Chapter 6

Current date of story: 28th of November 2014, a Friday

I stare at Joshua in shock. M-me? Join Joshua's band? No way!

My breathing is quick but a I manage to speak, "That's...that's impossible! A-are you sure?"

"P-positive...look for yourself." He hands the phone over to me.

"Hey Josh!! So guess what? WE'RE GETTING A NEW MEMBER!!!! Awesome right?!?! And you know what's even better? IT'S A GIRL!!! I seriously cannot wait to meet her! Anyway, her names Hong Min-Ji. How cool is it that she has the same last name as you? Apparently she speaks like eight different languages...that is out of this world! Oh and Joshua we reeeallllyyyy need you back here mate. Text me plzzzz."

"That means I'll be the only girl..."

"I'm not saying I don't want you in our group but...just take a moment to think about it...A couple of the boys...they're a bit ah, I don't know how to put this...girl crazy? I don't want you to be put in a situation where you're uncomfortable. I want you to be happy."

I respond without hesitation, "I have to do this. Like I've said, this could be my last chance."

He nods his head, "I have to go, I'll see you later." He drops my bag next to me and places a kiss on my forehead, making me flush up.

"B-Bye."

He smiles and walks down the hallway. He shuts the door behind him. I sigh and slump down further into the couch. I feel like pulling my hair out. First he...first Joshua kissed me, then I found out I'm going to need surgery and then I get a big old slap across the face when I hear that I'm joining Joshua's group. What's your bet that I'll end up being labelled as a slut? I reckon the odds are pretty high. I have to try and focus my mind on the positives. I've made it, I'm going to debut, providing that the surgery works out . I rub my eyes before reaching for my phone. I open my messages to see one from an unknown number, and sure enough-

Dear Ms Hong,
I am sending this message to inform you that you have been accepted here at Pledis Entertainment and passed your audition. You will be joining a group called 'Seventeen'. I believe you have already become acquainted with Joshua, I would like to arrange a time for you to meet the other members. I understand that you have experienced a traumatic injury. As of now I am unaware of the full extent of your injury, I would like to be informed of this. Of course you will need to terminate any pre existing contracts with BigHit Entertainment. If the nature of your injury requires extra attention or treatment Pledis Entertainment will cover the full cost of this, we have trust that your talents will be put to good use. We will discuss a contract draw up on a later date.

I give you my best wishes.

I hold my phone loosely in my hand. Seventeen huh? I sigh. The next years of my life will be an absolute roller coaster.
"I guess I better let him know about the surgery..." I take out my phone and craft a simple message to send back to the CEO.

Thank you for your message. I'm overjoyed to hear this news. I have severely torn a ligament in my left foot and will be required to undergone a ligament reconstruction. I do not know when I will have this surgery just yet.

Thank you, Hong Min-Ji

I turn off my phone and chuck it to the other side of the couch. My mind wanders back to the kiss I shared with Joshua. What will happen now? I have a boyfriend...I-I have to choose between them. I don't know if I can do that. Joshua...he makes me smile. I've only known him for less than a week and I'm feeling this way. And yet I've been with Jungkook for a good year now. I let out a moan and hop my way over to the fridge, grabbing my phone. I sigh when I open it to see nothing but a bottle of milk and water. I can't really go shopping right now...I guess it's fruit again for me. I grumble and grab an apple. My knee starts aching as I hop over to my bedroom. My phone chimes. It's Jungkook?

Hey Min-ji! Let me know when you're free!

I respond saying now's fine and fling myself onto my bed. I carefully turn onto my back and close my eyes. I wonder what he wants? Maybe something about his fans? I mean I wouldn't know, he tells me to avoid reading comments and even looking at anything on social media to do with the band. At first I thought that he was being a bit demanding of me, but after hearing stories from others I started to be thankful that he was being so wary. My phone screen lights up and my ringtone plays, I answer the call.

"Hey Jungkook!"
"Hey, how are you doing?"
"Well actually...not too good."
"What wrong? Did something happen??"
"Yeah, I'm going to need to have surgery on my ankle."
"Omg! Really? Do you need me to come back? Can I pay for the surgery?"
"No, no, you need to stay where you are. It hasn't been organised but...ah," I suck in a quick breath, "Pledis is going to pay for it...I got accepted."
"Wow that's great!" His voice is shaking slightly.
"You don't have to pretend to be happy. I know you're upset."
"You got me huh?"
"Mm. So what did you want to talk about?"
"I guess you don't know then. Right now we have a bit of a problem. Some of my fans...after the last fan meeting they've been getting really, well, mad. About our relationship. They're really scaring me. They want to hurt you Min-Ji. I was talking to Jin hyung...h-he thinks that we should break up."

My body fills with rage and yet at the same time...relief.

"Min-Ji? I...I think it's for the best...as you said we never see each other anymore. And I don't want you to get hurt."

I pull at my hair as the other end of the line remains silent.

"We can still be friends, right?"

I try so hard to say something...but nothing comes out.

"Bye. I love you."

The line disconnects.

Joshua P.O.V

I close the door behind me and lean against the wall. I sigh and mumble to myself.

"What am I going to do..."

My lips are still tingling with warmth. I rub my face with my hands and hit my head against the wall softly.
"This girl is driving me crazy."

__________________
Hey guys!
This ones a bit short so I'll try my best to get another one up soon. It's school holidays for me so I should have plenty of time! If you have any requests or thoughts about what should happen next feel free to message me privately or leave a comment!
Thanks for all your support
Josie💖💖