Chapter 38

Current date of story: the 18th of December, a Saturday

Min-Ji's P.O.V
I stare at my phone screen, spread across the bed and wrapped in several blankets. I shouldn't bet doing talking to him, Josh, I mean. Jonathan told me not to, that I wasn't allowed to. But here I am, smile plastered on my face and fingers pointed over my phone's keyboard. Joshua knew that we shouldn't be talking. But he doesn't care either. Besides my doctor, trainer and the random strangers that also use the rehab centres facility, I'm alone. None of my friends are here. I smiled at the thought. My friends. I had friends. It stupid. I know. But I didn't have friends growing up, not even in school. I chose to isolate myself, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done. Right now, I am just...happy. Happy, happy, and more happy.

Joshua: So what have you been up to today?
Min-Ji: Mm
Min-Ji: It's a secret.
Joshua: A secret
Joshua: Will I find out eventually?
Min-Ji: Why of course! I just hope you'll be happy with it
Joshua: It? So it's a present?
Min-Ji: No...
Joshua: I knew it! Were you doing Christmas shopping?
Min-Ji: Maybe...
Joshua: Laughing face
Joshua: You're a terrible liar, you know that right?
Min-Ji: Am I? I think I'm pretty good
Joshua: Nup, you're horrible, no doubt about it
Min-Ji: Bit blunt...
Joshua: Sorry *laughing face*
Joshua: How's your ankle?
Min-Ji: Still having some trouble but it's getting better. The doctors impressed
Joshua: Great to here, when can I see you?
Min-Ji: I'm not sure, probably not till later next week
Joshua: I'll be over in a couple of days then, I miss you
Min-Ji: I miss you too
Joshua: You should get some sleep, talk to you tomorrow
Min-Ji: Night Joshie
Joshua: Night, Eunie

Current date of story: the 19th of December, a Sunday

Min-Ji sat at her desk, writing about whatever popped I to her head. She had always wanted to start a blog type thing. Since she had nothing to do, she decided that now was the time. She wanted to focus on what music does to someone.

In the world of K-pop people judge idols heavily on a set of criteria that really shouldn't exist. The way they appear matters. The way they carry themselves matters. The way they talk matters. The way they're body is or isn't lean or muscles matters. The public insists, or unconsciously is, critical of anyone that doesn't meet this criteria. The music is what's really important. An idols voice must be soothing, heart shattering and beautiful all at the same time. An idol should help people realise their full potential, should make their fans feel good about themselves. They should help their fans discover their true selves, what they want in life, what they want to achiever in life, and what they want to be in life. A groups music should tell a story that comes from the heart. A story that has a beginning and end. And most importantly, it has to mean something. It has to show the world what we should be rejoicing or what we should be paying attention to. Like where one's heart lies, who really needs our support, and what we should fight for. The world is a horrible place. War plagues many countries and starvation impacts many others. Help and support is offered, but not enough. Twenty or so children are dying every minute. People are being bullied and ridiculed every day. And most of the time, it's our nearest and dearest. And we are unawares to their pain. Those people indulge in music, music that makes them feel loved, safe, and cared for. It's everyone's escape. It's an environment where any one person can express whatever they've been bottling up inside. Whatever they've been keeping to themselves, they can set free to the world in a beautiful, artsy form. No one truly means to hurt another. Deep down they will regret, whether they're aware of that fact or not. And that person, who is hurt. Will never really forget what happened to them, mentally or physically. However they find a way to ease the pain, they find a way to jump up and down in joy, glee, and pure happiness. K-pop and just music in general, can do that for everyone, if only the world realised what our artists are really doing for us. What they're unconsciously providing us. They're giving us a home. They're giving us somewhere to belong, somewhere that no matter where we are in this terrible world, we're home. We'll always be home.

She was smiling, but yet a tear could be seen, rolling down her cheek. Music had done wonders for her mental health. She wanted it to do wonders for others. She wanted to make music that could do that. And that was finally happening. She hit post and shut her laptop. The training has gotten easier, she has getting stronger everyday, she was so close to being able to dance and show everyone what she's capable of. She stretched out her arms and headed into her bedroom. She flopped onto the bed and sighed. She loved sleep and craved it every minute of the day. She fell asleep smiling.

Hey guys!
Sorry that this chapters a little short! The little passage for her blog was indeed inspired by Seventeens comeback! Seventeen is our home and it's where we thrive, and quite honestly we don't so enough for them, let's continue to support their livelihoods carats!! We're getting close to 3k reads thank you so much😊 Keep an eye out for the next chapter I will try my hardest to release it in the next few days!
Thanks
Ruby💖💖