Chapter 40

Tris POV

I go back go school today. Great. I don't want to see all the sorrowful faces, I don't want to hear all the 'Get Better Soon's' It's fake. It always is. I'll no longer be Poor Tris Prior who's the new girl. No now I'm Poor Tris Prior who was in a coma all summer.

I don't want to go back. But hopefully this will help everything go back to normal. Sadly though I'll still have to see Four and Brittany everyday. I push that thought out of my mind and get up.

I get dressed, just putting on skinny jeans and a soft jumper and shove on my converse. I grab my backpack and say bye to my family. I don't feel like eating today. I rush and walk to school. When I turn the corner I see something that makes my heart break. Four and Brittany walking hand in hand. I hide behind a corner and force myself to calm down. Tears were forming in my eyes but I blink until they go away. I can't let anyone know my feelings. They'll humiliate me.

I rush past them and I hear Four call my name. I just wave but I don't turn around. Not today. I'm sorry. I run to the office and get my schedule. Christina already gave me a copy of hers and I see we have all classes together. She's already told me the rest of the gang and Brittany have all the same classes. So yeah all day with Brittany and Four, great.

I find my homeroom with Miss Wu and I rush in. I see all of the gang and Brittany sitting at the back of the room. There's one empty seat beside Four and one beside Will. I'm so going to regret this. I'm so going to regret this. But I do it anyway. I go and sit beside Four. I'm at the wall so there is no one else beside me. Great. Just Great.

I take out my book, Beautiful Creatures, and begin reading just as Four turns to talk to me. He takes my book and sets it on my desk. "What?" I ask and he replies,"Seriously what's wrong? You've been acting strange ever since you woke up." I roll my eyes and snap,"Well I'm sorry if it inconvenienced you if I woke up." and I go back to reading. But I can tell he looks shocked and a little hurt. Suddenly I hear a voice whisper in my ear,"Tris no it didn't inconvenience me. I'm worried that's all. You've barely been eating, sleeping or talking ever since you got out if the coma. I'm worried, all of us are worried. Please Tris, tell me what's wrong." I look down, tears threatening to spill over. "I can't. I'm sorry." and then the bell rings. I get up and grab my backpack. I'm out the door before Four could say another word. He wouldn't understand. He doesn't feel the same way. But I guess he'll find out in music when I sing my two songs. I just have to make it through the rest of the day.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰Hey guys! Yay Tris is going to sing! Hopefully some Fourtris coming soon in the next few chapters! Yay! Please comment what you thought id love to hear it!

S.O.T.C: Not About Angels by Birdy. Although I absolutely detest TFIOS I really like this song! It's really sad and I love the strings in it! And I just adore Birdy! But yeah i hate TFIOS. Sorry, not sorry! Don't hate me!

Bye guys! 😊💕