Chapter 12

Current date of story: 29th of November 2014, a Saturday

T.P.V

Min-Ji lay curled in a small ball, her daggy hospital gown soaked in salty tears. For ten minutes she mulled over what could have been the biggest mistake of her life. An impulse, she told herself, that's what she'd tell him...if he ever talked to her again. She rolled onto her back and held her hands out to make a triangle. She squinted at the light that poured through the triangle. Her hands dropped to her side, a thudding noise echoing through the empty room. She began to count in Chinese. This was the only thing that kept her calm. The only thing that tied her to the ground. Yī, èr, sān, over and over again.

Meanwhile Joshua remained slumped against the wall outside her room. His light grey shirt turned dark with his own tears. He could hear her, her counting. The very sound of her voice was intoxicating, beautiful. He trotted down the hallway, his eyes fixed on his destination. A force slammed into the side of him, a woman ran past him, just for a second, he saw Min-Ji. But no, it wasn't her, no cast adorned her leg. He froze and watched the mysterious girl sprint across the tiled floor. He shook his head and slapped is cheek.

"Snap out of it!" He continued down the hallway, head forward and arms swinging at his side.

S. Coups paces up and down in the living room, power in his stride and with clenched fists.

"Why on earth is he back yet??" He stomps his foot onto ground in anger, "Vernon!"

Vernon looks up from his phone, lollipop in plastered on the inside of his mouth, "Mm?"

"You texted him right?"

Vernon smiled innocently, "Of course I did!" He turns away slowly before frantically sending a text to Joshua. "He hasn't responded yet tho," his voice an octave higher than usual.

"Well let me know when he does okay?"

"Yeah sure, sure."

At that instant the door clicks open and a tired Joshua strolls into the dorm. S. Coups scurries up to him, "Where were you! You didn't tell anyone where you went! Vernon even sent you a message!"

Joshua gave a confused look, "no he didn't..."

Vernon slid low into the couch. "He did, he told me he did."

Joshua scratches the back of his neck, "I'll check for you then..." he grabs out his phone and shows S. coups. Vernon does his best to quietly tip-toe past them.

"Hey! You only sent it a minute ago!"

"A-ah I just remembered I have...that thing...gotta go!" Vernon sprints down the hall.

S. Coups balls his fists again and makes after Vernon. Joshua chuckles and smiles to himself, once again realising how much these goofballs meant to him. He made his way down the hallway to the bathroom and slipped inside. He spent a few minutes in the shower letting the cold water bring tension to his muscles. He shakes his head, droplets of water fall to the towel laid out neatly on the ground. He strolled into his room, seeing Jeonghan lying on his bed with his phone merely centimetres away from his face. Joshua reaches into the closet and pulls out a plain white tee. He slides it over his head before sitting down onto his bed, the crusty towel scratched against his bare skin.

Sensing the tension in the room, Jeonghan pipes up, "What happened? You were gone for god knows how long," he throws his phone to the end of the bed and turns to face Joshua.

Not wanting to burden his friend Joshua speaks timidly, "Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Well I wasn't really but now I am...you don't have to tell me but you look more depressed than usual."

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean?"

Jeonghan chuckles and Joshua's response and claws at his stomach. In attempt to mock Joshua he responds, "Nothing, don't worry about it."

Joshua grumbles and crosses his arms in disgust.

"Hey come one I'm only joking around!"

Joshua wasn't in the mood for humour. He quite honestly felt like sleeping for at least a week. His body ached from constant practice and an everlasting headache pulsed violently. Ignoring Jeonghan and the other members pouring into the room, he slips under the covers and closes his eyes tightly.

Current date of story: 30th of November 2014, a Saturday

Min-Ji awoke to a feeling of nausea. She groaned and pulled out her iv. Her arms shook as she lowered herself onto her one good foot. She used a couple of chairs to reach the bathroom without using to much effort. Bile surged in her throat just as she reached the toilet. A clear substance spilled from her mouth. She sobbed quietly. The tips of her hair were soaked in whatever liquid she was hurling up. Her vision was blurry and the acid burned her throat like a raging fire. The wall of hair in front of her face suddenly disappears. A gentle hand rubs against her back in circular motions. For minutes she continued to hurl her guts up while the stranger remained silent. Thinking she was finished, she took her hand of the toilet and looked behind her. She remembered him as the angel of the group, his hair was tied back this time, making him seem more masculine. He smiled wryly and patted the top of my head.

She whispered softly, "Jeonghan?"

He nodded and his smiled widened, "You remembered!"

She nodded, "You're the angel." Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth.

He laughed, "Yeah, I suppose I am. Hey that can be my nickname!"

She nodded.

"Let's get you back into bed." He lifted her into his arms. A wave of nausea hit her square in the face and before she knew what was happening, the same clear substance spilled from her mouth again. Jeonghan stood their as still as a statue, his eyes and mouth wide open.

"S-sorry...I didn't mean to."

Her voices snapped him back into reality, "N-No that's okay! I'll call the doctor..."

He strolls over to the bed and places her carefully onto it. He looks around the room and rummages through cupboards. Out of one he pulls out a small bowel. He places it on her stomach, "I'll be back soon."

After a few minutes Jeonghan returns, doctor in toe. The doctor looks over her with a slightly worried look on his face. He sticks the IV in. He placed some pills on the bed side table and instructed her to take them every four hours or so, painkillers she guessed. He then asked her numerous routine questions, all which she answered with slurred speech. He left her and Jeonghan alone in the room.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Ah...you see Josh-I was asked to come."

"Joshua asked you to come?"

"W-well yes...but you...weren't supposed to know that," he hangs his head and awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"I realise that I made a mistake. I do. I shouldn't have acted that way. It was an impulse reaction. I'm hurting."

"Would you like me to tell him that?"

She takes a moment to think. She did want him to know that but wouldn't it be better to tell him herself? She shook her head. She didn't have the guts for that. "If you wouldn't mind, yes."

He nods and pulls out his phone. A blanket of silence wraps around her.

Jeonghan stands, his chair scraping across the floor. "Didn't even need to...he's already here."