Chapter 19

Current date of story: 1st of December 2014, a Sunday

I knew doing this would mean making some sacrifices, but losing Joshua is not one of them, if he were to find out what I had done, what I had intended to do. It wouldn't be good by any stretch. I glanced up at Joshua who had his eyes fixed on the TV. This connection that I felt between the two of us, I can't describe it. In a matter of a few days so much has happened. I've met so many new people, faced so many obstacles, are still facing so many. I can only describe it as a modern fairy tale gone horribly wrong. Thinking about it now, I hardly know Joshua. I drop my phone onto my stomach and fiddle with my ring. We're called seventeen, but I don't know why...there's not seventeen members. My curiosity grew as minutes went by. Not being able to wait any longer, I ask, "Joshua? Why are we called seventeen?"

He scratches his head, "Um it's kind of hard to explain, have you heard of Seventeen TV?"

Being raised in America, I had never been exposed to any Asian television programs, despite living in Korea for a couple of years now, I shake my head.

"Well we did five seasons of it, throughout this new members came and went, originally we were supposed to have seventeen members, but as you can see, it didn't turn out that way. Our manager, Jonathan we call him, came up with a reason we can tell fans."

"So what is it?"

"Uh well...it is kind of weird...," he scratches his head again, "It's because we have 13 male members, one female member and 3 units."

I smiled to myself and chuckled. "3 units?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah, forgot to mention that as well, we're split into three different units, hip hop, performance and vocal. Suengcheol, Mingyu, Wonwoo and Vernon make up the hip hop team. In performance we have Hoshi, Minghao, Dino and Jun. And finally in vocal it's myself, Woozi, Jeonghan, Seokmin and Suengkwan.

"And is there a leader yet?"

"At the moment it looks like it'll be Suengcheol."

I purse my lips for a few moments before saying, "I can see that." Secretly I was hoping it would be me, but as I had realised earlier, I hardly know them. I just kind of figured I would be seen as the mother hen, what with me being the only female. I know that being leader would or is tough, but that's a role that is held in high regard, and one that I want. A few more hours go by of the lot of us glued to our phones and the small sized tv. The door opens and my head snaps, the others remain in the same position. I force myself into a seating position just as Jonathan walks into the room. He smiles sweetly at me and then proceeds to frown when he see's the others, "My, my, look what we have here. Slacking are we? Min-Ji doesn't even have her things and you're just sitting here..."

The boys remain expressionless, not paying the slightest bit of attention, odd, I thought.

"No one? Well looks like its just you and me flower, come along."

Jonathan is his usual flirty self and charismatic self, I've only come across him three times now and...I can say that he has a personality that isn't easily forgotten. I grab my phone and push it into my dresses pocket. Joshua, finally becoming aware of his surroundings, passes me my crutches, "Do you want me to come with you?"

I ruffle his hair, "sure-"

"Actually, I'd like to take this opportunity to talk to Miss Hong privately, if that's okay with the both of you?"

I retract my hand, "I guess so. It won't take long to gather up my things, I'll be back in an hour or two."

"Okay, see you then," he squeezes my right hand gently.

I'm sitting in Jonathans car, twiddling with my thumbs and wishing I was somewhere else.

"Relax a little, you know I don't bite!" Jonathan laughs softly, "I understand that your...current situation, dare I say, is unique. As your manager I'm here to make things as comfortable for you as possible. Now you can say no...but the CEO has nominated you to be the leader. Previously it was decided that Suengcheol...but the CEO thinks that with your skill set you may be able to lead the team to victory! What do you say?"

Suencheol is probably already aware that he has been nominated...I wouldn't want to take that away from him, or from anyone. "What about...both Suengcheol and I lead the group?"

Jonathan smiles weakly, "I'm afraid that's not how things work my dear, but I will bring it up with the CEO tomorrow. This goes without saying, but dating is not allowed, do you understand flower? It has come to my attention that you are involved with both Jungkook and Taehyung, is that correct?"

My eyes widen a little and my heart skips not just one, but two beats. I breathe through my mouth to calm myself before responding, "Jungkook and I...we're not together anymore, and Taehyung...," I chew on my lip and swallow a cry, "we're just friends."

"And what about Joshua? You seem awfully close."

Despite my best efforts to remain calm, my brain trips into hyperdrive and alarms bells begin to go off. I should have been more careful...acted like I had only just met the boys, should have made my way straight out of the apartment without a word. Should have kept my distance. "We're...just closer than the others is all."

"I should hope so, we plan to surprise Seventeen fans with your arrival, so we can't have Joshua and yourself dating prior to your debut...but after that... maybe. And flower, I pray that you will get along with all the boys, not just Josh."

I stared at his eyes as if I were staring down the barrel of a gun, I could see he meant well, but at the same time, he was serious, deadly serious.

Joshua P.O.V

Well after Min-Ji left, I plugged my laptop into a speaker and hit play. This duet...is magnificent, it's like nothing else I've ever heard, ever sung. Her voice, its stunning, beautiful. The others just sat, and listened. No one uttered a single word, no one moved. I remembered that glorious, radiant smile that had adorned her face, the sparkle that had danced in her big, dark brown eyes. The way she seemed to pour her entire soul, her very being into her singing was etched into the back of his mind. The music slowly faded out along with her voice. The room was filled with and eerie, inescapable silence. Dino broke the thick air surrounding them with a soft and quiet inquiry, "Was that Noona?" The 15 year-old maknae was as shocked as everyone else in the room who slowly nodded in answer.

I shut the lid to my laptop and spoke, "This is a duet we did together earlier this week, she sung it for her audition." I glanced towards Woozi how was  stroking his chin in thought. Woozi moved his eyes to mine and nodded his head towards the computer, "can you send me the audio file?"

I gave him weird look and sighed, "I suppose so," knowing Jihoon he probably has something up his sleeve.

S.coups scrapes his chair across the floor and stands up, "Well, looks like we have a rising star on our hands. Jihoon...you've started piecing together our debut song right? I have something in mind. Originally...I was thinking Seokmin but..."

Jihoon smiled and winked, "way ahead of you."

Min-Ji P.O.V

I opened the door to my dorm and was greeted by a familiar face. CEO Bang.

Hey Guys!
Soooo I decided to make my own version of Seventeens manager! I thought, I donno, this type of personality would work well? Let me know what you guys think I could reall use your help! As always thanks for all your support!
Thanks,
Josie💖