Chapter 63

Four POV

I can't believe that just happened! I didn't think she would be in there! I don't even know why that just happened!

Tris just stormed off and probably won't talk to me now. I'm dead. She's got to understand. I have to show her that I'm not like that.

"Hey, baby. You coming?" Lauren purrs. I shake my head with disgust. "No. No. That was a mistake. It won't happen again." I answer and she pouts. "What? Come on!" I roll my eyes and walk off leaving her standing there.

Tris POV

A few minutes after I walked away, Four walked back in. I rolled my eyes as he set off towards us. Everyone looks at us confused but I don't answer.

The dance has been a disaster. It's really awkward. No ones talking. I get up and go over to the punch bowl. I start to talk to some of my classmates there, just to kill time.

We laugh and then I remember my friends. I walk back towards the table when I hear Marlene comment something. "But don't you think she's such a drama queen. And she likes to act all innocent but we can all see through it." I think she's talking about Lauren but then she continues. "And when she joined this school, like why did we even become friends with her? I mean she's not that interesting. And what's with all the cryptic details about her past? I swear she's made tonight so awkward and boring. Ugh Tris really needs to lighten up or go away." I gasp and drop my cup.

Christina looks up and fake smiles at me,"Oh hey Tris. How long have you been standing there?" Everyone is looking at me now, apologetically. Well Marlene looks embarrassed and appalled.

"Long enough." I answer. "I can't believe you. Any of you. You obviously don't care one bit about me. So all this time you've just been pretending? Wow. Thanks guys." I turn on my heel to walk out the doors when another thought pops into my head. "Oh and Mar?" I say turning around. "Are you forgetting your dirty little secret that only I know? Or should I say knew? Hey guys guess what? Well when Mar and Four were having an affair, Mar had a pregnancy scare. Oh how would she have explained that to Uriah? See you around bitches."

And with that I walk out, tears forming in my eyes. I reach up to wipe them away. Why? Why does my life always go like this?

It's true though, what I said about Marlene. I walking in on her crying in the bathroom, and she told me because I'm the only one who knew about her and Four. I swore id never tell but she swore she was my friend. So yeah, I guess we're no longer friends anymore.

None of us are. They didn't say anything, they didn't agree but they didn't disagree. Not even Four.

I don't know. I wish it was different, I wish he was different. But he's not. This is just another place, another school where I don't fit in.

Not only do I have no friends but my head teacher murdered my parents. Well isn't my life just messed up. I'm stopped by Lauren. "Ha crying cause you didn't win dance queen?" she sneers and I shake my head. Tears continue streaming down my face as she hurls insults at me. When I don't react I think she starts to get worried.

"Um Tris what's wrong?" she asks and I shake my head and rush off. I need time to think. I go to the pond again. I just sit there in my dress, watching the moonlight hit the water. If only I could fall underneath there, and never return. If only...

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating, I've had school. Today I was so tired I felt like I was going to faint. I don't know what happened. I'll try to update again tonight!

S.O.T.C: Youth by Foxes. I just love this song! 😂

Bye guys! 😊💕