Chapter 51 Part 1

Current Date of Story: December 24th, 2014, a Friday (Christmas EVE)

Issi's snaps back to reality as Namjoon snaps his fingers right in front of her face. "You okay?" he asks. She smiles, "yes, thank you."
"No problems. Jungkook should be back soon, he had an appointment. We should all talk about what's happening tomorrow. We should get out and do something fun," he chuckles a little. Issi shoves the card into her pocket and follows Namjoon to the kitchen table where the other members are seated. As if on cue the front door opens and Jungkook appears at the table. Issi rests her chin on her hand. The members talk around her, she pays little attention to what they were saying. "We need to do something really fun tomorrow!" Jimin shouts.
"I agree, maybe we should go do karaoke or something!" V suggests.
Namjoon nods a little, "we could do that during the night perhaps, I think we should go for lunch though, really sit down and enjoy ourselves you know?"
Suga smiles brightly, "I like that idea."
"Sounds great," the makne beams. "Issi?"
"Huh?" she replies.
"Come with me for a minute?"
"Sure." Issi follows Jungkook into his room. He drops onto the bed and questions, "what's going on? You're out of it." Jungkook, despite his young age, has an uncanny ability to notice one's distinct awkwardness or distance. Issi grunts, knowing she can't really hide much from him. She pulls the card from her pocket and hands it to Jungkook. "Chris Bang," he says, his confusion front and center. "Who is he?"
Issi stands a meter away from Jungkook , folding her hands together. "He was one of my closest friends back in Sydney. Our families were tighter than any relationship. Suddenly he disappeared. I didn't see him for weeks and months. I got worried, and so did my parents. We visited their house...they had sold it. We called and emailed and messaged, but got no answer. He just disappeared from my life, without saying anything. It hurt me so so much. I saw him again today, by chance. He wanted to explain to me why he left. But...I didn't want too. I'm second guessing myself."
Jungkook passes the card back to Issi. "If he already hurt you once, there's no guarantee he won't do it again." He stands and grabs her hand, "Don't trust him, Issi. Trust me." She looks up at him, her chest tightening a little. He pulls her forward and wraps her in a tender embrace.  "Rely on me and the boys, you don't need anyone else."
"I know I don't," she says, snuggling I to his warmth, "I just...I miss him Jungkook. I remember how he made me feel so alive and...free. I've yearned that feeling for longer than you know."
"You'll get that feeling again, I promise. Whether it's from me or someone else, it doesn't have to be him." He strokes her hair gently.
"Can you do me a favour?" Issi asks, pulling away from him.
"Of course."
"Would you be able to convince joonie to let me invite a couple friends out for lunch tomorrow?"
"Sure, I can do that."

Seventeen floods into the dorm, each separating into small groups to do god knows what. Joshua, who was already present in the dorm is splayed out on the couch in the living room. In his mind he feels such regret, hatred and plain lust. He doesn't understand, can't comprehend what had made him flip like he had. He hated himself for saying those things to Eun. He wanted nothing more than to feel her warmth and arms around him. But whenever he comes near her that want just...evaporates. And he can't for the life of him figure out why. He just doesn't know.

Jeonghan takes the container on the counter into the room where Eun sleeps. He places it onto the side table. He pulls the thermometer from his back pocket and puts it to her ear. She stirs and opens her eyes, but doesn't say anything and Jeonghan takes her temperature. "It's completely normal. You should be up and about by now."
Eun says nothing, and doesn't move.
Jeonghan looks at her face, no full with colour. "I know what happened to you is shocking and truly awful, I do. But as a trainee and soon to be idol, you need to push through those emotions, that's what idols do. They always put on their best performances. Right now, it looks like you're giving up your dream. Do you really want to do that? Show your father that you mean business, and that you're not easily shaken." She remains silent until he says, "your mother wouldn't have wanted you to cower. Excuse my bluntness, but that letter spoke to me, your mother died with you in mind. She must have fought for you. Are you really going to let her death be in vain?" Her eyes widen at his words, rage begins to boil in her stomach, but she realises that he's right, that she can't cower. She moves to a sitting position with ease, strength obviously had returned to her body. But it wasn't just physical, her mental will and power had suddenly returned. Jeonghan took this rush of human gut as a sign to vanish. Eun remained in her bed, but she was fighting.

Jonathan strolls into the apartment, his usual gait more prominent than usual. "Afternoon gentlemen, where may I ask is the fair maiden of the house?" Jeonghan points down the hall, "in her room."
"Thanking you greatly," Jonathan says, bowing a little. Jonathan knocks before swinging the door open wide. Eun smiles at him as he enters, hiding her shrinking mental pain. Jonathan nods and smiles. "Nice to see you in good spirits flower. I heard you've been quite ill?"
Eun nods, "nothing I can't handle."
"I'm glad to hear it. I got a call from the rehab center saying that you didn't make it there the other day for your checkup so I got worried."
"Oh...I'm sorry I forgot."
"No issues there I'm just glad that you're okay. May I ask what's wrong with Joshua?"
Eun tilts her head to the side in questions.
"He was lying on the couch when I arrived, he seemed a bit down is all."
"Can you send him in for me?"
"I'd be happy to," Jonathan smiles.

Joshua appears in the room a minute later, a sullen expression on his face. Eun watched him carefully as he sits on the bed opposite her. She can feel the nervous energy surrounding him. "Jonathan said you wanted to see me?" he spoke in a voice that makes Eun feel that she's being avoided. "Why are you being distant?"
He sighs, "I'm not...trying to be." He looks over her, "you seem better?"
"Mm, you can thank Jeonghan for that." Eun purses her lips, "is there something you want to ask me?"
Joshua gets up from the bed and steps closer, "can you tell me what happened?"
Eun says nothing, instead she slides open the draw beside the bed and pulls out an envelope. She hands it to him. Joshua takes the letter from inside the envelope and scans his eyes over the print. He drops the letter next to him and places a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, I had no idea, if I did I wouldn't have-"
"Don't worry about it, I'm fine."
He sits beside her, touching his shoulder to hers.
"You know, I never wanted to hurt you, or Jungkook, or V, or anyone. My whole goal in life is to make everyone around me smile and make them happy. I want to be the one to give others hope."
In that moment, after hearing those words spill from her mouth, he felt warmth tingle in his blood, he felt a spark emanating from her shoulder through to his. He took in a sharp breath. "Eun can I-" he pauses for a moment. "Can I hug you?"
She gives him a questionable look but nods. Joshua wraps both arms around her, his breathing increases as he feels that electricity that he had lost. The intense feeling of need and want rushes back into his system, stronger than before. It's as if he remembered why he loves her. He recalls that she has the most delicate soul, that her heart and mind are pure. "Josh are you okay?" she says, addressing his heavy breathing. "I'm great actually." He pulls back, stopping mere centimetres away from her face. His breathing remains shaky. He places a hand on the side of her face. "I'm so sorry. I love you, so much."
She smiles, "I love you."
He chuckles, thinking why he ever lost this feeling. He leans in a little closer, touching his forehead to Eun's. "Can I kiss you?"
She nods. Joshua places his other hand on her other cheek and dips her head upwards, connecting her lips to his. The fire he so desperately craves pumps through his veins and floods his very being. Her lips are cracked yet still soft and full. He missed her, didn't know how badly he had. Eun pulls away, rubbing his shoulder, "you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah, I'm just happy," he smiles.
"Good, I need to talk to the boys real quick."