Chapter 28

Four POV

This is it. The first day of school. My first day as an instructor. I get dressed in my black clothes, Dauntless standard.

I walk through the doors. Everyone turns and stares, the girls with their jaws dropped, some winking and signalling call me, the boys looking jealous, protectively having their arms around their girls waists or shoulders. I smirk and walk on. Yeah, I'm used to it.

Suddenly Max, the dauntless head master/leader and Jeanine, the Erudite leader. She's also on the board of governors, she makes the big decisions. People think she's the main leader, as she's the worst but my father was worse. He used to be Abnegation leader, before he got the big government job. Now Abnegation basically run themselves no leader. They're selfless enough so they can work like that.

"Everyone go to the sports hall and get in 4 lines. Oh and every leader from each faction go to your senior leader. Move!" he shouts and everyone rushes away. I walk to Max and he draws me aside. "Now listen. Don't blame me but this is very important..."

Tris POV

When I get to school in my black clothes, I immediately find myself looking for Four. No Tris, bad Tris. He's not interested. He doesn't care about you anymore. He doesn't care about any of us. He has Lauren, she'll be good for him.

I go over to the gang and they all look excited. I, on the other hand, am extremely nervous. I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail. I catch the Erudite leader, otherwise known as the ruthless Jeannine Matthews, give me a weird look. She looks like she's observing me, oh course. A true Erudite. She turns to another Erudite member and whispers something. Uh oh, this won't be good.

Suddenly she strides over and I shrink back against the lockers. "Ah Beatrice isn't it? Beatrice Prior?" she asks and I nod. "Ye-Yes." i clear my throat,"Yes, ma'am. That's me. Where you looking for something?" I ask politely. She smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes. They stay cold and calculating. "No, no. I just wanted to say I'm sorry about your parents. Very sad. Such a waste." I smile sadly and nod my head,"Yes it's very sad. But my brother and I, Caleb, are working through it." She nods,"Caleb Prior? Ou yes, he's in some of my classes. Such a smart young man." and with that her expression is suddenly far away. I look behind me to where she's looking but all I see is Eric. But what would she be doing with Eric?

He nods his head slightly and she does too. I act like I didn't see it, but I did. Something's wrong I know it.

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗Hey guys! I know I know, it's really boring but it'll get better soon. Id love to hear some of your feedback. It means a lot to me. Bye. 😊💕