Chapter 2

Current date of story: 2014,, November 25th, a Tuesday

I unlock the door leading to my dorm and walk inside. I have this massive place all to myself...two bedrooms, one bathroom, huge kitchen, recording studio and a massive living area to practice dancing in. I should be over the moon that I have all this space...But I get lonely when I'm all by myself. Usually trainees will stay at their own homes or room with other trainees regardless if they're in a group or not. I don't have a place of my own, not anymore anyways, and I have no clue who my parents even are...I've stayed with foster families all my life. When I was thirteen I made a huge decision. I wasn't happy in L.A. I wanted a change of scenery as it were. I talked to my quote on quote 'manager' at the child agency and convinced him to send me to Korea. At that time I was practically in love with K-pop. I wanted to move so I could 'hone' my skills. A family in Korea took me in and raised me as if I were their own daughter. I went through school and worked hard at my semi full-time job before I finally got to audition. I had to leave school early but it was worth from my point of view, even if I haven't debuted yet. Since I turned eighteen I know longer needed foster parents. So, I moved into the dorms. There currently aren't any other female trainees so that's why I'm by myself. I dump my bag on the couch and make my way to the bathroom. I take my time to shower and use the toilet.

The recording room is just how I left it last night, paper scattered everywhere and a few coffee mugs sitting on the table. I pick up a pencil and turn to my freshly written lyrics.

Woah~ oh~
Every night, I look up to the sky
And see you
I recall all those memories...
I just wish I could forget...

We used to be the best of friends
And now what's left of us?
Shadows cloud my judgement
I should be better than this
I can't help but want you back...

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...
Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...
Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

Lyrics by Ruby Beyer (Author)

There's really nothing to change...I love the lyrics so much! They just came to me one night. An musical epiphany of sorts. I guess I should try adding in some music? I pull out my guitar and some sheet music. Something slow would be best but I reckon it could pick up a bit during a couple of sections.

I spend a good couple of hours going through a trial and error process before I'm finally happy. It took so long just to do the guitar part. I still wanted to add a little piano and maybe some electric music as well. I sigh and look at the digital clock hanging by the door. 6:00. Time for dinner I guess. I sigh loudly and storm out of the practice room into the kitchen.

I open the fridge and freeze. My phones ringing. I pull it out of my pocket. Jonathan's calling. I take in a quick breath and answer the call.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Ah! Ms Hong! I'm glad you picked up. I have some news! I spoke to the CEO and he's agreed to let you audition. And if you pass he has a group in mind!"

"Omo! Jinjja?" I jump and down.

"Yes. Now regarding the audition, it will be held on Friday. The CEO would like you to sing/rap a song and then dance to a song. He would also like to hear you play violin, piano and guitar. It will be a long process but I'm sure it will be a bit of fun!"