Chapter 28

Current date of story, 4th of December, a Thursday

"You said that I could have my noodles back why-"

"Be my girlfriend."

Min-Ji stares into Joshua's eyes. "I'm sorry that I didn't ask you earlier, I'm stupid, I know."

She stands, anchoring her weight onto her good foot, shaking her head and laughing slightly, "it's fine."

His mouth next to her ear, he whispers, "do you remember what else you asked me to do?" his breath sent shivers down her spine. She shuddered, "kiss me?"

His nose brushed hers lightly as he nodded. He glanced down at her vibrant pink lips and placed a hand on the small of her back, the other lightly cupping her cheek. Her heart was racing and pounding in her chest. She moved her face ever so slightly closer to his. She waited, for three agonisingly long seconds before he smiled a second time and pulled her into him, sending shock waves through her system as his soft lips met her own. A fire ignited in her, in both of them, as Joshua pulled her closer into him, as he kissed her softly, slowly, deliberately. She moved her hands to his head and threaded her fingers through his black locks. He lifted her from the ground and gently placed her on a couch three meters from the table. He knelt over her, smiling once more before lowering his lips onto hers. Min-Ji relaxed into the couch, bearing half of Joshua's weight while his mouth moved on hers. Joshua wasn't usually like this, he'd never been like this, had never wanted anything so much. He pulled away from her mouth and spoke into her ear, "your noodles are getting cold." She yelped and slid from under him, hoping over to the table and practically shoving her face into the bowel of black bean coated noodles. Joshua rolled his eyes and shifted onto his back and chuckled, watching her quietly. He soon tilted his head, "I'll take that as a yes?"

She smiled behind her bowel of food and nodded. He moved to a sitting position and patted the spot next to him. She slid in beside him, resting her head on his warm shoulder.

Jeonghan strolled into the living room and asked the group seated on the couch, "where's Joshuji?"

Dino, turned to face him, cupping his face in both of his hands and leaning his elbows in the couch, "I saw him run out the door maybe a few hours ago," he chirped.

"Do you know where he went?"

The maknae shook his head.

"And Min-Ji?"

"Haven't heard from her hyung."

Jeonghan nodded and strolled towards his room. He sank down onto his bed and glanced at the white washed clock hanging on the wall, it read 9:30.

Joshua lay on the couch, blanket sprawled on top of him. He'd asked if he could stay. She reluctantly agreed but warned him that he'd be sleeping on the couch. He hadn't planned on it being any other way. He had carried her to the bedroom and left her there with the lingering warmth of his lips on hers. He had never smiled so many times in one day, and he loved it. He loved her. He was more than happy, he was ecstatic. His whole body was warm and felt as light as a feather. He had a girlfriend now, but to his dismay, couldn't really tell anyone. He so desperately wanted to show her to the world, wanted everyone to know that she was his and he was hers.

Min-Ji lay on her bed, bundled in the covers and surrounded by many useless pillows. She too was smiling, she too realised that she loved him. But she was clueless, love drunk more than anything else. She touched her finger to her lips which still tingled with warmth. Was she sure about him? Yes, more than anything else.