Chapter 38

Tris POV

I wake up.

What? How am I still alive?

Why did I just wake up?

I see all my friends surrounding me with worried expressions. "What- What am I doing here?" I ask. They all look even more worried. "Do you not remember?" Christina asks. I shake my head and they all look down. "Guys it's ok. I'll tell her. Give us a minute will you?" Four ask. They all nod and leave. "Well?" I ask and he takes a deep breath.

"Ok well you've been out for most of the summer. On the last day of school we all made up. And then we got in a fight. It was silly really. You where trying to convince us all to go zip lining. I didn't want to so we started arguing. Then I said- I said that we all really hated you. That we were using you to make us more popular. That isn't true. You have to know that. You rushed away crying. We all went to find you but Al, Drew and Peter got to you first. They- they beat you up. They tried to- they tried to touch you. I got there before anything happened. By this time they had punched and kicked you so many times you were barely conscious. We brought you here, after I beat them up, and you went into a coma. We thought you wouldn't wake up. I'm sorry Tris. I'm so sorry." he finishes and gets up.

"Wait! where are you going?" I ask and he turns. "I can't. I just cant. Im sorry. You got hurt because of me." He starts to pace and I grab his hand. "Hey. No. It's fine. Please stay. Please. I don't blame you. And you shouldn't blame yourself." I say and he looks up at me with shocked eyes. "Really?" "Really."

Suddenly the doors burst open and Al rushes through. "Tris I heard you were awake. Tris I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please Tris. Can you forgive me?" he reaches out to touch me and I flinch. "Don't touch me. Don't talk to me. You are a coward. I'll never forgive you." I hiss and he looks heartbroken. He runs away and I collapse crying. Four rubs my back and I look up and smile at him. "Sorry about that." I say and he smiles. "It's ok." I wipe my eyes and continue,"And thanks for being here for me. Don't blame yourself really." He smiles at me again and then a doctor rushes in.

"Tris! Your awake! That's brilliant! Oh and visitors hours are over. But one person can stay with you." and with that the doctor goes out. "Four can you stay?" I ask and he nods. He goes out to tell the gang and they all walk past my window and wave. I see Four talking to a pretty girl about our age. My heart drops when they hug. Is she his girlfriend? No maybe they're just friends.

He comes back in and I smile at him. "Who was the girl?" I ask and he blushes slightly. "Oh her, um that was my, um, my girlfriend Brittany. We meet during the summer. She's super sweet. She's kinda apart of our group now. You'll be great friends, I just know it." I smile and nod but the word girlfriend just repeats in my mind. He has a girlfriend. I've lost him again...

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰Hey guys! Tris isn't dead! Yay! But Four has a girlfriend! Boo! Don't kill me! Anyway comment what you thought Id love to know!

S.O.T.C: Glorious by Foxes. Omg! I just adore Foxes! She's so pretty and just one of the best singers ever!

Has anyone heard Taylor swifts new song Shake it Off? Seriously I'm in love with this song! It's awesome! But it sounds so different to what Taylor Swift usually sounds like!

Bye guys! 😊💕