Chapter 4

Four POV (because it seemed appropriate😂)
I walk through the doors of the diner and immediately see the gang. Lauren's already with them, sitting in the centre like the queen bee. I walk over and accidentally bump into a waitress. She falls to the ground and I help her up. She immediately makes excuses but I ignore them. When she's on her feet I see that it's the new girl, what's her name, Tris.

She walks or should I say skates away and I watch her. She's quite pretty, short with long blonde hair. If she wasn't shy I bet she could be popular. Oh well.

I sit down and Lauren immediately pulls me towards her. "Listen, we need to talk. But not here. After we eat." she whispers. I nod. It's probably nothing. The waitress comes back over and takes our order. She goes away again, and out of the corner of my eye, I see her laughing with Zoe. Wonder what their laughing about.

She comes back with our food and the bill. We start to eat and Zeke turns to me. "So I'm having a party on Friday, a sort of 'I know it's school time but let's pretend it's summer' sort of party. Your coming to my house to help set up. It's going to be awesome!" he shouts and I nod. Parties aren't really my thing, but Zeke and the rest of the group are obsessed with them. So I go along anyway.

Everyone's talking about the party and I try to stay interested but I can't. Instead I find myself watching Tris. Don't ask me why, I just am. We finish and go to pay. Tris comes and smiles at us all, not really looking at anyone. She doesn't meet us in the eye either, probably cause she's shy. She takes the money and says bye. I smile at her and I think Lauren notices because as Tris passes she sticks out her foot to her. But Tris nimbly jumps over and skates away.

Lauren looks so mad and I just laugh with everyone else. But I realise that Tris is dead meat, because she made Lauren look bad and no one does that. We walk out and Lauren pulls me aside. "Ok," she starts," Well I needed to say that I cheated on you." I'm slightly shocked but because this wasn't really anything I just shrug and say," It's ok. No big deal. But can I ask who it was?" She sighs and answers in a small voice,"Eric". I'm taken aback and slightly mad because Eric is my biggest enemy, he's always trying to get rid of me. "So anyway, me and him are kinda going out now, so I'm breaking up with you." she continues. I shrug again and answer,"No big deal. I was actually thinking of ending it as well. We're just not right, you know." and I walk away.

I really meant it. We're not right for each other. Never have been, never will be. But it's ok. As I walk by the diner window I see Tris skating about, wobbling slightly. I find myself smiling and I don't now why. What has this girl done to me?
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗 Hey guys! How was that? Sorry for the boring chapter but it's a slight filler. Anyway please tell me what you thought in the comments. Bye guys! 😊💕