Chapter 20

Current date of story: 1st of December 2014, a Sunday

His gaze is like a raging fire, burning my very soul. I stare blankly, not knowing what to say or how to react. He smiles kindly, innocently. His voice is both clean and rugged, "It's nice to see you again, Miss Hong. Come, take a seat," he extends his hand towards the couch. I eye Jonathan and nod my head back towards the hallway. He shakes his head and takes a step closer, pushing on my back. I approach the couch cautiously and sit down, placing my crutches on the floor. Jonathan lingers behind me while CEO Bang takes a seat beside me. I can hear my heart thumping against my chest and my blood pumping in my veins.

"It has come to my attention that you have also been...seeing Taehyung, your separation with Jungkook had not formally ended...you intrigue me, Miss Hong. I could see that your relationship with Jungkook was intimate, to say the least. I'm sure you've seen the many comments being posted on social media suggesting that your...two-timing, shall we say, is due to Big Hit's 'lack of control' when it comes to keeping our idols in check, why, I don't know. I also, as you know, am aware that you plan to sign with Pledis entertainment. Normally under these circumstances, regarding this 'double scadal', your contract would be voided, however I am here to make you an offer," he glances up at Jonathan before again locking onto my eyes, "I plan to make you a solo artist, if you decide to stay with us, that is, if not, your contract will not be voided and you will not debut until the company decides to debut a female group. If you decide to become a solo artist, you will be allowed to continue your relationship with either Jungkook or Taehyung, who, doesn't matter to me. Seventeen is said to debut early/mid next year, you're contract ends two years from now. So, what will it be?"

My heart sank.

T.P.V

Jonathan stood behind the quivering girl, digesting the information his 'enemy' had just spilled. He wondered whether the flower would fall for the vicious bees nectar. As he had already indicated, Pledis didn't want her dating anyone, let alone an idol from a rival company. This 'deal' would allow her to continue her relationship with whomever she desired, probably even Joshua. Being a solo artist wasn't easy by any stretch. You have no one but your staff. Staff are payed to do what they do, they're payed to comfort you, in retrospect, finding genuine companionship is merely impossible, Min-Ji would be aware of that. He chewed at his bottom lip. His own boss would undoubtedly be furious if he let the girl slip through his fingers. Min-Ji was a gods damn catch, she excelled in every area possible. He wouldn't be surprised if she could act. The company needed a fresh and new talent like her, if they couldn't hold on to her, they'd have no choice but to find someone else. Jonathan stared at the flower's black hair. They needed someone that would spark interest in their fans, if not Min-Ji, perhaps someone foreign. He sighed and addressed the smugly dressed CEO, "that's quite a tempting offer, don't you think flower? Give us...say a week to consider things? We have things to pick up, so would you mind leaving us to it?"

The CEO nods keenly but couldn't hide a smirk as he made for the door. Jonathan knew what do, what had to be done. "What are you waiting for? Make like a fish and get packing!" She just stared at him. He snapped his fingered and yelled, "well off you pop!" She shook her head and snapped back into attention. Once Jonathan was sure she had busied herself with packing, he pulled out his phone. "We have an issue, and I have the solution."

Min-Ji sat down in front of her wardrobe and began to pull out items of loose clothing. In her rage, she ended up sitting in the middle of a pile of clothes, panting and tears falling from her bloodshot eyes. She couldn't win, she had forged a plan to get out of this apocalypse of a mess and ended up digging herself into a deeper hole. What the CEO had offered was, well, intriguing. She knew that being a solo artist was a tough gig, but it definitely had its perks. Pledis and BigHit obviously valued her as a trainee, but whether or not she wanted to be in the middle of this mini and somewhat mediocre war, was a another matter. It seemed like the universe was against her, urging her to just...give up. She wasn't like that though, she wasn't the type of person that would just call it a day and fly to another country to escape her troubles, as much as she wanted to. If she didn't accept their offer...her contract would still be in place for another two years or so, and during that time she would never be able to debut. Thinking about it, if BigHit were so keen to keep her, why wouldn't they debut her? Why hasn't she already debuted? Knowing how horrible the world is and can be, Min-Ji knew that Pledis would likely encourage her to peruse a solo career and find someone else to fill her shoes. She reached for a bag lying beside her bed and began stuffing the clothes surrounding her inside. She heard footsteps clapping on the wooden floors before settling in front of her door. Jonathan popped his head in and frowned at what he saw. He strolled over and began chucking the remaining clothes into the bag, "anything else?" She nodded her head and forced herself to stand on her own.

The car trip back was long and caused Min-Ji to continue eating herself alive with her poisonous thoughts. She contemplated over and over again what her best option was. She circled and circled, coming back to the same conclusion, every time. She wouldn't, couldn't betray Seventeen, she would never dream of it. However, in staying true to them, Jonathan included, she wouldn't debut, not for at least a year or two. But that's just what she had to do. She now stood, leaning against one of her crutches and unloading her clothes into a draw. Joshua had earlier greeted her with a smile but didn't dare touch her in any way. Jonathan had left after saying hi to everyone and informing us that a meeting was being held tomorrow and nine sharp.

Min-Ji P.O.V

After returning to the living room and sitting myself down on the large dining table, I was able to enjoy myself as I ate and got to know the others a little better. I don't bother mentioning my run in with that devil of a CEO, thinking it would cause even more drama. Joshua kept a hand on my knee throughout the evening. I wanted so badly to tell him about everything, everything I had done and everything that was going to happen, but right now...I just can't. By the end of the night, at around ten o'clock, I had grown closer to the rest of the boys, including Mingyu. I was now in my shared room, slipping on my pyjamas. The other four boys are huddled outside, all waiting for me to finish. After doing up my buttons I yell out to the others. They enter and all climb into their respected beds. Jihoon lay opposite me on the other bunk, Joshua on the bed above me, Vernon above Jihoon and finally Jeonghan by himself on the single bed on my left. They chatted amongst themselves while I tried not to fall into a deep slumber.

Jihoon raised an eyebrow and inquired, "are you listening?"

"Hmm?"

"I asked a question...," his voice was shockingly cold, another eyebrow raise.

"Oh s-sorry could you repeat it?"

He smiled and chuckled, "its okay, I was just going to ask if you were okay, you haven't been quiet or anything...but you definitely seemed...off."

I mustered the biggest smile I possibly could and replied in a cheery tone, "I'm fine! Thanks for worrying."

Joshua hung upside down and smiled at me, "I'm sure she's just tired, we all better get some sleep."

"Couldn't have put it better myself!" Jeonghan jumped up from his bed and flipped the light switch off.

I smiled before closing my eyes and drifting off into dream land.

Hey Guys!!
Bit of an odd chapter for ya today, still hope you enjoyed😉 I can't thank you guys enough for over 800 reads now!! I am so happy right now!!
Thanks,
Josie💖💖