Chapter 21

Current date of story: 2nd of December 2014, a Tuesday

Min-Ji P.O.V

I wake to a stinging feeling on my right cheek. I place a hand over the stinging pain and glance up to see Joshua, a fuming Joshua. Tears stained his face and anger danced in his eyes. His hand is raised, poised to slap my face. I sit forward, panting. He holds out his phone, my eyes widen when my eyes scan over the screen. He's seen it. Next thing I know, he's screaming, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"How come I didn't know about this? Why didn't you tell me?"

I stare blankly at him, not knowing what to say.

"Nothing to say?", he bites his bottom lip and nods, "and by the way, I heard from Jonathan that you got an offer from BigHit, word of advice, take it, I don't want you around anymore," in his rage his flings my crutches across the room, making me flinch. He fled from the room, the door slamming behind him so hard that the walls shook. My breathing is still ragged, uncontrollable. I slumped back down onto the bed and cried. Sleep washed over me.

The shaking of my shoulders jolted me from my sleep. Joshua peered into my eyes and tilted his head to the side upon noticing my confusion. I blinked a few times, examining the calmness and kindness that Joshua's face seemed to express. I shot up into a sitting position and scooted further away from Joshua.

"Are you okay? We have a meeting soon..."

I blinked a few more times. I look over to the end of the bed and see my crutches upright. A dream...it must have been a dream. I nod slowly, "fine, I'm fine."

He smiles and nods, "good, get changed and come out to eat."

T.P.V

Jonathan sits in an empty conference room with his phone pressed to his right ear. "Yes, she left late last night, I'll pick her up at lunch-yes she was on the quickest flight, I do wish that you would have some faith in me-Min-Ji should be here then, yes-okay no need to get your knickers in a twist, everything has been taken care of," Jonathan is interrupted by the door bursting open and 14 noisy young adults. He hurriedly ended his call and shoved his phone in his pocket. Everyone took a seat around the large table, he noted that Min-Ji seemed to make an effort to distance herself from Joshua, odd, he thought, but smart considering their earlier conversation. Once everyone had settled down, Jonathan began speaking, "I trust you all have had a pleasant sleep...regarding why I called this meeting, we have a few things to discuss. One of them being your debut date...I'm sure you're all eager to discuss this," he smiled at the fourteen...no thirteen bright and shining faces. Min-Ji looked simply...gloomy. "The CEO and I have determined the date of your debut which is scheduled for the May 26th next year. It's still a far way away, however I hope that you will keep working as hard as you have been. Second thing on our agenda...promotion. Seventeen TV was of course a huge success but we will need to continue spreading the word. This, as much as I hate to say, will not include Min-Ji, the CEO thought it best to make her addition a surprise to pre-existing fans." A few of the boys hung their heads and frowns now adorned each of their faces. Jonathan continued, not bothered by the sticky feeling of sadness that loomed in the air, "Now's the time to begin producing your debut track, we have hired"-

Jihoon jumped up from his hair, "no need, while the CEO was holding us back, a few of us took an interest in composition and choreographing. We'll let you know if we need help," his tone was blunt and assertive, something Jonathan didn't often see in him.

"That's all well and good, Jihoon, but we need to make sure"-

"I'll continuing working on it and we'll have a demo ready by the end of January."

Jonathan nodded, "very well. However if it is not to our liking, it will be scrapped. Go on and continue, I want you in the office till at least five, I'm sure Min-Ji could use some much needed bonding time."

Jonathan sat patiently on a highly unsophisticated black and silver chair that linked to many others. The airport was filled with the usual, foreigners spouting some nonsense that he couldn't understand, young couples attached to each other like glue, and many sat alone, buried and engrossed in whatever you tube video was trending. Jonathan was...intrigued by the vast diversity the airport housed in terms of clothing choices. Jonathan himself, was sporting his usual navy pinstriped suit, matched with a deep brown and burgundy tie. He prided himself in his sharp and somehow edgy style. Heads seemed to turn his way when he walked down the street, or at least he wished they would. Jonathan had always told himself that his face looked drab and tired, he told himself that what he lacked in looks, he made up for with his daring and flirty personality and his toned and muscular body. He sighed and glanced around the terminal. His eyes fall onto a familiar face. Jonathan smiles and approaches the young girl. He extends his hand towards her, "nice to see you again, Issi."

Min-Ji watched the boys carefully, Hoshi and a few others were in the centre of the studio mulling over various dance moves, Joshua, Jihoon and Vernon were in the corner while the others were scattered around the room, apart from Minghao who was seated beside her on the floor, propped up against the wall. Joshua held his guitar in the ready position as Jihoon furiously scribbled on paper. She turned to Minghao and spoke in Chinese, "Jihoon mentioned something about the CEO holding them back...do you known what he means?"

He tapped his long, slender fingers on his knee, "I know what he's talking about but...well I didn't join until earlier this year. Seventeen has been a group for three or more years and they're yet to debut, I'd think it would be something to do with that."

Min-Ji nodded her head and returned to speaking Korean, "Want me to help with your Korean," she hoped he had understood.

He replied, returning to Korean as well, "if that's okay."

The two of them then spent hours working on his pronunciation and character work. No one dared bother them.

Joshua had watched Min-Ji and his half-friend laugh and giggle in a language he barely knew. Min-Ji had spent a few hours assessing and improving Minghao's Korean, which now, sitting in a circle with the whole group, found that her efforts made a huge difference. Minghao seemed confident and outspoken, which was...confusing for Joshua. Being born in Los Angeles, he had little experience when it came to reading and writing Korean, he wasn't terrible at it, but still struggled. In this way, he half understood Minghao's struggle, but couldn't claim that he did struggle like he seemed to. But now...Min-Ji has completely changed him in a matter of hours. Despite this, he hated seeing the two of them so happy together. He knew he shouldn't feel like that, if he was being honest, he didn't know why he felt like this.

Jonathan watched as the young girl moved around the studio with a beautiful and head-strong attitude. He smiled in a devil like manor. Her brown hair featured an auburn ombre effect. Her dark, chocolate brown eyes flickered with determination and grit. Footsteps sounded behind Jonathan who turned to see CEO Bang, he smiled once more, "thank you for coming..." Jonathan says in the midst of a sigh. The CEO remains silent, carefully watching the girl move across the floor. Jonathan moved his head so that his lips were merely inches from the man's ear,

"I have an offer for you..."