Chapter 68

Tris POV

I see all of Peter's gang surround me with guns. I feel like screaming. But I can't, I can't show them I'm afraid. It'll make them feel more powerful.

All of a sudden I hear Brittany mutter something to Peter. He nods his head and I hear the bang of a gun. Before I can move I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder and I scream.

It's a loud scream, a strangled scream. I can barely get the air in. It hurts, the worst pain I've ever experienced. I want to claw at my shoulder, try to get rid of the pain. But I just clench my fists. I know it will just make it worse.

They are all about to shoot again. I hear the faint rustling of leaves and see two eyes peek out. They look at me in shock. Why won't they help me?

Suddenly they step backwards and snap a twig. But they seem to have done that on purpose. Peter and Drew go to investigate.

I should take this opportunity to escape. But what could I do? I can't run forward, they'll shoot me. I could run backwards but there's only a lake.

There's only a lake.....

Suddenly I think of an idea.

Christina POV

I can't believe Uriah. Why did he go to talk to her? Just cause she's jealous of Tris.

Yes I admit, when Tris joined the school I too was jealous. I mean she was so pretty, talented and smart. Everyone was so intrigued to her. She didn't open up to anyone.

Well apart from Four. They seem to know everything about each other. It must be nice. Will and I, well we barely know anything about each other. All I know about him is he's really smart. That's it.

And he probably just thinks I'm someone obsessed with clothes. But I'm not. I'm so much more. But he doesn't seem to care.

I sigh and get up from the table. I need some air. I walk outside and sit on a bench. When did life become this hard?

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hey guys! I'm planning on ending this story on chapter 70. You'll find out everything then!

Please tell me what you thought!

S.O.T.C: All About that Bass by Meghan Trainor. I really like this song, I just heard it today!

Bye guys! 😊💕