Chapter 23

Current date of story: 2nd of December, 2014, a Tuesday

Issi marches back into the studio, followed by Min-Ji. The boys are still in the same circle. Min-Ji inches forward, "Issi needs to go to the bathroom, Jo-"

"I'll do it!" To Min-Ji's surprise, Vernon shoots up and jogs over to the two girls. "Follow me."

Issi smiles casually, trying her hardest not to seem over excited by the dashing young boy standing in front of her. They step out into the hallway. "Names Hansol, But you can call me Vernon if you like."

"Issi, but you already know that."

""Where are you from? You don't look Korean, hell you don't even look Asian," he said, obviously confused.

"One could say the same about you, Dicaprio." He shot over another confused look and halted.

"Dicaprio? Who the hell is that?"

Issi's mouth is hanging wide open and she blinks a few times, "you don't know who Leonardo Dicaprio is? You've got to be kidding me," she throws her hands up in the air.

"...should I know who that is...?"

"Yeah! You look like twins dude!" She hurriedly pulls out her phone, googles a picture and shoves the phone in his face. Both of Vernon's hands shoot to his face, "damn...no kidding."

"No kidding indeed Mr. Dicaprio..." She whispers under her breath, "I can't believe he didn't know."

Issi felt his breath in her ear, "I heard that..."

She jumped out of her skin and in the process slammed her head against Vernon's.

"Aish!"

Vernon let's out a quiet laugh and continues down the hallway, Issi scurrying after him.

Bang is leaning over his ornately modern desk, staring down at possibly the most important piece of paper in the companies history. Signing her...could send their profits through the roof. Not only would she provide a fresh, new face, but with her level of stamina, and breathtaking appearance...he's ought to have money rolling in by the bucket. A new solo artist wasn't on there agenda until recently, even then...he thought that maybe, just maybe, a boy group would suit her better...he put his pen to paper.

Once Issi had finished she walked back out into the hallway. Hansol was leaning against the wall with is eyes closed gently. She half gawked at the sight of him, she hadn't really realised how...how beautiful he was. The shine of his black-brown hair, small, subtly defined chin, and holy smokes his, well his whole face was just, breathtaking. His eyes fluttered open and he winked at her, "gonna stand there gawking all day or are we gonna head back?" He chuckles and pushes of the wall. She shakes her head back and forth.

When the pair arrived back in the studio Jonathan had his phone pressed to his ear. Min-Ji stood beside him biting her lip. Issi approached and whispered into her ear, "what's going on?"

She released her lip and gave Issi a wry smile, "he's talking to CEO Bang."

She nods and mouths and 'oh'. Issi knew how important this phone call was to her so she placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. Jonathan tapped a finger on either of the girls shoulders to separate them. He was smiling a satisfied smile, "no need to look so glum, Bang has decided that it is in his best interest to sign Issi. Congrats to you both."

The girls both squealed and jumped up and down in the air, Min-Ji using her crutches too push herself a few centimetres off the ground. The boys stared at them with a mixture of confusion and pure wonder in their expressions. Jonathan addressed the group and explained why Issi was here and why the two girls were acting like, quite honestly, complete bafoons. None of them seemed to be too bothered by the story and went about their business after Jonathan left the room with his usual, somehow sophisticated gait. Again, everyone dispersed in their own groups to do whatever fancied them. Issi and Min-Ji sat together, for a few moments there was silence, then, Issi asked Min-Ji a question that left her smiling, "what's Vernon like?"

Min-Ji inched closer, "you like him, don't you?"

"I never said that-"

"Oh but your expression said much more."

"I-okay well maybe a little-"

"Ha! I knew it! Hey did something happen? When you walked in you looked...really embarrassed," she winked.

"He may have caught me staring at him in the hallway...," she ran her fingers through her hair and slumped further into the wall.

Min-Jin let out a low laugh and moved her eyes to the ground, "it could've been worse."

Issi rolled her head across the wall, now peering at the others face, "No, it couldn't be worse."

"Oh but it could of."

"Try me," she narrowed her eyes.

"You could have walked out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to your shoe..."

Issi's eyes narrowed once more, "touché my friend, touché."

The conversation met its end and Issi announced that she had to leave, but not before shoving a piece of paper into Min-Ji's hands which written on it was her phone number.  Min-Ji couldn't stop smiling for minutes after she left, her personality was intoxicating, just the way she talked made her feel...bubbly and happy inside. Amidst the darkness that now seemed to shroud her life, Issi had chased that darkness away. But it seemed, despite her efforts, that that very same darkness was already beginning to creep its way back into her heart. Her eyes are fixed on a blank part of the wall opposite her, she didn't quite know what she was looking at. All she knew was that she needed to fight, needed to be rid of this injury that plagued her, and most of all, she wanted to live up to the expectations that have been set by the other members, Jonathan and the CEO. Joshua sat down beside her and waved a hand in front of her face. She snapped into attention and stared at him. "Doing okay?"

She shook her head and leant it gently against his shoulder.

"I suppose it's not something you'd like do talk about?"

Another shake of the head.

"Again, as cliché as this sounds, I'm here for you, I always will be. You know that right?"

A nod.

"Good. Oh and the doctor said he moved up the start of your rehab, he wants us to come in the day after next."

"Did he say why?"

He scratches the top of his head, "I may have mentioned your...situation to him."

She rolled her eyes and moved her head so that it rested in his lap. He fiddled with her luscious black hair as her eyes fell closed.

Mingyu watched in silently as Joshua ran his fingers over her hair. She looked so peaceful. But he knew, under that pretty skin of hers, there lay a thick layer of desperation and suffering. He felt bad for the girl, worried for her even. He had told himself, over and over again, since the day he felt the silky touch of her lips on his own, that she was taken, that she didn't love him, but loved Joshua. In a way, he was jealous of his friend, and wanted so bad to be the one stroking her hair and looking down on her baby like face.

Jonathan is sitting across from his own boss, tapping his fingers on his chairs arm, "It's all done, he signed Issi."

"Shame, isn't it, Issi's a great talent, I would have put her in seventeen as well," the CEO looked up from his computer.

"This is true, but there's a reason you wanted the flower to stick around, what is it, may I ask?"

"Many, many reasons."

"And what was one of them?"

He shook his head.

"Come now, just give me a little taste," Jonathan sat forward in his chair, eager to learn the truth.

The CEO sighed and shut the lid of his laptop, "She is of course, my beautiful daughter."

Heyy Guys! How'd you like that chapter? I had a lot of fun writing it😊 What do you all think if Issi? Thanks a billion for over 900 reads now!
Thanks!
Josie💖💖