Chapter 50

Tris POV

I arrive home and fix myself up as best as I can. I can't let my family see me like this. They'll get worried. I walk through the door and wave at my family and then run upstairs.

I shut my door as quiet as I can and fall onto my bed. I sob quietly, until my phone lights up. I'm about to ignore it when I see the i.d is Christina.

Hey! Candor or Dauntless game right now! And your so sleeping over!-C

I don't know if I feel like it.-T

Oh come on! What could've happened that would make you want to not want to play?-C

If only she knew...

Fine! But who's going?-T

All of us silly!-C

Is Al going to be there?-T

Nope!-C

Ok then that's fine!-T

It's not really but I don't want to argue. I change clothes, put on a few layers, fix my makeup and rush downstairs. "Hey, my friends invited me for a sleepover. Can I go?" I ask and they nod. "Fine but be back by 3 tomorrow." my mum says. I nod and rush out to my car.

I drive to Christina's, worrying about seeing Tobias after tonight. What will he say? What will he do? It's going to be so awkward. The gang are going to notice for sure.

I knock on the door and Christina drags me in. Everyone's already in a circle so I walk over and sit down in between Uriah and Christina. Everyone looks between me and Four but they don't say anything.

"Ok I'm starting. Hmmmm Zeke my brother. Candor or Dauntless?" Uriah asks. He thinks before answering,"Dauntless." We all laugh, wrong choice. "Ok! I dare you to run up to Christina's little sister's room and burst in screaming,"I am the bogeyman!"" We all burst out laughing and Zeke stands up. He runs upstairs and we hear a little girl screaming. Zeke runs downstairs still screaming. We all laugh so hard we're almost crying. "That was you screaming?" I choke out and he nods. "She's a scary little girl!" he protests and I laugh even harder.

We continue to play until Christina asks me,"Candor or Dauntless?" I answer Candor and she immediately says,"Whats going on with Four and you tonight?" "Dauntless." I immediately answer. Everyone, apart from Four roll their eyes. "Alright, all right. We broke up." I answer simply. They all look at us in shock and Marlene shrieks,"Spill!" I sigh and then reply, looking at the floor,"Well. Basically it was all Al and Brittany's fault. They set it up. They texted each of us to go on a date. We did and then they both texted again saying that they couldn't make it. I stayed with Al because he said that his date stood him up. Then, at the end, I saw Four and Brittany hugging and holding hands. I thought he was cheating on me. Al then kissed me and i shoved him off. I ran after Four and he kissed Brittany. He says it was because he was mad. I don't know why they were together. We broke up and then they announced it was all a setup, to break us up. And I guess it worked." Everyone glares at Four and he protests,"Ok ok stop looking at me like that. What happened was that Brittany said her boyfriend was cheating on her, she was crying I comforted her. I say Al kissing Tris, I got mad, then I kissed Brittany. I honestly don't know why I did. I'm sorry Tris."

He looks up at me and I look away. I feel tears welling up and I rush away. I can't stay there anymore. Four rushes after me but I turn around. "Just leave me alone. Please." He nods and walks away. Before he walks back into the living room, he turns and says,"I really am sorry Tris. You were the one person I actually loved, the one person I thought loved me. I wish this never happened. I'm sorry. But I still love you." and he walks away.

I rush to Christina's room and collapse in a sobbing heap. Why? Why did I have to lose him? I hear the gang laughing below. They must be continuing the game. I'm about to walk downstairs when I hear someone say,"Guys no just leave her alone. She's obviously having a hard time. We don't want to pressure her." They think that I'm having a hard time? Well obviously! But I wish someone would come to speak to me. I need someone to talk to.

Then I have an idea. I grab my songbook from my bag and begin writing.

'The Lonely'

2am where do I begin

Crying off my face again

The silent sound of loneliness

wants to follow me to bed

I'm a ghost of a girl

That I want to be most

I'm the shell of a girl

That i used to know well

Dancing slowly in an empty room

Can the lonely take the place of you?

I sing myself I quiet lullaby

Let you go and let the lonely in

To take my heart again

Too afraid to go outside

for the pain of one more loveless night

For the loneliness will stay with me

And hold me till I fall asleep

I'm a ghost of a girl

That I want to be most

I'm the shell of a girl

That I used to know well

Dancing slowly in an empty room

Can the lonely take the place of you?

I sing myself I quiet lullaby

Let you go and let the lonely in

To take me heart again

Broken pieces of

A barely breathing story

Where there once was love

Now there's only me

And the lonely

Dancing slowly in an empty room

Can the lonely take the place of you?

I sing myself I quiet lullaby

Let you go and let the lonely in

To take me heart again

I finish writing and wipe away a few tears that had spilled over. I put my songbook away, ready for the next music class. I'll sing my song then. Then they will all know how I'm feeling. Music helps me like that, I can always count on music.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hey guys! Again sorry for the sad chapters! And I'm just realising that this is my 50th chapter! Yay! I can't believe it! I started this story expecting their to be only a few people to read it but 11K reads! Unbelievable! Thanks to everyone who has read, commented or voted for this story! And thank you to everyone who was there from the start! It really means so much to me!

S.O.T.C: The Lonely by Christina Perry. Yes this is the song I used in this chapter. I do not own it by the way! I think I've already used it, but it's such a good song! It's so sad and emotional but beautiful!

Bye guys! 😊💕