Chapter 41

Tris POV

By the time lunch comes everything feels ok. But then I see them. Peter, Drew and Al. They are the reason I was in a coma. They beat me up, they touched me. It's all their fault. I freeze and they immediately come over to me. Peter is smirking, Drew is limping and Al is looking at the ground. "Well, well, well if it isn't Tris. How was your summer. I heard you were lazy and slept most of it. Well we had a blast, didn't we." They all nod and suddenly Fours in front of me. "Leave her alone Peter. Or did you forget how much I hurt you." and with that they all scurry away. Four turns around to face me and he says something but I can't hear it. Everything sounds as if I'm underwater. I feel my legs give way and I fall into the darkness.

Four POV

I really hate Peter, Drew and Al right now. Tris has just fainted and I just caught her. She could've cracked her head open on the floor. I put an arm around her legs and another on her back. I carry her to the nurses office and set her down as gently as I can. Then I wait there until she wakes up.

Next thing I know Brittany comes barging in. "Four! What the hell! You were supposed to bring me to Starbucks over lunch. I waited for like 10 minutes and you never showed! What are you doing in here with her?" she sneers,"Shes faking it. She's not important. I'm your girlfriend. Not her. She's an ugly little brat!" I can't take it any longer. How dare she say that about Tris. "No Brittany. She's not the ugly little brat here, you are! You know what, I'm sick and tired of this. We're done." I shout. She looks at me shocked and hurt. "Your-Your breaking up with me?" she asks in a small voice. I nod and she storms off. I walk out after her and then she turns around and screams at me,"Well guess what! I've been cheating on you with Peter! Yeah we're going out but now I'm moving! Yeah I'm moving to L.A! I'm going to be the next big thing. This is my year! And when I'm famous don't even think about talking to me!" and with that she storms off.

Tris POV

Four doesn't realise that I had woke up. But I had. I heard everything. I can't believe it. They broke up and it was because of me. He comes back in and his face lights up when he sees I'm awake. "Tris your awake!" he exclaims. "I heard everything. You broke up because of me. It's all my fault-" he cuts me off by saying,"Hey hey hey. it's not your fault! Not one tiny bit! To be honest I never really cared about her. I just dated her to prove a point." I nod and look down. He never really cared about her.

We get up and run to music. We get in the classroom just before the bell rings. There's only two seats left right at the front. We go and sit down and then Mrs Wu starts to talk. "Ok class. Today I will be picking 10 people to sing two of their own original songs!" She proceeds to pick 10 people and I'm last. Great I already know what I'm going to sing.

Soon enough it was my turn. I ran up to the stage and got a guitar. "Hey guys. Um I'm going to sing two of my own songs today. The first one it called Better than Revenge. I hope you like it." And I begin singing.

Now go stand in the corner

And think about what you did

Time for a little revenge

The story starts when it was hot

And it was summer and

I had it all I had him

Right the where I wanted him

She came along got him alone

And let's hear the applause

She took him faster than

You could say sabotage

I never saw it coming