Chapter 39

Current date of story: the 20th of December, a Monday

T.P.V
Min-Ji grumbled as the chime of her phone's ringtone ripped her from her dream. She grabbed at her hair and huffed. She was dreaming about his smile, and the daisies that paired so perfectly with his very being. She grabbed one of her many pillows and threw it across the room, "What an I even thinking?" she giggles, "who am I kidding he's gorgeous." She heard a faint knocking noise and jumped to her decent foot. She hopped her way out of her room and up to the door. Leaning against the wall, she unlocked the door. Joshua stood in the doorway, arm outstretched and fingers wrapped around a large bouquet of daisies. Min-Ji smiles devilishly and grabs the flowers from his hand.

Joshua carefully prepared tea for the both of them, not quite boiled water as Min-Ji has instructed him and one sugar because she wasn't dieting that hard. He carried the cup over, pleased that he hadn't spilt any, and presented it to Min-Ji.
"Thanks," she said, bringing the cup to her lips.
"It's nothing," he replied with a smile.
For a few moments they sat in silence, warming their hands with the hot tea. "Jonathan told us that you would be ready to go halfway through January, is that true?"
Min-Ji nods, "Yeah. I should be fine by then. Maybe earlier if I keep the treatment up on a daily basis."
Joshua places his cup on the coffee table. "I did a little digging, I guess. For your type of injury, after surgery recovery time is anything from two to four months. I just don't believe that you can be ready next month."
"You don't think I can do it?"
He folded his hands together, "I know you're a fighter. But I just...it's not something you should force."
"So you don't want me to debut with the group?"
He strokes her hair softly, "I simply want want your body to be at its best. I don't want to see you hurt again."
"I want so badly to debut. So, so badly. I'll do anything. I'll endure anything. And because I'm fighting so hard, I'm getting better quicker than anyone else would."
"I know you want it. I can see it in your face. But please, don't rush it. Take your time, and the. I my when you're ready, should you join us."
She took another sip of tea, "There's no need to take my time. I want what I want. And I'll do anything to get there."
"I'm not trying to stop you, goodness knows what'd happen to me if I did, I'm only making sure you're prepared for any repercussions. Rushing this could be bad," he places a hand on her shoulder.
She sighs, "I know that. The doctor says it'll be fine. All I can do is trust him."
"Then I'll trust you."

"I have something to show you, wait here."

She got up and retrieved one of her many sketchbooks. She chucked it onto Joshua's lap and plonked back down onto the couch.

"What's this?" he asked.

"One of my sketchbooks."

"I didn't know you drew?"

"Mm it's become a hobby of mine."

Joshua opened the book. His own face started back at him, his hint of baby fat shining as if she had purposely made it blatantly obvious. He ran his finger over the composition, marvelling at every tiny, minuscule detail etched into the paper. Each pencil like was deliberate, defined and perfectly matched with shade and light. And his eyes somehow reflected the intrigue that often danced in his eyes. It was quite simply, him. He turned page after page. On each was his face, some included his whole body. Many showed him smiling, surrounded by flowers, their petals the only hint of colour in every drawing. He turned one more page. He was lying over her in this picture. He felt a sense of dája vouz as his eyes scanned over the pure attraction that sparked between the two subjects. Despite it being a a drawing...it has dimension, it had life to it. It wasn't a simple sketch, it was full, it caught the eye in every way possible. He had himself propped up with one elbow. His fingers paused on her hair. Her smile so closely resembled her actually glowy and wide grin. He looked up and met her eyes. "These are amazing...why did you draw them?"

"I have a lot of spare time on my hands. And I like drawing you. You have such a nice face."

Joshua giggles, "thank you. For showing me this."

"I have one more thing to show you," from behind her back, she pulls out something from behind her back. She pushes a leather covered book into his hands, "open to the bookmark."

He did just that. On the page was once again another pencil drawing. All the members of seventeen were etched in the paper, smiles gleaming, happiness pouring out of the paper. Joshua smiles and runs his finger over Min-Ji's face. "You're a nice addition, to the team I mean."

"I don't know, it just seems like I'm in the wrong place."

"Not at all, the boys all adore you. One actually loves you," he smirks and places a light kiss onto her cheek.

"Are you sure they like me?"

"One hundred percent sure. Have to even seen them? They're fawning over you."

"Shouldn't you be worried?"

He chuckles, brining his hand up to cover his mouth. "Don't worry, I'm very much concerned."

"I don't just draw people," she said, leaning over and flicking a few pages, "I draw animals, buildings, nature, random objects, anything that catches my eye really."

"You really are amazing, in every possible way."

"You've said that already, it's getting old."

"How about unique?"

"Mmm...No that makes me sound weird."

"I thought you liked weird?"

"Yeah that's true but its a more defined weird."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing important."

"What about spontaneous?"

"Eh, I don't mind it."

"How about I call you mine?"

She falls onto her back in a fit of laughter.

"Was it too much?"

She shakes her head, "No, but for a second there, "she says in between breaths, "you sounded like a cop or something," she clutches her stomach.

Joshua launches on top her, "I was being serious," he lifts a brow.

Part 2 will be added to this chapter tomorrow because I totallyyyy didn't forget to write and then run out of time...not at all.... <pt 2 has been added>
AND BTW
WE'VE HIT 3K VIEWS I AM ON THE FLOOR CRYING. NOT JOKE. I AM SO HAPPY RN THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH
Ruby💖💖