes, I do agree. Shall we be off?" he presents his forearm. Eun grabs onto his arm, "How are you always so nice?"

He chuckles, "in this industry being ridiculously kind is essential. It also helps me remain calm."

"Maybe I should try it?"

"Oh honey you already are," he smiles.

"Always the charmer I see," she smiles back.

Joshua and the gang step into the conference room, all deadly silent. Joshua sighs, "we went quiet for nothing, they're not even here yet."

Seungkwan yanks Seokmin's hand off his mouth, "aish!"

Jeonghan steps out in front, "no point standing around, let's take our seats."

"Hang on a minute!" Hoshi cries out, "Who's sitting next to Min-Ji?"

Twelve other hands shot up, they all looked around at each other with confused looks on their faces. Woozi smiles, "I'll be right back!"

A minute later her returns holding a plastic hammer and pot, "shall we?"

Wonwoo swipes the two items from Woozi's hands, "I bags first against Mingyu," he jogs over to a small side table and drags it from the wall. He places the pot and hammer. Joshua raises his hand, "can't I just -"

"No!" Wonwoo shouts, "It needs to be fair!"

Mingyu strolls over, "let's do this!"

The pair kneels on the ground and hover their fists over the table, "gawi bawi bo!" they both shout. Mingyu throws out rock while Wowoo dishes out a scissors. Mingyu quickly grabs onto the first thing he can get his hands on, the pot, and donks Wonwoo's head with it. Wonwoo, who grabbed the hammer by mistake, brought it down onto Mingyu's head shortly after Mingyu hit him with the pot. Wonwoo cries out, "Hey!" he wacks him with the hammer again.

"Ouch! It was an accident!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever let's go again," Wonwoo places the hammer back down on the table. The door to the room slid open and in stepped Eun followed by Jonathan. They all freeze, wide eyed and clearly acting like they've been caught in the middle of an illegal act. Eun chuckles and strolls over to the long boardroom table. She took a seat beside the head of the table. In a fury of whites and blues the thirteen of them scramble to towards Eun. Jonathan clicks his tongue. He places to fingers near his mouth and whistles, loud enough to make everyone in the room stop what they're doing. "What's going here?" He chuckles.

One sly Joshua uses the distraction to slide into the seat beside Eun. He places a hand on her shoulder. Jonathan points back to the two, "all of you have such a short attention span," he sighs. The group grunts and each of them does to take their seats. Jonathan does the same. He clears his throat to silence the couple clusters of chatter. "The CEO has further discussed promotions with various people within the company. Previously it was discussed that Min-Ji's addition to the group would be kept secret. However, after further review he deemed it more than appropriate to include her in our promotions in whatever way possible." The room fills with applause and cheers. "I am of course thrilled by this, I realise that the fans connection to artists prior to their debut is extremely important. That's why we will be filming a Christmas special, including Min-Ji as a tool to formally introduce her. In addition to this..." Jonathan pulls a pile of papers from his briefcase and pushes them down the line, "The CEO has issues Min-Ji's next challenge. As you can see, he has asked her to teach you all the choreography for her self produced song, Just one more time. This needs to be done with the remaining time today. I understand that this is such as short time period, so Min-Ji, please work your hardest, and the rest of you, be sure to listen carefully to Min-Ji. This performance will be used in the taping to introduce Min-Ji and her skills. I'll be at the dorm bright and early to wake you all up but I would appreciate if you would set your alarms regardless, 6 am should be fine. Stylists will be coming to help you prepare. Min-Ji, I'd also like it if you would stay in the dorm tonight. I'll arrange for your things to be brought over. Are there any questions?"

Hoshi raises his hand, "why is the CEO making her teach us choreography when she's still injured?"

"I am unaware of his reasoning, perhaps her believes this will aid in her recovery. Anything else?" he asks. The members shake their heads. "Good, you have much work to do, I'll be in the studio in a few hours to take orders for lunch. Get going!" Everyone scrambles out of the room, Eun trailing behind.

Sometimes it seems like the whole world is against you when it's only yourself who stopping you from taking on the world.