Chapter 14

Current date of story: 30th of November 2014, a Saturday

T.P.V

Min-Ji is quiet while the doctor does several tests and speaks to her, most of his speach directed at Joshua who simply nodded along. He left the room after explaining that she'd have to stay in bed for a week before moving around and that she wouldn't be able to go home until then, not that she exactly had a home to call her own. She reached out for her phone but her fingers just fell short. Joshua smiled and handed the mobile to her. She didn't bother to say thanks, knowing that her gaze was enough to express her gratitude. She opened up her emails to find one from BigHit.

Dear Miss Hong Min-Ji,

We understand that you have signed with Pledis Entertainment. We were disappointed that we were required to be notified by Pledis rather than from you directly. As you may not have realised, your trainee contract has not ended. You are required to finish your further two years with BigHit.

Thank you,

BigHit Entertainment Admin

Min-Ji frowned at the screen in front of her. She held out the phone to Joshua who gave her a worried glance. He reads over the email carefully before placing the phone on the bed. He sighs and taps his finger on his thigh.

"You forgot, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did."

"Is there anyway out of it? Some kind of loop-hole in the contract?"

She shook her head weakly, "I wouldn't know, I never gave it a second glance when I signed it."

Joshua poked her forehead lightly, "you'd think you would with that giant head of yours."

She mumbles under breath, her speech barely audible, "of course you would say that..."

"What was that?"

"Ani, it's nothing."

"If you say so. I have to get back to the studio. I'll try and convince the doctor to let you put a few days earlier if you want, best to get properly acquainted with the boys sooner than later."

"Ye. I'll see you later."

Joshua ruffles her hair and strides out of the room. The silence in the room causes Min-Ji to groan. She hated silence, despised it even. Despite being in foster homes most of her life, she never liked being alone. It was just something she had to deal with on a daily basis. She would never get used to it, she didn't want to she told herself. The silence was sometimes suffocating. Alone, forever alone. That seemed to be her reality. Her mind wandered to Jungkook. She once thought that she could trust him with all her heart, but she was wrong. She wanted to believe that it was to keep her safe, that it was in her best interest to stay away. But her heart was still telling her he opposite. Joshua was the one that now made her heart pound. Jungkook had made her feel like that, maybe he still did. One fact remains the same, Joshua is her brother. She can't change that, no matter how much she wished she could. She pushed herself up into a sitting position. She gazed at the wall before turning to Spotify to distract her thoughts.

"Aish!"

Mrs Hong's heels clap on the hard concrete. Her fingers fiddle with her keys. She sighs heavily, "Lee Yi..."

Joshua places his hands together in a prayer position, "Please can't you let her go? I promise we'll take her of her!"

"Sir...please stop," the doctor pulls his hands apart forcefully, "she has a concussion now, I really don't think-"