Chapter 4

Current date of story: 27th of November 2014, a Thursday

My hair is still dripping wet. I'm sitting at the dining table with my sketch book out, just staring at a blank page and twiddling a pencil with my fingers. Whenever I'm frustrated I do one of three things, take a shower, dance/sing or draw. I sigh and place my face in my hands. If I don't pass this audition I may never debut. I sniffle before putting my pencil to the paper. I start gently sketching out a heart. Making sure to make the veins stand out. I need to stop moping around. I finish my drawing and stare down at it. My heart...is full. My head...is full. My entire body...it's full with love, anxiety, and pain. I would be lying if I said that I'm fine. My life's a mess and honestly...I just want to cry it out. But I have to pull myself together. I stand up and run to my bedroom, grabbing my phone and earbuds. I run down the stairs and out onto the street.

I run for a solid half hour, the music blasting in my ears. I make my way back up the stairs as fast as I can. I throw myself onto my bed and let the darkness overtake me.

Current date of story: 28th of November 2014, a Friday

I wake to the sound of my alarm booming in my ears. I throw my pillow at it roughly, it crashes to the ground. Sunlight is pouring through the window, making me squint. I grunt and use se as much strength as I possibly can to get out of bed. I stalk over to my wardrobe and pull out some skins and I crop top. I slip them over my body and hobble over to the kitchen. I grab an apple and bite into it, the sweet juices fall down my throat and I smile. I grab my phone. 1 unread message. It's from Joshua...

"Good luck today, I know you'll do great. Maybe I'll see you there?"

I smile down at my phone like an idiot and type back my response, "Thanks Joshie, I hope to see you there too". I hit send.

I read back the message to my self. Hang on...did I really just do that? DID I REALLY CALL HIM JOSHIE. OML, I'm so stupid! I face palm myself and spin around in a circle. Now you've really done it. I curse under my breath. My phone chimes. I close my eyes as I open my phone.

"Joshie? I like it".

I take in a sharp breath. I shake my head back and forth before finishing the apple and grabbing up my things.

I take a short bus ride to the company. I stare up and the black\grey door before opening it and stepping inside. I walk down the hallway and round a corner. Somebody running at full speed slams into me, knocking me over, I feel my ankle twist and a wave of pain rushes it's way up my leg. I cry out and look up at the man. He smirks down at me before running off. I snarl and curse at him. I try to get up and put weight on my ankle but instantly fall back down with a thud. I wince.

"Min-Ji!" I hear Joshua shout from the end of the hallway. He wears a panicked expression on his face as he jogs over to my side. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He places a hand on my shoulder and peers into my face.

I shake my head, "M-my ankle."

He frowns and lifts my foot onto his knee. I wince again. "Sorry," he mutters. He carefully removes my shoe and runs his hands over my bare foot. "It's already starting to swell...what do you want to do." He looks at me in earnest.

A tear falls down my face, "I have to perform!"

He wipes the tear off my face with his thumb gently, "Don't cry...I know how much this means to you but...you're hurt. You can't dance like this. The best I could do is strap it up but-but even then it still wouldn't do much good."

I look at him with a stern look on my face, "Do it."

He nods, "Wait here." He runs off back in the direction he came from and appears a minute later carrying several tapes. "Do you mind?" he says gesturing to my foot. I shake my head. He takes my foot and places it in his lap after sitting down. He expertly layers the tapes tightly around my ankle and places my shoe back on. "You have to be careful, okay?"